Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, That Is Normal

Hello there!

You are about to have surgery and it's scaring you to death? You are thinking you made a mistake? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

You just had your surgery and you feel like crap? It's hard to swallow and you ache all over? You wish you had not done this? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

You're recovering from surgery, but the restricted diet is driving you up a wall? You'd like some assurances that there are things you can eat that won't make you bored senseless and/or nauseous, and if not, comforting words that this will pass and the next stages are better? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

It's been a few weeks since surgery and you're worried you're not losing as much weight as other people? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

It's been two or three weeks since your surgery and you seem to have stopped losing weight entirely? You maybe even gained a few pounds? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

It is totally cool to ask about all of these things! It's totally cool to worry and want some nice people to give you advice and tell you that you are not alone. Post anything you would like. But you can also take a few minutes and read some of the earlier posts. You should totally do that, too, as a) it will give you more answers to the thing that is bothering/scaring you more quickly and b ) it will help you see that you're not alone and there are nice people here who have had the same or similar problems and they turned out okay. Also, by posting your worries in the pre-existing threads, you will make the top of the forum less scary to other new people, as there won't be a half dozen posts on the same problem, just a few longer ones with lots of support and answers already in place.

The forum didn't open this morning! Don't discount how much you can learn by reading what's already here. You are going to be okay. Settle in and read stuff. It will help, I promise.

Word!

Great post! Love it!

I wish they made the search option easier for new people to find..:P

Top right corner... or Activity - Scroll down to search

Search via google type: "site:www.bariatricpal.com can eat too much" works too. Of course if people are posting and not reading they'll never see this post either :-)

17 hours ago, jenn1 said:

I wish they made the search option easier for new people to find..:P

Top right corner... or Activity - Scroll down to search

Me too :) ...actually I use my cellphone mostly to read posts but when searching for something the app isnt the most friendly as my very specific key words are never found (topic name or username) :( not sure why but it reminds me to log into the full site!

On 2/3/2018 at 8:39 AM, etc. etc. etc. said:

Hello there!

You are about to have surgery and it's scaring you to death? You are thinking you made a mistake? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

You just had your surgery and you feel like crap? It's hard to swallow and you ache all over? You wish you had not done this? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

You're recovering from surgery, but the restricted diet is driving you up a wall? You'd like some assurances that there are things you can eat that won't make you bored senseless and/or nauseous, and if not, comforting words that this will pass and the next stages are better? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

It's been a few weeks since surgery and you're worried you're not losing as much weight as other people? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

It's been two or three weeks since your surgery and you seem to have stopped losing weight entirely? You maybe even gained a few pounds? Yes, that is normal. You will be okay. There are many threads about that. Have a look.

It is totally cool to ask about all of these things! It's totally cool to worry and want some nice people to give you advice and tell you that you are not alone. Post anything you would like. But you can also take a few minutes and read some of the earlier posts. You should totally do that, too, as a) it will give you more answers to the thing that is bothering/scaring you more quickly and b ) it will help you see that you're not alone and there are nice people here who have had the same or similar problems and they turned out okay. Also, by posting your worries in the pre-existing threads, you will make the top of the forum less scary to other new people, as there won't be a half dozen posts on the same problem, just a few longer ones with lots of support and answers already in place.

The forum didn't open this morning! Don't discount how much you can learn by reading what's already here. You are going to be okay. Settle in and read stuff. It will help, I promise.

Legendary post! Should be pinned to the top somewhere!

(clears throat to bump this back up a bit, for the benefit of newer folks)

bump