Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 day post op and I still very painful

So I am 6 days post op and I am still in alot of pain but only on my right side where they stomach out at and where I had my drain in at. It' Just i have to hold my stomach up as I walk and I came down with a cold so I have to hold my stomach in when I have to cough smh, it' the worst I mean goodness. Also when I drink my stomach is very painful as the drink is going down, why is That? Will it get better soon? I think I'm having gas too,. When I do drink I have the urge to burp as well but nothing really do just lil tiny burps sometimes.

I didn’t have a drain, i got chewable had x and would cut them in 1/2. That helped. IF you stomach still hurts u might want to call the doctor and check. I have had no pain just trying to adjust to liquids for a month and now a little food.

My husband had his sleeve done in September. And was still in a lot of pain a week out. And yes drinking made his stomach hurt. Try different temps for the liquids. We found that cold hurt less. I had bypass in July and I couldn't and still can't have cold, i have to have room temp or start to hurt. Once you finally get all the gas out and the swelling goes down, you will start to feel better. This stage you are in is what my surgeon calls "swell hell" it does get better. This is just a bump, in the road. Warm showers also help get that gas moving and help reduce swelling some. Hugs...remember that pillow is your friend use it.

So I am 6 days post op and I am still in alot of pain but only on my right side where they stomach out at and where I had my drain in at. It' Just i have to hold my stomach up as I walk and I came down with a cold so I have to hold my stomach in when I have to cough smh, it' the worst I mean goodness. Also when I drink my stomach is very painful as the drink is going down, why is That? Will it get better soon? I think I'm having gas too,. When I do drink I have the urge to burp as well but nothing really do just lil tiny burps sometimes.

Did your surgeon give you a belly binder ? I’m getting one and I know after c section I used mine and it helped a ton. Just an idea ? :)
Also if you try a stuffed animal or folded up blankets instead of your hand helps so much more with the coughing pains. Just hold it close.
Have you tried gas x strips for the gas ? I’ve seen many swear by them.
Hope this helps :)

Thank you, I got some gas x trying to see if I can get some movement smh, took two chewables but nothing yet. I'm glad theres actually a road far out some where lol. It' definitely swell hell.

1 minute ago, WaywardMama said:

Did your surgeon give you a belly binder ? I’m getting one and I know after c section I used mine and it helped a ton. Just an idea ? :)
Also if you try a stuffed animal or folded up blankets instead of your hand helps so much more with the coughing pains. Just hold it close.
Have you tried gas x strips for the gas ? I’ve seen many swear by them.
Hope this helps :)

No he didn't what is a belly binder? I had a c section 11 yrs ago but never got one of those. But I can definalty say this is worst then a c section. But I got the chewable tabs. Could not find the strips at all smh took 2 nothing yet uggh

Did u break the meds in half. My doctor told me anything larger than a tic tac is too big. I have to set my timer for every two hours and take my Vitamins. That’s tough too

No he didn't what is a belly binder? I had a c section 11 yrs ago but never got one of those. But I can definalty say this is worst then a c section. But I got the chewable tabs. Could not find the strips at all smh took 2 nothing yet uggh

It’s a wide stretchy band of fabric that you pull all your stomach close to your body (compression). It really helped me with pain. Especially when sitting or bending over.
They have them on Amazon. Maybe you can ask your dr what they think?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QLYZ1DK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eaPBAb3432GAV

:( hope they work soon for you. Has pain stinks.

boy do i feel lucky absolutely no pain from day one....been eating 4 oz of pudding ,,chicken ...beef....had surgery 1/23/18

49 minutes ago, BRIAN HAT said:

boy do i feel lucky absolutely no pain from day one....been eating 4 oz of pudding ,,chicken ...beef....had surgery 1/23/18

Lucky you, wish that was me. Nope still painful even to just stand up smh

thats too bad ...sucks ....wonder why so different ...my surgery lasted 38 minutes ..woke up zero pain and never ..bad to work 3 days later ...no lifting thou ....i wouldnt even know i had it other than eating only 4 oz per meal....hope all turns out for you soon

I’m so sorry for you, I had horrible pain for 2 weeks post op. I was lucky enough to have my husband take off work that entire time to take care of our kid. I called my doc and they suggested I rest and take the pain meds. So I did. I was functional for the most part but I did sleep a lot. Just when I thought I was never going to be able to do any movement that involved my abs, it just stopped hurting overnight. I’m 30 days post op now and I still burp down all my drinks, but they don’t hurt anymore. Hang in there!