Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humor

Raffi

This stuff is serious. The changes we're making are serious. I've read about so many people loosing it because they can't handle the seriousness of it all. So many of the threads in here are replete with seriousness...

Where's the humor?

The therapeutic, easing, making-this-heavy-****-easier-to-handle, humor? Where's it at?! Certainly not a central theme in these threads, as far as I've seen in my short time perusing them.

I'd appreciate more. Maybe not everyone would. I would.

Going through a bout of head hunger? Try cocaine! (Hahhhahha)

Seriously thinking about eating cheeseburger two days post surgery? Oh, my god, the opportunities!

And when I say "humor," in my universe, that means busting chops. But this place feels overly sensitive to that genre.

F%#$ it. My name is Raffi, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who try to destroy the humor in that which is sacrosanct, especially regarding this serious, serious thing we've all done, which demands that we be able to laugh at it. Amen.

Be forewarned...Revolution is my name. if you don't get it, go ask someone. I am coming to make you giggle and squirm.

Who's with me?

Edited by Raffi

Yeah lol eat that baked wing one day post op....

Okay, maybe my humor is a little too dark...

But that's just how I am.

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-140
GW-130
Size- 4 or 6, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 38D

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

Raffi you are an Evil little Elk but gotta love you a little. You scared the bejabbers out of someone on.another thread with your cheeseburger joke, he took you for serious. It has nothing to do with Bariatrics but here's one for your collection.
Question; when should someone use contraception?
Answer: on every conceivable occasion.
Stay easy and breezy my little buddy!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Without any prompting from me, my employees started an office/shop wide weight loss challenge one week before my surgery. It has a monetary buy in, winner takes all. They don’t know about my surgery. I told them when I win I am using my winnings to take everyone out to a full fat, full carb lunch, with beer. I feel evil. [emoji48] #sorrynotsorry

Haha, yup! But most likely I will spend it all on them. Not sure what I will eat yet. We have 2.5 months until it ends.

i am happy that i found this board and appreciate the kind words and support i have received. i detest the judmental posts. we are all human here, no one is perfect. i am the 2 day cheeseburger poster...NO i did not eat it and was not SERIOUSLY considering it as posted above, but I was frustrated and asking if anyone else had experienced a LARGE surgery weight gain. Instead of reaching for a burger, I turned to this board for support. I dont think sharing our frustrations, temptations and slip ups are grounds for judgement. just my 2 cents worth but im braced to be judged for it.

Love the idea of entering a contest. I thought of going to weight watchers where I failed miserably and joining for fun... would like to see the look on the snarky skinny old lady who did weigh ins and always had a comment....

If you pull down the forum menu and cut across from weight loss surgery forums...you'll find a board called "The Lounge"...which might be a good home for the Raffi Show.

I think you could safely throw the kinda party you're thinking of over there without upsetting anyone.

Carry on:)

9 hours ago, kakatlady612 said:

My mother and I tried joining WW in the distant past. When she failed her goal for 1 week and they forced her to wear a pig nose thru that weeks meeting she never went back.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

That's terrible! The lady we had doing weigh ins wasn't a former member or anything, she was rail thin her whole life and super snarky to everyone if they didn't lose more than a couple of lbs. Eventually they seemed to be getting rid of her after the meeting leader heard one of her comments, but by that time I was already done... Plus I was eating perfectly on plan and GAINING weight!

Honestly, I feel humor is hard to represent here after reading some of these posts. However my take was not "Where is the humor?", I realized some people are searching for meaningful guidance or substance in this forum. Since most of us are willing to violate every privacy restriction to post our experience in this forum, I find that a maturity is warranted and leaves little room for the humor you seek.

Edited by Sammy 10-30

2 hours ago, Sammy 10-30 said:

Honestly, I feel humor is hard to represent here after reading some of these posts. However my take was not "Where is the humor?", I realized some people are searching for meaningful guidance or substance in this forum. Since most of us are willing to violate every privacy restriction to post our experience in this forum, I find that a maturity is warranted and leaves little room for the humor you seek.

AGREED