Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm nearing my 6-month mark and have only had one very brief stall around month 3, I think. Currently, I haven't lost anything in almost 3 weeks and it's so incredibly discouraging. I know its normal... and I really did expect it to happen. I'm just really bummed and stressing out about it because I just keep thinking I'm screwing it all up somehow. I eat pretty well and exercise 5 days a week... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO NOT BE LOSING WEIGHT?! I feel like even without the surgery I'd be losing weight right now. Very frustrating.

Thanks for reading my rant. I Just needed to vent to people who know what this is like. :wacko:

I’m 3 months out and haven’t lost for almost 2 weeks. So frustrating. I’m exercising. Eating minimal carbs. Meeting Protein and Water goals. Idk what to do?? So maybe someone can give both of us some suggestions :)

Stalls are part of the process, as frustrating as they are. In my experience, nothing about post-op weight loss was linear. It was more like a step function. I'd lose 8-10 pounds in 8-10 days, then stall for 2-3 weeks, and then repeat the process.

I know it can be discouraging, but try not to let it bother you. (And stay off of the scale if it bothers you too much.) If you stick to your plan, eat and drink as you should, and exercise, you will lose weight. It will just come off in its own time.

Good luck!

I had MGB at the end of September and did fairly well the first 3 months and then didn't lose much for a about a month despite my best efforts (eating well, exercising lots). I was starting to think maybe I'd hit my set point as I was at the weight I'd been for many years before I had to have my Lap-band removed. But low and behold, the scale started moving again last week. I did wind up going back to the Protein Shakes in the morning to help me get the Protein in (I was slipping a bit with this), so this may have tipped the balance. I agree: stay away from the scale. I only weigh myself a maximum of once per week. And I skip the weekly weigh in around my period!

I’m 10 months in and for every long stall (like two or three weeks) they advised me to up my calorie intake. I started a little over 300 pounds and am now at 198.

i lost 100lbs in the first 6 months. but i’ve been stalled for a month straight now since.

talked to my surgeon yesterday, he said i will start to lose again for sure. he said i have been a fast loser the first 6 months, and a lot of times that means the 6-month stall will be longer than usual bc your body has a lot to adjust to. he said slower losers have a much shorter 6-month stall, or none at all.