Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2018 Sleevers HERE

Hi all sleeved on 1/30, so am day 9. Still on liquids, but have zero appetite. Struggling to get the shakes down, and feeling nauseous at the smell of broth or anything really. Lost 14 pounds the first week, haven't weighed myself since. Feeling quite weak and washed out. Starting weight 265, last weigh in was 251. Goal weight is 160. I am 5ft 8.

Sent from my SM-G955F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone! Sleeved on 1/25, highest weight was 232, surgery weight 222 and current weight 206.4, down 25.6 all together, about 16 since surgery. I’m still on phase two, I drink about 1 3/4 Premeir Protein Shakes a day but the taste is killing me. I’ll have sugar free pudding, broth, cream of chicken Soup, sugar free ice pops, but that’s it. I’m a picky eater, I don’t like yogurt or cheese so I’m finding I’m very limited. I’m ready for the puréed stage.

Hi! I was sleeved 01/23/2018. I went for a follow up 6 days after and lost 13lbs. The scale has not budged since. I started eating pureed meat but try to drink at least 2 Protein Drinks a day. I end up staying on mostly full liquids it seems. Each time I introduce something new I feel a little nauseous but it goes away. I take my Vitamins and Biotin daily. I went back to work after the 8th day of surgery. My only problem I am really having is I'm so tired by the end of the day.

I've been on a stall right after the first week of surgery but people are noticing my weight loss. As much as I would love to see the scale go down everyday I need to remind myself the inches are falling off. l decided I am taking a picture once a week so I can SEE the results in pictures since my scale will not cooperate! haha!

Edited by nolegirl374

11 hours ago, danybx said:

Hey y'all, had surgery on 1/17 .. hw 256 , sw 243, cw 233.... haven't lost any pounds this week.. 3rd week

Same here. sleeved on 1/19 and lost 13 lbs the first week then nothing for the second week and half of the third week. scale finally started to move 2 days ago and today marks 3 weeks since surgery. SW 239.6 CW 225.4. It's slow but the inches are coming off. Start training with a pro trainer next week. Hoping that will give me the boost I need to move the darned needle on the scale.

Stomach still pretty sensitive to food. Lots of acid reflux, something I never had 'til surgery. Eating solids but prefer the liquid diet as the solids really set my tummy off. Still avoiding carbs from starches and trying to stick with Proteins and nutrient dense veggies. Can't believe it's already 3 weeks.

HI everybody,

SW 297 Pre-surgery 283 CW 266

I was sleeved on 1/17/18. I'm down 17 since surgery, but have been stalled for the last 4 days. I'm still on full liquids (for a month) not having any problems and feeling good but looking forward to moving to the food stage next week.

I'm not sure if I caught a virus or if this is part of the healing. I tried to eat soft food but feel nauseous after eating the tiniest bit of anything. I think I need to go back to just shakes and liquids. I'm miserable and out of energy. I really hope it was just the stomach bug of some sort. I'm staying hydrated but its a bad feeling anytime I put anything thats not liquid in my stomach. Almost like its stuck in my throat and I need to get sick. Anyone else feel this way?

315 hw 1/3

299 sw 1/25

280 cw 2/9

I'm not sure if I caught a virus or if this is part of the healing. I tried to eat soft food but feel nauseous after eating the tiniest bit of anything. I think I need to go back to just shakes and liquids. I'm miserable and out of energy. I really hope it was just the stomach bug of some sort. I'm staying hydrated but its a bad feeling anytime I put anything thats not liquid in my stomach. Almost like its stuck in my throat and I need to get sick. Anyone else feel this way?
315 hw 1/3
299 sw 1/25
280 cw 2/9

I did for the first couple weeks. They sent me home with meds to help with it. It is gone now but it was scary at first.

My Dr did send me home with Zofran. Did it help. I wonder if I should try taking it

Sleeved on 1/30. I actually just posted a topic that I’ve not lost anything in 4 days. It’s very discouraging. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience. It really does make it easier. Hope to keep in touch with you January sleevers. Look forward to sharing our ups and downs and encouraging each other. 😊

Just checking in...had sleeve on 1/19..doing great PRAISE THE LORD...I find myself craving alot of foods i used to eat. I'm able to consume more liquids than before and I'm trying to do better at my Protein intake. Im eating small portions of tuna, a soft scrambled or boiled egg, a few teaspoons of fat free refried Beans with low calorie cheese and low fat sour cream, a few teaspoons of mashed potatoes..Seems like I'm at a stall....starting weight 237 current 215. But i know in faith, the numbers will drop again it can be discouraging but I have to remind myself stop getting on the scale everyday....lol..I have my 1 month followup next week and I'm so ready to start eating skinless grilled chicken and steamed vegetables.... meanwhile let's continue posting updates encouraging one another...because it is a journey....and these post truly help...May the Lord continues to bless us all!

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on 1/17. I lost the most weight the first week after surgery, and the weight loss has seemed to stall. I weighed 231 prior to the liquid diet. I went into surgery at 220, and was 208 1 week post op. I’m down to 206, but have been at this weight for a little over a week. I haven’t really started exercising, so I’m hoping that will help with continued weight loss. It’s been very hard for me, as I’m such a picky eater. I guess I only like stuff that lacks Protein. Ha! We’ve got a long road ahead of us.

3 hours ago, angelina718 said:

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on 1/17. I lost the most weight the first week after surgery, and the weight loss has seemed to stall. I weighed 231 prior to the liquid diet. I went into surgery at 220, and was 208 1 week post op. I’m down to 206, but have been at this weight for a little over a week. I haven’t really started exercising, so I’m hoping that will help with continued weight loss. It’s been very hard for me, as I’m such a picky eater. I guess I only like stuff that lacks Protein. Ha! We’ve got a long road ahead of us.

I also lost most of my weight so far during the first week (close to 13 lbs). I've only lost another 5 lbs in the other week and half. Not complaining but I'm going to start only getting on the scale once a week.

What is everyone eating? I want something warm, not cold. I went to the store today and bought about 15 different Soups.