Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having second guesses on the surgery, im definitely scared, had the evaluation with psyche and the idea of having to check in for the rest of my life, check on my stomach. Changing what you eat, what nutrients are needed on a daily basis. The fear of my stomach getting smaller and not being able to enjoy a meal like im use to. Is it temporary? How you drink liquids? I wish i could lose the weight on my own, this surgery will def save my life and get me to a weight that i will be comfortable in exercising. I do love to exercise, with my sleep apnea and weight it makes it dificult to even have the energy. Needed to vent and always looking for support.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

I too was scared its the not knowing and its ok ...just breath..... I know its overwhelming....I was scared ... you can do it!!!!! I read my binder over and over that I got from the Dr. It talks about the surgery, nutrition, all the nutrients you have to keep up on and what happens if you don't. But by re-reading over and over it all begins to click... Then I also bought a book on line specifically for the surgery I had ...its been a year and I still re-read now I can say "ah! Ha! I've done that" or "ah! I've felt that way" and that's why or ah! "I need to eat more of this and then I feel better physically"

Sent from my LGL84VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I too was scared its the not knowing and its ok ...just breath..... I know its overwhelming....I was scared ... you can do it!!!!! I read my binder over and over that I got from the Dr. It talks about the surgery, nutrition, all the nutrients you have to keep up on and what happens if you don't. But by re-reading over and over it all begins to click... Then I also bought a book on line specifically for the surgery I had ...its been a year and I still re-read now I can say "ah! Ha! I've done that" or "ah! I've felt that way" and that's why or ah! "I need to eat more of this and then I feel better physically"

Sent from my LGL84VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you really appreciate it.

I felt the same exact way. My surgery was scheduled for December 27 and I wasn't feeling well plus my husband was very sick. My surgery was postponed they were saying Jan 29. I said WHATTTTT!!!! No frigging way am I waiting that long. The surgeon cleared his calendar for jan 3. I was on the calendar. I started thinking.....omg, is it meant to be, should I do this...I won't be able to eat...you name it I thought it. I also thought, I went this far had all my doctor clearances tests etc...this is my chance to get this weight off. I knew if I said no I would definitely regret it. Jan 3rd came and went here we are jan 21 and I am post op doing well. I am down 18 lbs could be more by now haven't weighed myself in a few days. Is it hard?? Yes. I had to drink liquid for the first 2 weeks. It went down well. Soft foods now for the next two weeks. So far it is going OK. Walking everyday. If you do it you won't regret it, if you don't do it you might regret it. But only do it if you're ready. Seeing the weight come off the scale go down is an amazing feeling.

Edited by Lynn1/3

I was apprehensive as well. I finally got to a point where I can't go on living like this. Having the sleeve done was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I don't regret it one bit. I read a lot before I decided and there were stories that could have easily changed my mind but I know everybody reacts differently to these changes. I'm 8 weeks post op now and have had zero complications. I walk 15-20 miles a week (since day 2 post op) and just recently started weight training. I've never really felt a restriction with food intake. I don't over eat. I don't have any issues with getting my fluids and best of all I've lost 75 lbs since my 2 week pre op appointment on 11/15. Basically, I've changed my lifestyle for the better.

"...this surgery will def save my life..." BariatricPal mobile app

This one sentence should really put everything else into perspective.

I felt the same exact way. My surgery was scheduled for December 27 and I wasn't feeling well plus my husband was very sick. My surgery was postponed they were saying Jan 29. I said WHATTTTT!!!! No frigging way am I waiting that long. The surgeon cleared his calendar for jan 3. I was on the calendar. I started thinking.....omg, is it meant to be, should I do this...I won't be able to eat...you name it I thought it. I also thought, I went this far had all my doctor clearances tests etc...this is my chance to get this weight off. I knew if I said no I would definitely regret it. Jan 3rd came and went here we are jan 21 and I am post op doing well. I am down 18 lbs could be more by now haven't weighed myself in a few days. Is it hard?? Yes. I had to drink liquid for the first 2 weeks. It went down well. Soft foods now for the next two weeks. So far it is going OK. Walking everyday. If you do it you won't regret it, if you don't do it you might regret it. But only do it if you're ready. Seeing the weight come off the scale go down is an amazing feeling.

Thank you for your input

I was apprehensive as well. I finally got to a point where I can't go on living like this. Having the sleeve done was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I don't regret it one bit. I read a lot before I decided and there were stories that could have easily changed my mind but I know everybody reacts differently to these changes. I'm 8 weeks post op now and have had zero complications. I walk 15-20 miles a week (since day 2 post op) and just recently started weight training. I've never really felt a restriction with food intake. I don't over eat. I don't have any issues with getting my fluids and best of all I've lost 75 lbs since my 2 week pre op appointment on 11/15. Basically, I've changed my lifestyle for the better.

Thats awesome so motivating thank u!

This one sentence should really put everything else into perspective.

I went to a support group today and there were some post op and their words and experiences spoke volumes for me. I told them about this website and how its so motivating for me. I have my days def

3 hours ago, Rudedogg89 said:

I went to a support group today and there were some post op and their words and experiences spoke volumes for me. I told them about this website and how its so motivating for me. I have my days def

Most definitely - we all do! That was awesome for you to go to the support group. You'll definitely still be able to enjoy food; that's something I talk about with my therapist -- about changing my mindset from "enjoying food = stuffing myself on fatty food past the point of fullness" to "enjoying food = creating colorful, nutritious food flavored with herbs and truly savored and appreciated."

When I'm struggling I think about my ideal self preparing my ideal meal - for some reason a colorful ratatouille is always something that I picture, or something piled high with colorful ripe berries. Setting the table and sitting down with my husband, talking and truly savoring the food - both for its taste and for the ways it nourishes my body. That image is a far cry from eating a brown bacon cheeseburger and brown fries and a brown soda, in my car by myself, with my mind numbed to the shoveling of food into my mouth. Which image portrays someone who is truly enjoying food?

That's what motivates me. Yes, at the beginning I'll be limited in what I can eat while the weight loss phase is in full-swing. But once your body adapts and you leave the "honeymoon phase," if you've used your tool wisely you'll have transformed your relationship to food and you WILL be able to enjoy it, truly enjoy and savor it.

^ Jeez, how many times can I say "truly enjoy," "truly savor," etc.??? Sorry for the repetitive phrases - it's super late and I need to be in bed! Hopefully you caught my drift anyway. :)

Seriously - isn't ratatouille so beautiful?????????? OK I'm going to bed :D

Easy-Ratatouille-7.jpg?fit=690,460&ssl=1

Edited by Little Green