Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You've done 6 weeks of liquids only?? And I'm over here complaining after just 3 days.

HW 241
SW 238
GW 130
Getting sleeved 3/1

My program usually does 4 week to 12 week full liquid diet before surgery, it depends on your BMI.
I can have 2 cups of veggies (non starchy veg) a day so that's something. There are days when I just want some meat, but if I ca't do this how can handle what happens after...

I'm in Canada, so the rules are different.
When I first started looking online all I saw was US info and I was SALTY about the length of the liquid diet but I'm used to it now.

So what province are you in? We have Mrs Gamgee in Red Deer Alberta and Lesliesbari living somewhere in the mountains of British Columbia, her surgery must be in Vancouver or Victoria because she talked about how long a flight it was to get there. I've been to Niagara Falls, Leamington,Kingsville, Point Pelee & Pelee Island, Ontario and BC for the Centennial of Confederation. So I know a skosh about some Canadian locations. At any rate Good Luck or if you're in P.Q. Bonne Chance on your future surgery. I'm in Central Ohio, 14 miles from our state's Geographical Center. Hope to hear more of your WLS journey.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Not too far from Red Deer, I'm in Calgary, land of The Stampede (ya-hoo never yee-haw), Chinooks and the 1988 Winter Olympics.

Hi lovefromAZ, I'm your friendly neighborhood bariatric person. I am 72, when my arthritis isn't flaring a friendly pleasant person. I am a future RnYer, hoping for early-mid March at Mount Carmel in Columbus Ohio. If you're a future sleeved thats fine, I liken it to the difference between rifles and shotguns, they both shoot nicely and they do get the job done. I'm friends with most everybody. In my years of life I've encountered. A lot of things so can talk on any subject, sometimes i don't even need a subject. Ask anything, If I dont have an answer someone on Bariatric Pal will. Welcome again, hope you'll enjoy being here and good,luck for the future.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for responding to me. I have had a busy weekend. I just took my Christmas tree down. Today my husband was home and we went to get some recliners so he can be able to keep me company the first week after surgery. All my kids actually woke up this morning with NOTHING TO DO. So we got to work and cleaned up my whole right side of my house. Tomorrow is going to be the left side of the house.

But let me tell you my knee cap is so swollen now. My knee and just the month of February are trying to sabotage my good mood. :)

I have been reading so many of the posts and I am impressed how no question is left unanswered regardless of the topic. I really do appreciate your offer to answer questions. I am so tired I just can’t think of one.

So 70+ years young and still fighting.... I have told so many people that my health would not allow me to see a day over 47, but now the surgery has given me hope these past few months, BUT YOU ARE MY ULTIMATE FINAL PROOF THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

THANK YOU so much again for responding, this means so much to me.

Hi everyone, my surgery date is scheduled for March 5th.I am new to this site.I have to lose 6-10 lbs prior to surgery(sleeve).I have only lost 3lbs so far.I am thinking about starting on a liquid diet NOW.I have cut down drastically on carbs and watching my fat intake.I am walking at least 30 minutes a day.Any advice?Congrats to all!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sounds like a good plan. What does your surgeon require pre-op? Seems like the balance of people who post on this board are very low carb, with shakes exclusively or shakes and lean Protein & veges. Good luck!! 2 weeks!!

Ah, same here! I actually like Protein Shakes in the morning, so I think I'll continue that trend. I may not say that after weeks of shakes post surgery - ha! A lot of people are required to have shakes only pre-surgery, which sounds pretty tough to me. But I bet you'll lose more weight that way.

March 14th here!
BMI 62.5 :(
3 week semi liquid diet (changed from 2 weeks). I can have one meal of lean Protein and veggies.

I’m excited to lose some additional pounds pre-op. I’m taking everything I can get. :)

i’m super irritated with my surgeon’s office. My surgery was scheduled for 3/12. They suddenly realized my secondary Ins BCbSIL requires my surgery to be at a “blue star” hospital. Sooooo my new date is 3/16. I realize it’s just a few days but I really do not want to have surgery at this hospital. My husband was treated there in the ER and they completely missed his gall stones. Sent us off and went on vacation to Napa and he ended up right back in the hospital vomiting and in severe pain and the doctor there said well I can see your gall stones on the ultrasound results. Didn’t they tell you that you have gall stones? Nope hey didn’t. So now I’m irritated my doctor office suddenly realized this requirement, I have to go to a hospital I don’t want to use, and I have to rearrange my time off at work. I’m sorry to vent but I know this is a safe place. Don’t you think the doctor office should have checked with my secondary Ins before today? What if there were more requirements?

Hey, same day! You can conquer 3 weeks of anything -- we're here for you! Well, to the extent that an online strangers scan be. :-) Forums are useful so we don't wear out our important people on the topic.

Edited by Apple203