Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll be 3 weeks out from the sleeve on Monday. My glue has all fallen off and my incisions look good. All I want is a dang bath! Is this permissible? I don't want to wait until Monday to call my office and ask.

Just one more full day until you can find out. Did your surgeon tell you three weeks? I was cleared for fully submersible activities (bath, swim) when I had a checkup about 2-3 weeks. Will you be having a check up?

Just one more full day until you can find out. Did your surgeon tell you three weeks? I was cleared for fully submersible activities (bath, swim) when I had a checkup about 2-3 weeks. Will you be having a check up?

Check up on Wednesday. The discharge nurse said about 6 weeks or until wounds are healed. I felt like 6 weeks was superfluous and my wounds look great! I guess I shall wait although I feel like it's safe. I won't die from wanting a bath in the next couple days I suppose!

4 hours ago, LELH said:

My glue has all fallen off and my incisions look good. All I want is a dang bath! Is this permissible?

I'm not a surgeon or your surgeon but I was allowed to shower the first few days and to bath after my review at about 24 days.

My op incisions were healed (i.e. no glue, no hanging stitches or suture threads) by day 11.

I am a bath-a-day girl - stress release. I wasn’t working over Christmas, so did without for 15 days but was very delighted to return to my bathtub then.

I was Clear once all wounds were clearly healed, no more scab, no hint of un-healed portion of incision anywhere..

And trust us, all any of us who know you want is...for you to bathe!!! ;) bahahahahahaha! ROFL! :D j/k sweetie. Hope you get your bath soon! (My people are shower people.) :D

Fluffy I became a shower-kid after I got stuck in the tub and it didn't want to turn loose of me. Screamed for Tomkitten to put the bathmat on the side, after I made sure he left hooved my,legs over the edge and pried myself out. Oh the embarrassment of Beached Whalehood! Yes and I had bruise skid-marks on the outside of both thighs. So you could say I was forcibly converted to shower-hood.[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji25]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I was very naughty on this point and bathed a week out. In truth, most of my incisions were sticking out of the Water, and they had a nice superficial seal going on...excellent healing. Had any of them been weepy or broken or irritated, I would not have bathed....but they were all healing cleanly and I...kinda....used my own judgement and had no problems.

Very important to keep them clean and DRY after your bath. Pat them down gently and make sure everything looks good. No lotions or powders.

The correct answer is to wait until you get clearance from your doctor.

Edited by Creekimp13