Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Little Green getting little(r)

On 5/14/2018 at 12:35 AM, PCOSSUCKS said:

I just read this entire thread...wow what a roller coaster! Not in a bad way but just a lot of ups and downs. I start my liquid diet on the 17th...this whole process has fell into place for me (almost waiting for the other shoe to drop) but really resting in the peace I have about this journey. I can’t wait to hear how it goes for you Little Green!

Thank you so much for reading! Yes... omg, lol, it really has been a rollercoaster. I'm glad the last couple weeks have been mostly smooth sailing for me! You will do a fabulous job on the liquid diet and we'll be here to cheer you on! :D

I haven't lost much weight in the last week, only 4 pounds. So I'm at a total of 14 lbs down. After 18 days on the liquid diet I would have expected to be at 20 pounds or so (because my starting weight is higher than most). I have had a few odd hormonal things happening - I have PCOS with amenorrhea so I haven't had regular periods since I was 17, but the last couple of weeks I've had on and off spotting that started 4 or 5 days into the diet. I don't know if that could factor in or not.

I'm just hoping my liver is small enough for a safe surgery and that my surgeon won't be disappointed. I still have today and tomorrow to go, of course, maybe I can take off another 2-3 pounds.

You'll do it, I have complete faith,in you. Remember you're going to keep me from having to get a job in the Jolly Green Giant's vegetable factory. Please save me, I don't want bag peas and onions throughout eternity!💦😪

Well I just took the half bottle dose of magnesium citrate for bowel prep for tomorrow... we'll see shortly whether or not I'm full of sh*t! :lol:

I had a massage and a float session today, both were very relaxing. I'm feeling pretty good, overall, not as anxious as I'd imagined. Plan to relax some more with a bath before bed, and hopefully I can sleep tonight! We'll be leaving for the hospital around 6:45am, I believe I am the second case of the day.

I'm *almost* allowing myself to believe surgery is going to happen! I won't really believe it until I'm in the OR but... almost!

1 hour ago, Little Green said:

Well I just took the half bottle dose of magnesium citrate for bowel prep for tomorrow... we'll see shortly whether or not I'm full of sh*t! :lol:

I had a massage and a float session today, both were very relaxing. I'm feeling pretty good, overall, not as anxious as I'd imagined. Plan to relax some more with a bath before bed, and hopefully I can sleep tonight! We'll be leaving for the hospital around 6:45am, I believe I am the second case of the day.

I'm *almost* allowing myself to believe surgery is going to happen! I won't really believe it until I'm in the OR but... almost!

Good luck tomorrow! Take the whole bottle it's small. Trust me when I tell you, leave no man behind. Seriously. Don't do it. Clean as a whistle!!! :D It's happenin'!!!! YEEEEEEEE-frickin'-haaaa!!!!

Well I just took the half bottle dose of magnesium citrate for bowel prep for tomorrow... we'll see shortly whether or not I'm full of sh*t! [emoji38]

Girlll!!!! You did it!! Soo happy for you. Just relax and know you will be more than fine after surgery.

And does everyone have to take the citrate the night before surgery? Getting a massage and float session was a great idea! I'll have to do that. Hopefully I remember to schedule one. I'm seeing another surgeon next week. [emoji106]

I'm here in the waiting room, waiting to go to pre-op! Last weigh in was 342, from 358, so 16 pounds lost on my liquid diet. I'll see you guys on the other side. 💖

@Little Green, tears were brought to my eyes for you. I’m so happy this day has come! Can’t wait to hear from you on the other side...blessings for you hon! ❤️😊

Congrats!!!! Can't wait for the deets!

Well, I made it! I'm still fairly loopy so I'm going to keep this short.

I had a good surgery with no complications, but struggled to wake up afterward so I had to remain on breathing support for another hour or two once I was in recovery. Originally (once in my room) I was using a PCA pump with Dilaudid which helped for my pain but put me to sleep almost immediately so the 2nd day we switched to liquid oxycodone so that I could stay awake a bit more to walk and move around.

