Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2018 Sleevers HERE

Sleeved on Jan 30th and have lost 20lb in 2 weeks today. I am 5ft 8, starting weight was 265 and now 245lbs. I am feeling less exhausted and sick than I was. I think it's important to remember that while we may just have 4 or 5 small incisions, it is major surgery. And we need time to recover from that!

I am still in the liquid diet phase, but moving to puree at the end of the week. My surgeons office provides all the puree meals because the dietician balances them especially for bariatric patients, but I am not convinced that beef stroganoff that has been pureed is going to be terribly appetising!

How did everyone else cope with puree?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I had my gastric sleeve surgery on Friday, January 19, 2018 and would love to connect with fellow January sleevers! Would love to hear your progress and share some of my stories, struggles, and successes!
So far, I've lost 12.6 lbs although that seems to have stopped after the first week of surgery. It's discouraging but I keep reminding myself that this is a process, a journey. I didn't gain the weight overnight so I can't realistically expect to lose it all overnight either. And hey, 12.6 lbs is the most I've ever lost in just a week so I really am not complaining. But I, like many others I suspect, have struggled with my weight so long that I'm just ready for it to be GONE. Rather than focus on what I'm not losing, I am trying to focus on what I have lost, and what I will continue to lose. My weight loss goal is 120 lbs, of which surgery will likely help me lose 60 to 80 lbs. The other 60 to 40 will be up to me - through diet and exercise and a lot of self love and determination. Will I like it? probably not. But will it be worth it? I truly believe it will be, not only because of how much better i'll feel about myself, but because I DESERVE to look and feel my very best. I OWE it to myself. And as much as there will be times when I want to sink into old, bad habits of finding comfort in food, I will remind myself of the gift I have given myself by taking this first step with surgery.
so yeah, I'd love to hear where you are with your journey so far. What are some of your wins? What are you doing to reward yourself?
So excited to meet you all!

I had my surgery on Feb. 5 , so I’m one week post op , and three weeks since I started pre-op liquid diet . Starting weight 319.4 today’s weigh in 293.8 . 25.6 lbs . Still on full liquids with cream of wheat and grits . Only pain is if I take to big a sip and swallow to much at one time Good luck everyone in becoming half the person you were .

Hello...I had my gastric sleeve on 1/19 also...I'm afraid to get on the scale but I feel like I'm at a stall. I find the joy in seeing my weight loss in my clothes now so that keeps me encouraged...I struggle with old cravings, I'm able to comfortably eat fat free refried Beans, mashed potatoes, egg salad, finely chopped ground beef mixed in small amount of cheese sauce/salsa. But I can't consume much, a few teaspoons at a time then quit . I'm not getting all my Protein in but my liquid intake has increased praise God and the hunger pains are decreasing. I think my weakness is wanting to still eat my normal foods before time but at a smaller portion but I know in due time it's coming. I'm going to start exercising in the morning on the treadmill so hopefully that will help me also. Im not experiencing any pain, problems praise God but it seems like my stomach looks inflated one minute goes down the next lol....Well I pray everyone's journey be a beautiful success. Let's continue keeping each other encouraged and posted

I will be having my surgery sometime in mid May. I am really enjoying everyone's post in talking about their experiences. It is helping me to have an idea of what to expect. I had my first approval appointment with my PCP. I was very nervous about it. Thought I was going to really have a sermon with him on the reasons I felt having this surgery is so absolutely mandatory to me! To my amazement, he was in agreement with me having the surgery!! I just have to have a cardiac stress test first because of all the medications I am on. No problem with that. I am super excited and nervous about this journey I am embarking on. I am starting to buy some of the things needed. I am moving forward with hope of being able to do things that I can't do now. It's like my total outlook on life has completely changed and I am slowly moving to that light at the end of the tunnel!! Everyone keep moving forward and don't give up!!!

I am a Cook in a restaurant. If anyone is in the food service biz, how long did you take off from work? I am planning to just take 2 weeks. The goal is to keep moving at all times. I can definitely do that at work.

Hi I’m new here.....Surgery was on 1/23/18. I’m down 19lbs so far. Only lost 1lbs last week when I went from Clear Liquids to purée. I have decided to stop weighing myself everyday because I don’t want to let that little small thing be the dictator on my journey. None of us put the weight on overnight and it won’t come off overnight. It’s good to have come comparisons to others with similar stats such as starting weight and height but always remember this is YOUR journey. Don’t let anything or anyone get in your path!

