Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Little Green getting little(r)

@Little Green You've got my prayers hon. I hope this all works out very soon!!!

Thank you everyone.

I'm more confused today than yesterday. The sleep doctor's MA faxed the letter over this morning, yay!! But now there's a "huge case" on the 15th so it won't be on that day. They haven't worked out which day it will be. But the class is still scheduled for the 14th, so it will be the 19th at the earliest (surgeon has clinic Fridays). The scheduler is supposed to call me back today once they work it out.

She told me to stop the liquid diet, but then asked what surgery I'm having as if to say something else about the diet, but we never got back to that topic and I didn't realize until after we hung up that I wasn't sure if she really wanted me to stop the diet. If so, that means surgery would be more than two weeks from now. I'm going to ask when the scheduler calls, but man this situation could not get any less clear if it were a mud pie.

I'm going to compromise on the liquid diet and add smoothies & fruit back in addition to the shakes & bars. (I might knock back on the shakes, too, over 100g Protein per day has been making me anxious.) So that's the silver lining - delicious banana smoothies.

I have therapy in an hour and I hope to find some strategy for dealing with the head-to-toe electrical buzzing in my body. Maybe a Xanax. I try to remind myself that my worrying doesn't change the outcome. Unfortunately that never helps, lol. I'll keep y'all updated.

I'M STILL SO MAD I WAS TAKEN OFF THE SCHEDULE. IF ALL YOU NEEDED WAS A LETTER YOU COULD HAVE KEPT ME ON THE SCHEDULE AND JUST TAKEN ME OFF IF YOU HADN'T RECEIVED THE LETTER BEFORE SURGERY. THERE WAS NO NEED FOR ALL OF THIS. I AM SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT I FEEL HELPLESS AND IMPOTENT, A SHIP TOSSED ABOUT IN THE WAVES OF BUREAUCRACY. *PUTS ON GOTH MAKEUP AND LISTENS TO EMO MUSIC*

@Little Green I am sorry for what you are going through. Please continue to SHOUT on the board, you have every right to be extremely frustrated!!

Oh man, SHOUTING is a-okay with me! Shout away honey!!!! So so so sorry you're going through this!!!! But selfishly, now we'll almost be surgery twins. :D (trying for a lame-ass silver lining). Dang!!!!! Sending you karmic hugs from Houston!!! :57_cry:

Thank you Apple & Fluffy... hugs gratefully received, and I'm sending hugs back.

Therapy was helpful, just the process of getting it all out and crying, etc. I also listened to some good music on the drive over. But physically I think I've hit a limit. My under eye circles are a dark charcoal purple color and I'm flushed and itchy all over. So, I decided to skip class and take care of myself for the rest of the day. Since I was technically told to stop the liquid diet, I'm going to chance it and have a meal tonight (from Zoës Kitchen, rice and Beans with pita and hummus, mmmm) then get a massage and see a movie. I physically cannot handle this stress anymore, unless I add some fuel to my emotional reserves. Plus, lack of nutrients, lack of sleep, and stress all combined may cause me to get sick and postpone my surgery which would just start the cycle over.

Everything will be all right. My husband has been on the phone all day trying to get things worked out for returning to work, and he's making some good progress. I don't have the capacity to hear the updates right now lol, but he seems in good spirits, so I'm taking that as a good sign. We will get through this! I WILL have surgery, there's nothing to stop that from happening. It's just a question of when. And whenever it is, that will be okay.

Awww hon! Good methodology for coping there if you ask me!

Also, something to consider when I was talking with my surgeon about my sissys coming to take care of me. She looked at me like I'd grown a 3rd head and said very wryly...you know, there isn't gonna be much "taking care of" after this surgery don't you? We're gonna have you out of bed and walking in the first 2-3 hours after surgery and drop kickin your but outta the hospital the next day. From there, you're gonna be walking, drinking, and watching cartoons. You are NOT gonna need anyone to take care of you. And she laughed. I could tell she was trying not to look at me like I was a complete moron.

Maybe that will help ease your mind about hubs going back to work?

Here's what she looked like:

image.png.d04b766d0345b31d3fb52bc3b09b0d20.png

Idk about you but I'm milking this thing for all it's worth, @FluffyChix! :lol: My mom and my husband both. I'm not allowed to drive for 2 weeks post-op so they can chauffeur me around and wait on me. :D:D

I feel much better. My meal was delicious, the massage was great, and I saw The Greatest Showman which was really wonderful! Then I had some retail therapy at Target... whoops :blush: but it was fun!

Of course I never did get a call from the scheduler today. This office, I tell you... The reason I chose this hospital was because my husband was treated there after his accident and it was a stellar experience from start to finish. I guess there's a big difference in emergent injuries vs. elective surgery! Or maybe just a big difference between the actual medical professionals and the admins who run their offices :P *prays no one from my surgeon's office reads these posts* Sorry, just tired of the snafus. I'll give them until around 11am tomorrow to call me, and after that I plan to call and not hang up until I get my new date.

Bahahahaha! My mom is gone home now, so no luck there for me. My oldest sissy has been there for me all through my cancer surgeries and she called last night to say she wanted to be with me for WLS. So we're getting the band back together. :D And I will get 1-on-1 Cakky time for 2 days. Score! :)

I'm so sorry about all this upheaval. I wish there was something I could do to help! Sometimes you just have to take a "me" break to get a handle on things. I'm praying you will get everything worked out today honey!!! (BTW your date with you sounded awesome!!)

Surgery is now scheduled for the 28th. I'm....... it is what it is. I'm hoping I wake up on 3/1 and still have health insurance so I'm not on the hook for the bill from March 1 & 2. I'm free from the liquid diet for now and start again on Valentine's Day.

((hugs)) Awww damn hon!! Ok, so what about this? Can you call your surgeon's office and tell them, that you're available to be moved up if they have an unexpected cancellation? And then just suck it up and go on the liquid diet to be on standby? Ask them if that ever happens?? Maybe they would call you and say, you're on for next week?