Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everybody, my surgery is scheduled from March 12th (after my 2nd cancellation) but no more of those, I am full speed ahead with WLS this time around. My question is, how are most of you doing with your pre-op diet? My doctor didn't really give me one except to eat balanced meals and replace 1 meal with a Protein Shake every day. I've started that this week. Does anyone else have any helpful hits for this surgery? Things that are working or not working for them? Lastly, anyone else scheduled for March 12th!?

Hi Askingforafriend, can't believe nobody has joined in here. I'm a missionary from the RnY side,of things but I'll still offer friendship. I could be a surgery twin, the scheduler at my surgeon's office has been out sick with the flu and I'm not sure anyone is doing the job while she isn't there. My tentative date is early to Mid March. All my prerequirements are done so waiting to do my presurgery blood work etc. My surgeon doesn't require any liquid diet prior to surgery just clean balanced and low carb. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stay away from liquid Protein Drinks on my own. I'd like to lose a little more weight prior to surgery date. When I get my S.S. the 1st of February I'm going to lay in a small supply, try them to replace lunch which I'm bad about missing then starving before supper. Its funny I'm having trouble with appetite/digestion. I fix a meal for my son and I then eat only a few bites of it. In some ways its like I've had surgery already but I think its my gastritis. When I had my EGD my gastroenterologist put me on Dexilant, I had been on Omeprazole/Prilosec but it didn't control it, accidently forgot it yesterday and was miserable with the symptoms. Advice? Hopefully you've given up coffee and cola, simple carbs and Snacks? Funny I don't crave them myself and I used to be a sugarholic. This crabby tummy has thrown me for a loop. I'm sorry, you asked for advice and I'm crabbing. Remember there are a,lot of flavors, some people like the milkshake varieties, some prefer ones like Blue Raspberry clear, I'd like to try the Fuzzy Navel someone mentioned, I like orange myself. Write back if you'd like we all could use another friend you know. I'm sure you'll have a successful outcome to your surgery.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi kakatalady612 thank you for responding! I have not given up coffee but I have given up alcohol and sugary carbs and potato chips...pretty much most of the things that got me to this point. I just had a "Boost" Protein Drink for lunch. I hope you get your date soon, I feel like the only weirdo getting sleeved in March. I work for a University so I had to shoot for spring break to take two weeks off. I hope to lose a little weight before surgery as well, that would be nice. My husband takes all of that Omeprazole stuff, if he doesn't his stomach goes CRAZY. I hope to have us both eating much healthier after my surgery.

Hi I am brand new to this forum. Actually this is my first post. My surgery is scheduled for the EXACT same day as yours. I am doing nutrition counseling as part of my insurance requirements. I am on 100g (or less) of carbs per day. Not counting calories, no liquids yet. 2 weeks before surgery I have to do an all liquid diet for all meals.

Hello! My date is March 5th!!!! I need to lose 20lbs by then. I'm finding it hard to start! I don't know what's with me? I want this so bad, it's right there in front of me! Any advice ladies? I'm having the sleeve done. Best of luck to us all!

HI there! I'm scheduled for March 14th, praying I get approved. Here's the prep work I've done, beginning a few weeks ago:

• Dropped wine and coffee
  • Limiting carbs to fruit and vegetables
  • Started taking bariatric Vitamins and Calcium (I chose a liquid product)
  • Stocked up on clear and whey Protein drinks, variety
  • Vigilantly hydrating myself
  • Practicing not drinking Water 30/30 around meals, and chewing

I haven't been perfect on any front, but I'm working it. Tomorrow get a CPAP machine, so I'll add that to my routine.

Edited by Apple203

You go girl looks like you got this! I was originally scheduled for March 13. However I just did my clearance with my Bariatric doctor. Being that I've just obtained a new insurance they moved my date up to February 15th. It seems with the new insurance it's only a 3 month wait instead of the 6 month wait and everything is done. Now I am doing my pre op surgery diet. Holy cow, I'm super nervous but so ready to start my journey![emoji16]🤗[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/31/2018 at 5:24 PM, SleeveinIL said:

Hi I am brand new to this forum. Actually this is my first post. My surgery is scheduled for the EXACT same day as yours. I am doing nutrition counseling as part of my insurance requirements. I am on 100g (or less) of carbs per day. Not counting calories, no liquids yet. 2 weeks before surgery I have to do an all liquid diet for all meals.

Hey there, I just had my nutrition counseling yesterday, it was very positive and eye opening. I logged in this morning to look at bari-ware which are the containers where you can pack smaller portions of food. I'm also looking for that really good Premier Protein drink that has bananas in it. I wasn't counting calories and gained back 4 pounds. I'm back in my Meal Replacement diet and full liquids 24 hours before surgery. I'm happy to meet someone that is having their surgery on the exact same day. YAY!

On 2/1/2018 at 7:12 AM, Apple203 said:

HI there! I'm scheduled for March 14th, praying I get approved. Here's the prep work I've done, beginning a few weeks ago:

• Dropped wine and coffee
  • Limiting carbs to fruit and vegetables
  • Started taking bariatric Vitamins and Calcium (I chose a liquid product)
  • Stocked up on clear and whey Protein Drinks, variety
  • Vigilantly hydrating myself
  • Practicing not drinking Water 30/30 around meals, and chewing

I haven't been perfect on any front, but I'm working it. Tomorrow get a CPAP machine, so I'll add that to my routine.

I cannot drop coffee! I did drop wine/alcohol but I'm on my way to get coffee now. I just can't give that up right now. I am ordering my bariatric Vitamins this week, along with something to keep my hair from falling out. I drink Water all day every day....you sound really focused. Happy for you. I am hoping to get OFF of the CPAP, i hate that thing and I've been on it for over 5 years. Pleased to meet you!

On 2/1/2018 at 7:29 AM, Tia Tiarra said:

You go girl looks like you got this! I was originally scheduled for March 13. However I just did my clearance with my Bariatric doctor. Being that I've just obtained a new insurance they moved my date up to February 15th. It seems with the new insurance it's only a 3 month wait instead of the 6 month wait and everything is done. Now I am doing my pre op surgery diet. Holy cow, I'm super nervous but so ready to start my journey!🤗

Hey! Congrats on the new surgery date! I'm super nervous too but we've got this together. (jumping up and down and clapping)!

I'm March 5th!

6 hours ago, AskingForAFriend said:

Hey there, I just had my nutrition counseling yesterday, it was very positive and eye opening. I logged in this morning to look at bari-ware which are the containers where you can pack smaller portions of food. I'm also looking for that really good Premier Protein drink that has bananas in it. I wasn't counting calories and gained back 4 pounds. I'm back in my Meal Replacement diet and full liquids 24 hours before surgery. I'm happy to meet someone that is having their surgery on the exact same day. YAY!

Hi, was the weight gain an issue? At my last appt with surgeon, I was up 5# from holidays (ugh), but I've almost lost it now. Still I worry that I havent actually lost weight. Still another 3+ weeks until I start the pre-op diet, where I actually get to eat food -- 1200 kcal, 60g carb, 120 g Protein, 4 meals a day. For that I am thankful. OTOH, post surgery is 1 week Clear Liquids, then 2 weeks full liquids. So surgeon is easier on the upside and harder on the downside.

Want to add, I personally am on the fence about Premier Protein -- its too thick for me.

Edited by Apple203

Hi March Sleevers!! I am also scheduled March 9th. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. We have to put in a lot of time and effort for this moment. The moment we get to say ... I have a date!! So glad to see all of you and hope we can stay in touch!