1 hour ago, Cat B said:

I am a Cook in a restaurant. If anyone is in the food service biz, how long did you take off from work? I am planning to just take 2 weeks. The goal is to keep moving at all times. I can definitely do that at work.

I think the normal for majority was 2 weeks.

On 2/12/2018 at 7:17 PM, Gotalose said:

I also lost most of my weight so far during the first week (close to 13 lbs). I've only lost another 5 lbs in the other week and half. Not complaining but I'm going to start only getting on the scale once a week.

What is everyone eating? I want something warm, not cold. I went to the store today and bought about 15 different Soups.

i have eaten everything from day 2 ...all Protein chicken ..steak...hamburger ...eggs ...baractric pudding ....never a problem

i have eaten everything from day 2 ...all Protein chicken ..steak...hamburger ...eggs ...baractric pudding ....never a problem

Wow... From Day 2? I just got home from my 2 week postop visit. Saw my surgeon and my dietician. Both emphasised that my 2 week liquid diet that I have just finished was imperative to allow the stomach to rest and the staple line to start healing, without it trying to break down soft or solid foods.

Now I am starting purees for the next 2 weeks. I definitely don't want a leak and have to go back in for surgery and ICU for peritonitis, so I am being very obedient with their instructions!

Did your surgeon ok foods like steak from Day 2? Wow.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

no but was started on purees and whatever i ate had no problem from the chicken beef eggs....i have had zero pain never felt surgery at all ...only know because can only eat 4 oz meals

On 1/29/2018 at 6:17 PM, PrincessDy said:

I had my gastric sleeve surgery on Friday, January 19, 2018 and would love to connect with fellow January sleevers! Would love to hear your progress and share some of my stories, struggles, and successes!

So far, I've lost 12.6 lbs although that seems to have stopped after the first week of surgery. It's discouraging but I keep reminding myself that this is a process, a journey. I didn't gain the weight overnight so I can't realistically expect to lose it all overnight either. And hey, 12.6 lbs is the most I've ever lost in just a week so I really am not complaining. But I, like many others I suspect, have struggled with my weight so long that I'm just ready for it to be GONE. Rather than focus on what I'm not losing, I am trying to focus on what I have lost, and what I will continue to lose. My weight loss goal is 120 lbs, of which surgery will likely help me lose 60 to 80 lbs. The other 60 to 40 will be up to me - through diet and exercise and a lot of self love and determination. Will I like it? probably not. But will it be worth it? I truly believe it will be, not only because of how much better i'll feel about myself, but because I DESERVE to look and feel my very best. I OWE it to myself. And as much as there will be times when I want to sink into old, bad habits of finding comfort in food, I will remind myself of the gift I have given myself by taking this first step with surgery.

so yeah, I'd love to hear where you are with your journey so far. What are some of your wins? What are you doing to reward yourself?

So excited to meet you all!

January 18th right here! One month today! WOOHOO!

I progressed to "soft" foods today (surgery Jan 24th) and man oh man am I excited to eat (some of) the same food as the rest of my family at dinner instead of paste/purees!

1 minute ago, wendybird said:

I progressed to "soft" foods today (surgery Jan 24th) and man oh man am I excited to eat (some of) the same food as the rest of my family at dinner instead of paste/purees!

Lucky! I had surgery January 18th & I got so tired of puréed I started eating soft food last week but my dietitian said,”DON’T DEVIATE FROM THE PLAN”! Which translates to puréed until February 24th. I can’t wait to eat healthy little plates of delicious foods!

It's bananas how different everyone's programs are. Mine was: 2 week liquid before, 2 week liquid after, one week puree, two weeks soft, then after 6 weeks it's just "healthy diet." What I'm most looking forward to at 6 weeks is swallowing pills! Crushing meds is no fun.

2 minutes ago, wendybird said:

It's bananas how different everyone's programs are. Mine was: 2 week liquid before, 2 week liquid after, one week puree, two weeks soft, then after 6 weeks it's just "healthy diet." What I'm most looking forward to at 6 weeks is swallowing pills! Crushing meds is no fun.

I agree except I haven’t taken my meds since surgery & I was on them for over 20 years!

Edited by Seahawks Fan