Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling disheartened

Hello all,

I had my surgery at the end of October. First fill on 8th of Jan. I am feeling a bit disheartened as I haven’t really lost any weight since I started again on solids. I know it may take a while before the correct restriction is found etc and if I hadn’t had the surgery I would probably have continued to gain weight...but still :(

I’m just looking for others to share their experiences (positive only please)

I currently have 6cc in 14cc band.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Please keep going until you reach a bit of restriction. That means the band will work with you.
Hopefully not too tight to reject food. I think it is different for everyone. Please try. You did not have surgery to stay the same!
Best of luck.keep posting!

I had my band placed five years ago with great success. I’ve had it too tight, not tight enough, lost and gained. It’s a journey we’re on. Please don’t be disheartened. My band enabled me to lose 120#, diabetes and high blood pressure. I had to have some fill removed due to illness, which was totally unrelated to the band. I’ve gained 10# probably due to no exercise and poor food choices. I’m working now to get that off. Good luck!

The journey is long and there will be ups and down. I lost weight more quickly but in the long run she went right on pass me and weighs 25 lbs less than me.

Hi,I'm in a similar situtation. Had surgery end of Nov,had lost bout 20lbs in pre-op and in the 2/3wks after surgery. Went for my 1st fill on 10th Jan and hadnt lost v.much. Still wasnt feeling v.much restriction,went bk of 14th Feb for 2nd fill,they put in 1.5ml so was at 4.5 now. That nite cudnt keep down a thing. Not even my own saliva, vomiting every 5mins or so. Rang clinic 1st thing went up in the afternoon but they cudnt find my port site,had to go bk up that nite where a diff nurse was able to take out what they had put in. To b honest at that point I didnt care what they took out as long as it stopped the vomiting! I was really thinking had I made a huge mistake having this surgery. They wudnt let me have another fill for 6wks as my stomach was so inflammed and the nerve at the top cant remember the name all had to settle down again. Got technically my proper 2nd fill last Sunday,they just put in .9mls,they want to be more cautious going forward. I have some friends who were banded similar times to me and the lbs are dropping off for them. They just dont seem to be shifting for me at all. I do find some of my clothes are looser but thats bout it. I totally get how u feel disheartened,I feel like that too. I do feel restriction at the min but its weird its like my 1st few bites get stuck and I generally have to bring it bk up to clear it,then after that I can eat. Its like I have to 'wake' up the muscles in my tum and around my band. I'm trying to stay positive and hoping that things will start shifting soon. Please dont feel too down,I know this tool will start working for us both. Keep in touch with how you are getting on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using BariatricPal mobile app