Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 5th 2018 is my date!

I start today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

How was your first day of pre op dieting,???

March 5thers, how are you doing? This sucks a little, right? Lol

I am post op day three. It's so surreal. I put up my vlog on YouTube from surgery day and the day after (yesterday). I'll be filming again today if I can get up and shower. I wasn't expecting this much pain. Seems like everyone smoothed over that.

This sucks a whole bunch. But this is only post-op day 2 for me, so I expect it'll get better. I'm sleeping a lot, I can walk the dog without problems (as long as I'm creative about getting the leash on her), and I think a lot of my gas came out this morning, though I'm beginning to get the left shoulder soreness. The doc warned that the largest incision would hurt the most because of the deep-muscle stitch he had to do, and he is correct; I'm doing some interesting maneuvers to get in and out of bed without clenching abdominal muscles on that side. I'm surprised at how generally nauseous I am.

I'm on Tylenol, no other meds, just Vitamins. I may call the doc's office today about getting something for the nausea.

Ugh, I know. It's a nightmare to get up without using your stomach muscles. I have been using an ice pack on that incision. It's definitely the worst one. I'm finally able to shower today so I'm trying to work up the energy to do that.

This sucks a whole bunch. But this is only post-op day 2 for me, so I expect it'll get better. I'm sleeping a lot, I can walk the dog without problems (as long as I'm creative about getting the leash on her), and I think a lot of my gas came out this morning, though I'm beginning to get the left shoulder soreness. The doc warned that the largest incision would hurt the most because of the deep-muscle stitch he had to do, and he is correct; I'm doing some interesting maneuvers to get in and out of bed without clenching abdominal muscles on that side. I'm surprised at how generally nauseous I am.
I'm on Tylenol, no other meds, just Vitamins. I may call the doc's office today about getting something for the nausea.

I have the shoulder pain too. Although I've only had two bouts of nausea so far.

Good morning everyone I am almost a week out of surgery March 1st. It’s been quite a journey and I understand everyone’s pain. Right out of surgery I got the whole left back side gas pain and my biggest is the big cut on the left. I was in the hospital a day in a half because I was throwing up on the first day. On the second day we figured out how to control all of my pains. So for my back they put a heating pad on it which really helps and my stomach I keep ice on it. As far as the gas walking around my house helps and plenty of fluids help too. Finally on full liquids and can’t wait for purée. My struggle right now is that I can’t tell if I am full or not yet so I just follow the rules on how much liquids I can have. I still get the gas pain even with gas strips but not as bad. Honestly everyday it gets better slowly but surely. I am however amazed at how much I have already lost.
HW: 311
SW: 281
CW: 269
Keep up the good work everyone and remember to walk even if it’s just around the house. I mix my Water with mango green tea crystal light.

@frust8 I've been doing really well!

Today is day 7 post-op, and only today did my incision stop hurting with every little movement, now it only hurts with very specific movements. I was able to spring clean my make up collection, and get back to my skincare routine.

I lost 14 pounds so far, and I am feeling great! I remember 14 pounds taking me two months of strict calorie counting, using the scale, and meal prep... I am definitely getting into the hype of WLS right now lol! I am regaining my energy a little bit at a time. But the hunger has been real. It could be my stomach acid but each morning I wake up with this gnawing hunger. liquids, tea, broth, and yogurt help me keep it down by a lot. I am on the full liquids phase (can't have even blended soup! Just strained broth) till Sunday. My NUT is so strict but I think that's for the better. All the patients end up not vomiting even once. I simply can't wait to have my thai butternut squash Soup, and sweet potato curry soup, mmmmm!

On 3/7/2018 at 9:40 AM, frust8 said:

Both if those sound so so good. I make a glorious cheesy potato Soup myself. It's weird I'm still pre surg but i have less appetite than you! My gastritis and Hector, the baby ulcer, did a number on me.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I love that you named your ulcer.