Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so jelly of the people here excited and motivated by the rapid weight loss. You guys are loving all things new with WLS. You are doing amazing things and feeling incredible. It's a fantastic high that I really miss.

The thrill is soooooo gone. Life is normal. No more new NSV's No more comments on weight loss.

I'm bit of an adrenaline junkie. I need to find some new adventures to tackle.

I am so jelly of the people here excited and motivated by the rapid weight loss. You guys are loving all things new with WLS. You are doing amazing things and feeling incredible. It's a fantastic high that I really miss.
The thrill is soooooo gone. Life is normal. No more new NSV's No more comments on weight loss.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2159915/Walk-lifetime-Why-epic-Camino-trail-Spain-route-true-happiness.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

3 minutes ago, sunshinetinks said:

Beautiful...I can dream right?

Like to one day do the Camino Trail. I have terrible back issues, where my legs go numb. I am hoping to lose enough weight to turn this around. And looking at your profile picture ,I would just once live to run a marathon one day
Whatever you do, I wish you much success on your journey. The Camino Trail is just a suggestion...and by the way the rest of us are jealous that you reached your goal!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

You've maintained your weight loss for quite sometime! That's something to celebrate!

6 minutes ago, Mattymatt said:

You've maintained your weight loss for quite sometime! That's something to celebrate!

More than happy to be maintaining. I don't take it for grangranted

Just realizing my addictive personality that got me to my high weight..lol Is looking for a new addiction.

I don't know what to call it but I had some of that same issue. When I lost weight the first time, I kind of felt bereft when the compliments went away because I was at goal weight. I sort of asked myself what the next big thing was and I picked something from my childhood that I always wanted to do but couldn't - backpacking. And by golly, I did it. Then the second time I lost weight, I realized that I could do distance bicycling and would ride 50-60 miles per week. I don't know what I am going to do this time around. My physical and emotional health is a lot worse now than it was on my last rodeo. I believe this will truly be a grind. I am just barely healthy enough to undergo surgery. At least I haven't had a heart attack or stroke.

25 minutes ago, Mattymatt said:

I don't know what to call it but I had some of that same issue. When I lost weight the first time, I kind of felt bereft when the compliments went away because I was at goal weight. I sort of asked myself what the next big thing was and I picked something from my childhood that I always wanted to do but couldn't - backpacking. And by golly, I did it. Then the second time I lost weight, I realized that I could do distance bicycling and would ride 50-60 miles per week. I don't know what I am going to do this time around. My physical and emotional health is a lot worse now than it was on my last rodeo. I believe this will truly be a grind. I am just barely healthy enough to undergo surgery. At least I haven't had a heart attack or stroke.

I wish you the best this rodeo. Wow that's so much to have on your plate.

hey Jenn....in case you're missing those comments on weight loss...

You look f**king amazing.

Look at you, girl. You're a fit athletic powerhouse. And you're gorgeous.

And you earned it. Great work!

1 hour ago, jenn1 said:

Might I suggest some boudoir photography? :D

2 hours ago, jenn1 said:

Well, I just hope that I reach my goal weight, like you did....:)

I'm keeping lists of stuff I want to do, from the mundane like being able to go up the ladder into the attic to the more ambitious like a difficult 8-mile hike my friend has scheduled for September. I'm hoping checking off stuff like that will help satisfy the goal-achieving craving.

I'm also going to only weigh myself once a month to try and control the dopamine rush during my weight loss phase. Hoping I have the willpower to resist, lol...

Congrats girlfriend!!!! You look amazing and am so inspired by the reports of how good you feel. You truly are inspiring me to get off my booty and to shake it! :D

You know, the difference between successful people and those who fail? Consistency. The end. And you my friend are VERY consistent. You're a winner. You are a success. Bravo!

Consistency "may" sound boring to some, but it's like a marathon, too. It can be grueling. It requires endurance, tenacity, focus. So start checking off each day you are consistent. Rack up a "mile count" on those days. I bet you can go back and count retroactively and it will be something like eleventy billion days being consistent. LOL. How's that for motivation and "juice"? :D

But, I do really understand where you're coming from. Now it's a daily grind with little tangible "success metric". Maybe you can start tallying the "number of days in X or Y", not just consistency days, but like "#days I remained within my weight window" or "#days/wks of working out" etc that gives you a new carrot? ((hugs))

Attagirl! (in case you needed one)

I think this is why I see a lot of formerly heavy people try out for figure competitions. It's kind of like the ultimate victory over your old body/habits!

It's a good point though, currently I get at least one compliment every time I go to the gym. One day that's going to stop. And I'll wonder--do I look fat again? Haha.

I love the idea of making lists, @Little Green!