Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Primary refuses to do blood work for vitamin levels

I am hoping you can give me advice or some direction on my issue. So I have not had my gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico yet, but I wanted to talk to my local provider to see if she would be able to test my Vitamin levels and she refused and told me to go to the bariatric clinic, but the bariatric clinic won’t see me because, did not perform the surgery. What do I do?

Ask your clinic in Mexico what their patients usually do about that conundrum.

You may need to find a primary care physician who is more open to doing the testing.

Call an urgent care clinic in your area. Ask them what they charge for self-pay. Blood work is fairly reasonable.

Find a new PCP. I find my Pcp's support is critical to my success.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

Your dr doesnt seem to give a flying **** about your health, if thats her attitude. It sounds like its time for a new md. Your dr should suport your desire to get healthy. Dr needs to read their hypocratic oath again.

I'm sorry! That sounds so miserable. There are internet websites where you can order your own bloodtests. You pay online and then print out the orders and take them to the contracted lab. I got cheap blood type testing this way for work overseas.

I have several walk in clinics that do blood work nearby and they are super inexpensive. I get an “executive woman’s profile” every 6 months or so just for grins and spend ~$35. Surely there must be similar lab services near you? Regardless, I would not be back to that doctor that’s ridiculously unreasonable.

Sorry you are running into that hurdle. Get a new pcp. I told mine yesterday that I was having the surgery in Mexico. She was thrilled and gave me a hug and said she was looking forward to following my care after surgery. Find a new doc that cares more about your health. You may also want to check with your health insurer to see if they can find you a doctor. Good luck!

I'm seeing my PCP in a few weeks. I guess I'll see what she thinks when I tell her I'm going to Mexico. (We haven't discussed it at all.)

Guess who's getting scratched off of Doctor's Christmas List! I would go in a Colorado Rockies catcher outfit or A Colorado Avalance 🌀hockey suit, because there may,be,micking and screaming and you want your shins protected, don't you?