Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TV Shows About Weight Loss

Does anyone here watch Weight Loss TV shows for inspiration? There is a new one called Family By The Ton on TLC and it's great. It reminds me of my family. Does it remind anyone else of theirs? Also, it takes place in Atlanta! Anyone else here live in Atlanta area?

I've seen "The Biggest Loser" & "My 600-Pound Life". Both make me ugly cry so I don't watch them. If you gain inspiration from them, go for it!

I love My 600 Pound Life. I put reruns on when I need inspiration to keep walking and get my steps in.

14 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

I love My 600 Pound Life. I put reruns on when I need inspiration to keep walking and get my steps in.

Not sure where I've been but I've never even heard of this show..may need to look for it somewhere..

On 1/26/2018 at 3:58 PM, Real California April said:

It is originally in TLC (in the US anyway.) They also have some on Hulu

SW: 366
CW: 329
GW1: 200
RNY Dec 18, 2017!

oh thanks April :) I have hulu so will check it out!

I don't watch 600 lb life, started to with family member (cousin) who announced Gee they look just like you! I'm barely 1/2 that size but haven't watched it since. Why do people who should,love and support you act in this manner? Maybe I should,have been born with a hard protective shell like a turtle.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Katkatlady... I’d say they are jealous of what you are doing and are your sabotagers... I love the show but don’t get that channel anymore... I love seeing how they went through bad news but came out winners... don’t let those people keep you from being inspired...

Katkatlady612... That sounds like a horrible, hurtful comment your cousin made. :( I'm sorry. I sometimes watch "Extreme Weight Loss" or "Fit to Fat to Fit Again." I find those both inspiring and the Fit to Fat to Fit show is interesting because personal fitness trainers purposely gain 40 - 70 lbs then have to work along side their "clients" to lose it and get fit again. The other day my husband happened to flip to "My 600 lb Life" and then I had to listen to him say, "Oh my gosh..." "Oh geez..." And just moaning and groaning as he watched the people on tv. Mind you, my husband is 6'4" and 200 lbs. He is totally tall, lean, and fit. He has never had a weight problem and he does not understand how complicated the struggle is. I said, "Why are you watching this??" I asked him to just change the channel and to stop watching because he just doesn't understand. It made me teary eyed to listen to his judgemental reactions and groans. (No, it is not easy going down this road with a husband who is skeptical of the process and thinks this time will be no different ,or that if it's just going to make me eat less then I should save myself the time, money, and pain and just eat less and move more). Like you, I do not have a tough turtle shell and my personal weight struggles and issues run deep.

I’m watch 600lbs and tons of family also

but my advice for 600lbs and tons of family need lose weight before surgery if gain weight baratric doctor wouldn’t approve for surgery..

whether baratric doctor wanted lose more weight 30 or more pounds they can ahead booked the operations