Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days post op with bad butt and side of butt pain

Post op 10 days and bad pain in my butt and sides (like on side of butt below hips) hurts to sit esp on toilet! Has anyone else had the same issue? I've googled and searched but can't seem to find anything except people who have lost large amounts of weight and have no fat there. That's def not my problem lol

Similar experience, since losing the weight.My butt hurts when I sit on anything not padded. Example, the seat of a NYC train. When I take the train I now stand because it hurts too much to sit down for the entire ride. I guess that's one of the prices we pay for the rapid weight loss. Hey, I'll take it and after all it's better for me to stand than to sit.

Went through the same thing. First few weeks (and even months) were rough at times. Any prolonged sitting absolutely killed me. It's a common thing to happen for whatever weird reason. I've weighed less in my life and didn't have that problem, but for whatever reason that time after surgery was painful. I broke down and got one of those tailbone relief cushions (coccyx pad). It didn't solve it but provided some relief.

At some point the pain started to get better and finally went away. It is a literal pain in the ass...lol

Constipation issue? Your intestines can take awhile to recover from anesthetic and be very slow moving all of the waste out even if you are moving some of it. Try a stool softener and light belly massage, more walking and a little gentle stretching leg lifts.

It may help to try and build up the muscle in the gluteals area. Back in 2013-2014, when I lost a little over a 100 pounds in about 8 months time through traditional diet and exercise, I had the same issue so I worked those muscles and it helped quite a bit.

Whoee do I have this to look forward to? After losing 30 lbs I lost the fat pad over my coccyx but you know what? I'll buy stock in a cushion factory before I gain anymore weight. I plan to be so mobile that I won't sit in front of the TV and feel sorry for myself and my "fluffyhood" I have spent too much of my life looking like Bip the Michelin Man's twin sister. Time to move on, bike and go the places I don't fit into now, we have a lot of town festivals and fairs in Ohio i haven't had the endurance to enjoy. Maybe not Kings Island and Cedar Point but there are fireman fesivals, Roscoe Village and Ohio Historical Center, Columbus Crew, even the Columbus Clippers, Cleveland Indians AAA farm club. There are area of Ohio Tomkitten has never seen, I may have visited them when I was a little kakat kitten myself but my late husband, the Somewhat Lamented, didn't want to travel at all. Once I married him I had to attend his family reunions as well as my own by myself. It was humorous at-at his calling hours people came he wouldn't have recognized if he had been alive. Guess I must have married him for something other than his social involvement. Well there is life force and spunk left in the ole girl and I'll keep going as long as I have breath,left in me! Just watch my contrail cause I will be jetting

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

So glad I found this post... I thought I was going crazy lol I feel the pain in the butt/upper thighs when i sit down on the toilet !!

oh my gosh, what a relief to read your posts!! i was dreading asking the doctor about this. my butt was killing me for months after surgery...approx months 3-8. it has gotten better over the past month so i am grateful for that. i was totally not prepared for this experience. not something that came up during our support group but then again who wants to talk about their butt hurting LOL!