Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any buddy out there that wants to share day-to-day progress with me?

Hi, I just got sleveed 4 days ago, and I would really like if i had a buddy that is in the same situation as me, in the liquid diet just so I don’t feel like the only weirdo out there hehe, for support, talks about it, share experiences... anyone? If you want to you can msj me :)

I just got sleeved Yesterday! We can be on this journey together. Today is my first day home. I’m experiencing severe stomach pain after each swallow of liquid or creamed Soup. It’s then accompanied with loud gurgling sounds like gas bubbles coming up from a slow drain. It’s liquid and cream of wheat the first week me and most

Edited by VSG-Gal
Date change

I just got sleeved Yesterday! We can be on this journey together. Today is my first day home. I’m experiencing severe stomach pain after each swallow of liquid or creamed Soup. It’s then accompanied with loud gurgling sounds like gas bubbles coming up from a slow drain. It’s liquid and cream of wheat the first week me and most

I hope ur feeling better I am honestly in the stage of regretting the surgery, feeling nostalgic:/ I am sick of the liquids but that’s all my stomach can take :/!!!! I get full by 4 oz of Water it’s ridiculous

Not feeling better yet but from what I’ve been reading and in talking to friends who had bypasses and sleeves, it does get better and we can eat more but we need to be patient. The stomach will stretch eventually, just needs time to heal. I’m still dealing with cramp like pain every time I fill it with anything no matter how small right now.

Edited by VSG-Gal
Correcting Grammar

Kakatlady, I will be there for you each step! This process is hard for everyone. I am a food addict on top of that, so I will have challenges forever as I try to lose 60 pounds then maintain.

Remember that what you go through now is temporary and that the reward of a better life is around the corner! :)

food tip: my local Walgreens didn’t carry cream of wheat for me to eat. After two weeks of liquid only diet, cream of wheat actually sounds good! But since they didn’t have it my friend had the idea of looking into baby food isle. I was willing to eat anything so long I wasn’t drinking more fluids. They had a dry rice flour powder where you just add Water. So I’m eating that now. I was able to cheat a bit on a handful of Chex mix. I made sure it dissolved totally in my mouth before swallowing. It was nice to experience a crunch in my mouth. I wouldn’t recommend anything more than a handful the first week post op and be sure it’s completely dissolved before swallowing.

When I was a,little kakat- kitten my mother would pour boiling Water on shredded wheat to soften it, pour the water off and when it cooled down give it to me. To eat. I wonder if you,could do sometilhing,like,that with rice or corn chex put some milk on it stir until it's smooth. Be almost like cream of rice or cream of wheat. Did you know cream of wheat is also called farina? If you see it in the baby food aisle,its the same thing.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

There is no farina based products in their limited baby food isle. But that’s ok, as long as I can have some texture in my mouth like the rice porridge I think I can manage a few days. But don’t get me wrong I’m certainly counting the days where I can eat scrambled eggs! Lol! Thanks for the Chex mix tip, I might mix that in with the rice porridge

Have you met with a nutritionist since you surgery? I am shocked you can have cream of wheat and rice based products. I avoided all carbs completely for the first 2 months until I was cleared. Even today (just shy of 3 months), I still avoid them almost completely. They take up too much space, and provide little value. You need to be focused on Proteins for recovery and sustenance.

It gets easier for sure. I had my doubts a few weeks in when I was still in pain. Once the pain goes away and the inches and pounds start peeling off, you will lose that regret as well.

I hope somebody will be there for me, glad you have each other. Both of you keep us updated, you matter here. There will be a mid Marcher for me and by then you both will be far enough along,to tell "This too will pass" keep fighting the Good Fight.

Hey I'm a mid marcher too. Maybe we could be buddies. I have one last appointment Feb 20th then they submit to insurance

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

Ohio, 50 miles from Columbus where I'll have my surgery. I actually live in Mount Vernon, a city of just under 20,000 14 miles from Ohio' s Geographic,Center. Founded 1805, known for Dr Semple, a dentist who had the first US patent for chewing gum, Daniel Decatur Emmett, who wrote "Dixie". Paul Lynde the actor and Me. Ok I'm not quite as famous but I'm working on it. Figure I can be a star on Bariatric Pal if nowhere else.

Ohio, 50 miles from Columbus where I'll have my surgery. I actually live in Mount Vernon, a city of just under 20,000 14 miles from Ohio' s Geographic,Center. Founded 1805, known for Dr Semple, a dentist who had the first US patent for chewing gum, Daniel Decatur Emmett, who wrote "Dixie". Paul Lynde the actor and Me. Ok I'm not quite as famous but I'm working on it. Figure I can be a star on Bariatric Pal if nowhere else.

Well hey your famous to me. I'm excited I finally found someone who will be going through this process with me. Did you get a date of surgery yet?

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app