I spent 2 nights in the hospital; I was afraid I'd have to spend a third because it took me a long time to get walking, but I improved pretty rapidly on the morning of the second post-op day so I went home yesterday around 5pm.

My pain in the belly region is pretty intense; there's one spot in particular that feels like it's ripping or tearing when I move a certain way. Overall it's better than before, though. I didn't have any gas pain until last night and thankfully it's all in the belly area, so I can just get rid of it the normal way LOL, no issues with gas pain in my chest or neck or shoulders like some have.

Water and Protein Shakes are staying down fine, I've had a few burps here and there but nothing has come back up or caused pain. We stayed ahead of nausea with the patch and IV zofran so I haven't felt like I needed to throw up at all. I have the dissolvable nausea pills at home now for when/if I need them.

Okay I think that's all the thinking and typing I can handle for now. Thank you all so much for your support. You mean the world to me!

Oh Little Green so glad to hear from you and that it is such a good report. Now you get some rest and heal, and whenever you feel like talking more you know where to find us😝🌈😝

Yay!!! Congrats girlie!!! Hope you heal quickly! Can't wait to hear your reports!

Post-op day 3 was pretty good. My surgery pain is lessening and has been somewhat replaced by gas pain although I can get pretty good temporary relief from that by passing gas. That's hard to do sitting down but easy (and fun!) while walking. Not sure when to expect a bowel movement; I had some Smooth Move tea today and will likely start Miralax tomorrow. (The liquid docusate they gave me in the hospital was so disgusting that I would rather an impacted colon than swallow it again.) New pain has come up in the form of stiffness and soreness in my back, neck, and butt, from limited mobility I'm sure. I walked less than 800 steps today and I'd like to hit 1000+ per day coming up here shortly as the pain continues to recede. I'm going to start stretching my pain meds farther apart; I think they do "help" but mostly in the sense that they put me to sleep; I'd like to be more awake and alert during the day.

I still have burps from time to time but no vomiting and very little nausea; the nausea I do have is coming from my vertigo, I think, which seems to be in a slight flare.

Today I had about 1.25 Premier Protein shakes, so didn't come near my 60g Protein goal, and probably 35-40oz of Water, well short of my 60oz goal. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get on a schedule for such things to see if I can accomplish more. It's not that I necessarily feel full and have to stop; I just don't have any interest in it and the naps/fatigue get in the way. Besides plain water I had a bit of the smooth move tea, two tiny sips of Decaf coffee, and maybe 2 oz of thinned-out Tomato Soup, which was delicious.

I keep dreaming about pureed foods, even though I'm not hungry physically or mentally. I think my first meal is going to be refried Beans with guacamole and some thin salsa. I also have some good plans for hummus, mmm hummus. oatmeal with banana and Peanut Butter. :780_sparkling_heart: And once I'm strong enough I plan to get the crockpots going with several different kinds of bean chilis that I can puree. For right now I'll just focus on walking & sipping!

I didn't sleep much last night; the recliner gives me a massive back- and headache after a couple hours. I showered this morning for the first time and tried napping in the bed on my side; it took a little while but I got comfortable and slept about 3.5 hours straight, definitely the longest stretch since surgery! So I'll try sleeping there tonight.

After drinking Miralax (in four ounces of Decaf coffee... heaven) this morning, I had a small, soft bowel movement this afternoon and my stomach is feeling quite upset and rumbly; I think I'm going to stick with the Smooth Move tea for now and only use the laxatives if I get to the 5 or 6 day range in between BMs. No need to force things along at this point.

Right now I'm trying the clear Premier Protein Water in tropical punch flavor; it's extremely sweet (artificially) and I'm not sure whether I like it or not. This is just a sample bottle but I was going to order more if I liked it. Not sure about that now, but we'll see.

Overall my pain is okay. I'm feeling more uncomfortable and stiff than I am actual pain today. I'm pretty happy with my new stomach so far and its acceptance of iced drinks, room temperature drinks, warm drinks, Protein Shakes, tea, etc. I might try some sugar free Jello and see how that does.