Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone that started around 300 want to share your stats?

Just wondering if anyone wanted to share what they lost after surgery if they started out around 300. Interested to know what the norm might be for first week after surgery, first month, etc.

Thanks

I was 321.8 on 11/9 (HW)

302.6 on 11/20 (SW)

243.4 today (CW, 10.5 weeks after surgery, down 78.4# total so far)

I seem to be losing faster than average. I healed quickly and was only off work for a week.

My first week after surgery I lost about 9 pounds. I was down 30 pounds the first month after surgery.

I stick to my diet, log every single thing, aim for 90g Protein and <40g carbs every day right now.

How are things going for you?

Reading others responses I've done terrible then lol

Day of surgery 12/11- 321lbs

First month I lost about 21

Today, 2/1/18 I weight 292

So basically 28 pounds in 7 weeks :(

Edited by Toomanytacos
c

I’m a 37 year old female. My highest weight was 350, then I got down to 303 on my own before the 10 day pre op diet. I lost 16 pounds on the 10 day diet, so I was 287 on the day of my surgery. Now I’m seven months out from surgery and weigh 172, so I’m actually a few pounds below my goal weight of 175, and I’m now slowly starting to ease into a maintenance phase.

you all are so sweet to share! Thank you

I know none of us should compare because we will all end up with the same results eventually but its nice to know what to expect and when. I'm scared to death to eat too much and stretch my stomach and I'm hoping to be at a comfortable weight by this summer so I can enjoy it with my kids.

1 hour ago, beckyagain said:

I was 321.8 on 11/9 (HW)

302.6 on 11/20 (SW)

243.4 today (CW, 10.5 weeks after surgery, down 78.4# total so far)

I seem to be losing faster than average. I healed quickly and was only off work for a week.

My first week after surgery I lost about 9 pounds. I was down 30 pounds the first month after surgery.

I stick to my diet, log every single thing, aim for 90g Protein and <40g carbs every day right now.

How are things going for you?

Thanks for asking and sharing. I'm one week out today and I've lost 14 since surgery. I'm terrified that its going to just come to a stall and I'll lose motivation. I am so ready to do this! I'm off Clear Liquids and on full liquids now and I'm terrified to stretch my stomach out. I also had gallbladder removed at the same time so I was dealing with that as well but I'm back to work and ready to lose this weight! Sometimes the mental head game gets me but I'm so pumped looking at the scale it keeps me super motivated. I'm going to try to only look at it once a week now. How much were you eating when you started on puree foods? Is 1/4 cup or 3 ounces too much

I was 304 before the pre-op diet
At surgery I was 296 (down 8)
A month out I was 268 (down 28 from surgery)
As of last Tuesday, which is 7 weeks out I was 257 (39 since surgery, 47 since pre-op)

It has been a bit lumpy with a big loss initially, then level, then small losses and now its speeding up again. According to my program they would expect 15 - 30% of excess body weight to be lost as of my 6 week checkup. I was at 23% lost, so right in the middle of the pack. I had been eating a fair bit, 1,100 calories daily, but after talking to my nutritionist switched to only having a snack when I'm hungry VS forcing it, so now I don't snack (no hunger) and am averaging around 600 -700 calories a day and 80g of Protein. I get exercise 3 - 4 times a week and am generally active. I'm very happy with progress and am now at a weight I haven't seen in 10 years.

I was 304 before the pre-op diet
At surgery I was 296 (down 8)
A month out I was 268 (down 28 from surgery)
As of last Tuesday, which is 7 weeks out I was 257 (39 since surgery, 47 since pre-op)
It has been a bit lumpy with a big loss initially, then level, then small losses and now its speeding up again. According to my program they would expect 15 - 30% of excess body weight to be lost as of my 6 week checkup. I was at 23% lost, so right in the middle of the pack. I had been eating a fair bit, 1,100 calories daily, but after talking to my nutritionist switched to only having a snack when I'm hungry VS forcing it, so now I don't snack (no hunger) and am averaging around 600 -700 calories a day and 80g of Protein. I get exercise 3 - 4 times a week and am generally active. I'm very happy with progress and am now at a weight I haven't seen in 10 years.

