Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2018 Sleevers- How is everyone doing? Please post.

Hey everyone. I had surgery on 1/8/18. I am doing ok. It is harder than I thought it would be. It is hard getting all of the Water in, Protein and all of the required Vitamins. It is a lot. How is everyone else doing? Please share your successes and not so successful results. We are all different so dont be surprised if someone loses less than someone else. I wish everyone well and hope things are going great!

Hi! I was sleeved on Wed. Jan 24th. I lost about 20 lbs on the pre-op liquid diet, so started out at 297, surgery weight 277, and today am 267, so 10 lbs lost since surgery.

Everyone's program is so different. I'm still on full liquids until 14 days post-op, when I can start purees. My surgery went great and I'm recovering really well - I just wish I could progress a little faster on the diet phases.

I drink about 96 oz. of Water a day in addition to my liquid foods of sf Jello, Bone Broth, Premier Protein shakes, and strained cream of Soups, which is mostly hot salty milk.

I'm happy to connect with fellow January sleevers!

1 minute ago, wendybird said:

Hi! I was sleeved on Wed. Jan 24th. I lost about 20 lbs on the pre-op liquid diet, so started out at 297, surgery weight 277, and today am 267, so 10 lbs lost since surgery.

Everyone's program is so different. I'm still on full liquids until 14 days post-op, when I can start purees. My surgery went great and I'm recovering really well - I just wish I could progress a little faster on the diet phases.

I drink about 96 oz. of Water a day in addition to my liquid foods of sf Jello, bone broth, Premier Protein shakes, and strained cream of Soups, which is mostly hot salty milk.

I am so glad that you are doing well. Can you give me any tips on getting more Water in? I feel like I am always water logged. I use flavoring for water but need other ideas.

I have a 32 oz bottle of Water that I try to fill three times a day. I have one for home and and one at work. I use Crystal Light sometimes (I fill the bottle half way or use two packets) but mostly just try to take a drink of water every few minutes, I always have it with me.

I also like to drink hot herbal tea like mint and chamomile.

Sipping some herb tea right now. I think today will be my highest Water day, but it seems to get easier every day. Protein is tougher now that I'm on purees, as I really don't like the (pricey) unflavored powder mixed in with things. So still having some Protein Shake action once a day. Feeling pretty good. Lost 9 pounds the week before surgery - surgeon's office counts results back to my initial consultation, so with months of preop, etc, down about 32 pounds by their calculations.

I was sleeved 1/9/18. Things are going Ok. I was only on a pre op diet for one week prior. BariatricPal liquid for 3 days. Full liquid for 1 week and now I am entering my last of three weeks of purees (thank God). I too struggle to get both my Protein and my Water. I am SO over shakes so that hinders my protein intake. But overall I feel good. From starting weight (before pre op) I am down about 30 lbs with no exercise other than making sure I’m walking lots. I start soft foods on Friday and am hoping to get cleared for full exercise next Monday when I meet my surgeon for a one month follow up. I don’t have as much energy as I used to- but being down 30 pounds takes a little less energy to do things so all in all- I’m doing well. Good luck to you! It’s nice to have people who had surgery so close to mine to compare notes!

I am so glad that you are doing well. Can you give me any tips on getting more Water in? I feel like I am always water logged. I use flavoring for water but need other ideas.

I'm a January sleever. I was instructed to have 64 oz of fluids. This includes the Protein Drinks. I guess every person is different

I like using the caramel Premier Protein shake as cream for my coffee.< br>

Hey I'm a January sleever. I just experienced my first throw up. I ate too fast. Should I do anything. I threw up all my Protein

You could always have a Protein Shake, but you don’t have to do anything. I throw up pretty often but it has gotten better in the last week. It happens.

I had my surgery on the 18th of January..I've lost 40#'s. I had some complications after the surgery that prevented me to walk much but now I'm moving along. I noticed today that I didn't get winded walking around a grocery store or had to lean on something. I'm on stage 3 and I'm eating refried Beans with scrambled eggs in the Am, chicken salad for lunch with 3 crackers, and for dinner it's 3 crackers with humus. I can't stand the Protein Shakes so I habe to figure out another way to get my Protein.

I was sleeved on 1/3. I am 5’7, was 255 at surgery and I’m down to 226 in 4 weeks. I had a rough 2 week recovery, but feeling fine now.
I had a slew of health problems for the last 8 years after gaining 90lbs very quickly. I am happy to say ALL traces of the edema I had are completely gone, I’m off lasix and all my blood pressure meds. I don’t have reflux anymore either. I have 4 more weeks on the mushies stage until I can eat regularly, but I don’t feel restricted on my food choices right now anyway except for anything seeded and raw veggies. I am only able to eat 2oz at a time, but I supplement with two Protein Shakes a day. I have a few expensive bags of Bariatric Advantage left that I can’t stand anymore, but I really like the muscle milk with the 32g of Protein in it. I tried Isopure drinks 🤢. Still on the hunt for a protein source I can add to my Water that isn’t whey and has a milky taste. I have the flu, so I haven’t been exercising but still able to drink and eat “normally”
I had a craving for something sweet, and i found a bunch of Keto recipes on Pinterest that were sugar free and low carb obviously, my favorite are no bake energy balls made with almond flour and Peanut Butter. Crystal light is my drink of choice. No alcohol yet, no desire which is weird because I used to drink often. Not in large quantities but often.

Hi there! I had surgery on 1/15. Feeling pretty good after having had the flu for several days. I was doing great in my Water before then....struggling now. Plain water is so gross. I'm HATING artificial sweeteners. So just plugging along. The heartburn has started with adding more foods. Not fun. Down 22lb from surgery day.

5 hours ago, wendybird said:

I drink about 96 oz. of Water a day in addition to my liquid foods of sf Jello, bone broth, Premier Protein shakes, and strained cream of Soups, which is mostly hot salty milk.

So proud of you. I'm 10days post op I thought I was doing well with my Water. You blew me out the water. I would love to connect. I'm on full liquids as well.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:56 PM, LELH said:

Hi there! I had surgery on 1/15. Feeling pretty good after having had the flu for several days. I was doing great in my Water before then....struggling now. Plain Water is so gross. I'm HATING artificial sweeteners. So just plugging along. The heartburn has started with adding more foods. Not fun. Down 22lb from surgery day.

I had my surgery the same day! Along with a hiatal hernia repair. Hernia surgery was more painful of a recovery IMO than the sleeve. I’m 100% back to normal after surgery. Sometimes I even forget I had the sleeve and start eating “regular bites” and have to remind myself to SLOWWWW DOWN! I’m down 20lbs including my one week pre-op. Currently in a stall haven’t lost any weight since 2.5-3wks! Booooo!