Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks post op and sick of soup

I am 6 weeks post op and trying solid foods but I can't hold anything down. Two teaspoons in and I'm nauseated. Any suggestions on what to try? I'm sick of Soup, applesauce and Protein shakes!

I'm not sure exactly what you can have just yet.... but these are some things i had at that stage. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, soft scrambled eggs, ricotta cheese, soft flaky fish, refried Beans, chicken salad.

You should also be able to have mashed potatoes, cream of wheat. Good luck.

How about a small microwaved/baked sweet potato? My grocery has small ones, I nuke 1, when it's nice and soft I split it open and eat it out of the skin. Used to butter and brown sugar it but it's tasty just plain. How about baked. winter squash? You could dig it out its shell, keep it to eat a little at a time.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank You. Im going to try these could you only eat a couple of teaspoons at this stage?

Well I am pre surg at this point, hey still listen, I have gastritis confirmed by my gastroenterologist, I am naturally on a post surgery bent, I can't eat any more at a time than you. 2 or 3 small bites, the most I seem to get down is 1/4 to 1/2 cup cottage cheese. My Bariatric Coordinator Amber who I am in touch with often teased me " you're with the program a little. ahead of time", many people are on liquids pre surg I seem to be on pureed. Irritates my son, I fix him things then I barely eat what I fixed. Told him after my RnY in March I'll be this way or worse so get used to it. He is supportive of the surgery but he does worry about me.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 6 weeks post op and trying solid foods but I can't hold anything down. Two teaspoons in and I'm nauseated. Any suggestions on what to try? I'm sick of Soup, applesauce and Protein shakes!

Canned chicken did it for me—- looks like shredded tuna! Add a little mayo

HW 242

SW 236- December 20, 2017

CW 199

GW 160

Or how about a scrambled egg?

HW 242

SW 236- December 20, 2017

CW 199

GW 160

I do love scrambled eggs and tolerate them well. I am actually doing much better. It's just a matter of figuring out what my new stomach likes and doesn't like. I ate 2 chicken wonton tacos at Apple Bees a week after this post (over a period of about 2 hours) and felt good all day. Eating very slowly also helped.

I just started my third week and to my surprise the doctor said that I could have fish. So I tried grill tilapia it has loads of Protein and very low in fat which he said it didn't matter. I am also tired of Soup and even though I love eggs I now get nauseous after the second bite and feel full. It is now a struggle to find enough protein without drinking the shakes which are not that bad to me I drink the premier and I've lost 30 pounds in two weeks. The doctor said that I need to add more protein so if you have any suggestions on other high-protein low-carb it'll be great.

It has been 60 mo since my bypass and I still feel nauseated quite often. bread, red meat etc. Can't even think about such food. Mashed potatoes and canned tuna was my lunch and dinner for quite some time. And the portions were tiny. At 6 weeks I most certainly wasn't even trying to eat actual solid food.