Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congratulations!!! I go on February 13 for an all day kind of thing. Meet with the surgeon one last time before surgery and get a date for surgery. Next week I have to go do ekg, chest X-ray and final lab work. Surgery will probably be the end of February/beginning of March.

I got my official date! February 20th! So excited!

Yayyy so excited!!!! My doctor only schedules the bypass on Mondays so I'm hoping for the 19th or 26th. I'm thinking the 26th is more realistic given I need to start the liquid diet. Did they give you any instructions after scheduling?

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations!!

Yayyy so excited!!!! My doctor only schedules the bypass on Mondays so I'm hoping for the 19th or 26th. I'm thinking the 26th is more realistic given I need to start the liquid diet. Did they give you any instructions after scheduling?

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks! I’m stoked!! At my last visit they gave me the 10-day pre-op diet instructions. 3 Protein Shakes a day with one serving of veggies then after day 5 only Protein shakes (and Water, broth, sugar free popsicles are allowed).

The 19th probably isn’t out of question for you? You could probably squeeze in your pre-op diet? You should fine out your date today as well?

3 minutes ago, ktgirl246 said:

Thanks! I’m stoked!! At my last visit they gave me the 10-day pre-op diet instructions. 3 Protein Shakes a day with one serving of veggies then after day 5 only Protein shakes (and Water, broth, sugar free popsicles are allowed).

The 19th probably isn’t out of question for you? You could probably squeeze in your pre-op diet? You should fine out your date today as well?

I left a message with the lady on Friday so I'll probably try to call her back in a little bit. I'm hoping to get my date asap. I'll keep you posted!

Hi folks, called the testing/presurgery # early this am, they had called Friday afternoon while I was out. They were like Sgt Shultz,in Big and Heroes, I see nothing, I know nothing. Then I heard from surgeon's office about 10 minutes ago. That girl wondered if I'd,gotten my surgeon's paperwork, said no and our mail,had already come. Oh well, you should have had it by maybe Wednesday? God I feel like I can see the carrot and then they yank it away. So 85% February 15th, that's only 10 days away. Will I be able to get to Columbus,for testing before then? I do have a firm ride,for the 15th with the social service agency I use, actually our senior center. I don't own a car or drive anymore. God I'm confused and this time no one can blame it on old age! Pray this all gets expedited and soon. Signed the queen of Frustrations.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I just received the call from my doctors office. Of course with not the news I was hoping for. She told me that I will hear from someone else to schedule a pre-surgery appointment (to meet with a nurse and I have to go to a support group), then will schedule the surgery by the end of this week. Ugh! Good thing is she said they will try to fit me in on a tuesday or wednesday for surgery if needed. She thanked me for my patience but I'm soooooo not patient! I just want to get my date! Now I have to keep myself busy this week so it doesn't bother me all week. Does anyone know what will happen if you gain some weight back before your surgery? I'm 10 pounds less than what they wanted me to be. I didn't eat so great this weekend (due to the superbowl) and when I weighed myself this morning I gained 3 pounds.

Me again , now I've heard from Amber, my facilitator at the hospital. There is some snafu about the 15th, originally i was supposed to have a EGD on that day,but i had on December 20th by my gastroenterologist, it was scanned into their system by Morgan the PA on December 21st. So Amber will try to get it straightened out and call me Tuesday morning, my paperwork went,to insurance, passed and clearance was given. So what is the holdup? Give me a bowie knife and some fishing line and I'll do myself, I want at this point to drown myself in a bag of Pecan Sandies Cookies, I'd eat chocolate chips but I'm allergic to chocolate. On the other hand I could still eat those and die of anaphylactic shock. Help folks, keep me on the straight and narrow!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

@kakatlady612 It's very hard to deal with changes and with mix-ups. It feels like it never ends. The only thing you can do is take a lot of deep breaths, keep your eyes on the prize, and just keep swimming. And moaning and bitching helps too. I did a LOT of those 2 things for the past 3 months! :D It is hard to believe that it's really gonna happen. I think that's when we have to find our faith and dig in--dig deep and hold on! Don't sabotage your plans. Just hold tight to the belief that it will be on the 15th and keep doing what you know to be right. If it were me, I'd go ahead and start the liquid pre-op or whatever your pre-op diet prescription is! Get your pre-op testing done as early as possible. Mine is 1 week prior to surgery in case there are any snags, you have time to get them resolved without too much angst. ((hugs))

kakatlady612 I agree with FluffyChix. You're head has been in the game. I've seen some of your posts. There are times in this process when frustration builds to such a high level that it's unclear how to rid oneself of it. I felt it many times. All you can do is control what you do...how you behave, what you eat, getting to your appointments, calling daily if necessary to follow-up on what the he** is going on, etc. (but always your nice voice - lol). Your surgery will happen. Trust. Believe.

8 hours ago, ktgirl246 said:

I'm February 20th, too!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!