291 pre surgery weight. 278 surgery day . 11-27-17 . today 2-01-18 current weight 228.00 total weight loss 63 lbs . No issues recovered fast. Back to work in one week. I have logged everything I touch, I have no problems with any fluids and currently on 900-1000 a day diet with 80 g Protein a day goal. Have not been sensitive to anything. Feel great following all Vitamins and very light exercise by walking due to knee issues. I am 50 years old

Don’t know if I can chime in but I was close to 300. I was 280 at surgery on 12/27 and went down to 245 and have been in a stall for the past 2 weeks which is frustrating! My doctor also says I should be losing more weight

1 hour ago, Gotalose said:

Thanks for asking and sharing. I'm one week out today and I've lost 14 since surgery. I'm terrified that its going to just come to a stall and I'll lose motivation. I am so ready to do this! I'm off Clear Liquids and on full liquids now and I'm terrified to stretch my stomach out. I also had gallbladder removed at the same time so I was dealing with that as well but I'm back to work and ready to lose this weight! Sometimes the mental head game gets me but I'm so pumped looking at the scale it keeps me super motivated. I'm going to try to only look at it once a week now. How much were you eating when you started on puree foods? Is 1/4 cup or 3 ounces too much

The pureed stage was kind of annoying! 1/4 cup-3 ounces is right about where I was, depending on the food. Some days I could do a little more, some less. I ate a LOT of packets of tuna fish!! Not exactly pureed, but I chewed it forever. I had lots of Greek yogurt (most of the time I couldn't finish the 5 oz. container).

Weight on Day of Surgery: 320 lbs
Current Weight: 302 lbs
Goal Weight: 175 lbs
Weight Lost: 18 lbs in 2 weeks
Surgery Date: 01/18/2018

6 hours ago, Lauren1234 said:

I’m a 37 year old female. My highest weight was 350, then I got down to 303 on my own before the 10 day pre op diet. I lost 16 pounds on the 10 day diet, so I was 287 on the day of my surgery. Now I’m seven months out from surgery and weigh 172, so I’m actually a few pounds below my goal weight of 175, and I’m now slowly starting to ease into a maintenance phase.

Oh my gosh! That's amazing! I don't think that's in the cards for me but maybe...hopefully!

I started out at 355 with the program (end of July), was 320 on my surgery date (mid December), 312 at my 2 week post op, 306 at my 1 month post op and I'm 304 today (about 6 weeks out). I'm 50 lbs lost (total), which is great, but I'm really struggling now.

I'm on soft foods so I can eat tender meats, which is great (finally!) but I'm making bad choices (no bread or rice but a few pretzels here and there, as well as potatoes very occasionally and fruit greek yogurt with sugar sometimes). My calories are under 1000 per day but I'm struggling to drink enough and get in enough Protein.

I'm one of the unfortunate that never lost my sense of hunger - pangs, growling, the works. The PA said to eat smaller meals more frequently but it's not helping unless I'm eating. I don't drink before eating nor after for 30 mins but as soon as I start drinking Water, the pangs come back. Also, I can eat more than I feel I should be able to at this point - like 6-8 oz at a time.

I hate feeling the hunger - I never felt this when I was pre-op and I was losing much faster than this while consuming around 1500-1700 calories/day. It's nearly constant and the gnawing is hard to ignore. It just makes me think about food too much! At work, I bring a portioned Breakfast and lunch (meat and/or eggs) but after I've eaten what I've brought to work, 2 hrs or so before I leave, I get famished. A few times I've had 2-3 larger pretzels (costco tub they keep at work) because I know they'll sit there for a bit and I can focus on work. And yes, I know it's just straight worthless carbs. I don't even like salty Snacks but it really helps stop the gnawing. For a bit, at least.

I wish I had the loss of appetite like many have so I could just focus on scheduling my meals, eating for fuel, etc. But that's not how my body is handling this surgery. At least I haven't had any nausea and haven't thrown up, so that's a good thing.