Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since when is my butt a size 14?

Went shopping with my bestie today.

This is the girl I met the first day of first grade. 40 freaking years we've been friends:)

Anyway...so we ended up at TJ Max (some of you might think of it as Marshall's)...cool stuff, but with a smaller price tag. A little more upscale bargain hunter store. (as opposed to Goodwill, where we also went...lol)

So we found these jeans. They're stretchy skinny jeans. I tried on a 16....which I was thrilled to get into. (Hell, who am I kidding, i'm happy with an 18!)

So my bestie looks at my butt and says...You need the next size down.

I'm all like...Nah, they'll shrink, they're as small as I should go....

But she went out and brought back 14s in the same pants and made me try them.

And shock of all shockers....they really did fit better. So much, in fact, that I bought the 14s.

I think sizes must be getting bigger. 14 used to be really small. I barely got into 14s when I weighed 170 back in the 90's.

Since when is my 209 pound butt a 14?

To be fair...the sizes on these particular pants seemed to run big. Maybe that's why they ended up at the discount store? I think in more typical pants sizes they'd be 16/18.

Anyone else suffer size disorientation because it's been so long since you've worn anything besides shapeless plus sizes in the 20s?

Edited by Creekimp13

Lol I hear ya !!! Isn't great !!! I was a size 24-26 3x. In October my mom and I went to Kohls ...I grabbed a 17 ...lol to big ...grabbed a 15 to big..a 13 not bad. Got to check out and wow I looked at my mom and said ""oh my God"" ""those are juniors size 13""" and the cash register lady said is that okay? and I was like YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! after wearing them for 3 days I thought dam should have gone another size smaller. lol

Sent from my LGL84VL using BariatricPal mobile app

My butt has totally disappeared . . . I still have my tummy to work on, but my legs and butt have gotten significantly thinner. It's the weirdest thing. Sadly, I'm apple-shaped, so I really NEED my tummy to slim down. I'm hoping that it will eventually catch up!

I am smiling ear to ear reading all of your slim,down stories!! I can NOT WAIT until I get to share mine! So happy for you all!!

Sent from my VS988 using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s such a thrill. Hard for others to understand. For the first 2-3 mos my stretchy yoga pants, size 2x, were still fitting. Finally the waistband was too loose. So I ordered a used lot in xl on eBay of my favorite brand. They fit but one of them fit better than the others. It was a size L. Unbelievable.

Still in the L at 6 mos out, though. Almost down to mediums if it weren’t for the thunder thighs. I’ve lost 10.5” around my waist though. I can wear medium tops. Unbelievable. I was a 2x forever and now I am 12-14. I still don’t believe it. I could shop anywhere. What?? 😊

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, Chrisp2018 said:

I am smiling ear to ear reading all of your slim,down stories!! I can NOT WAIT until I get to share mine! So happy for you all!!

same here. i can't wait! the med assistant at my 1 week postop appointment told me not to buy any clothes for 6 months. I am going to have to, as I can't have my arse hanging out at work and I want to! Even if I have to buy just one pair of cheap pants that won't last long, I'm really looking forward to this thrill!

Me too.. I have a tote of clothes from forever ago and some that my teenage daughter has grown out of that I like and and hoping to be able to actually use. Can't wait for transformation!!

I keep thinking of all those clothes that I bought my daughter....that she ended up hating. LOL:) I wants them!!!

I'm thinking of all the clothes I donated before moving 2 years ago. That closet full would help tide me over during the loss phase now. Oh well!