Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Matthew Weiner

8 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Well-put! I freely and happily admit you are correct and I'm wrong! :) (f**k you btw for being carbed up... ;) )

Awww. How sweet you are :lol::lol: I'm going to regret it again when I restart liquids, I know!

8 hours ago, Little Green said:

@Apple203 I'm not sure what "release your guard rails" means LOL.

LOL , me, either! I think it was the wine talking!!!:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Little Green said:

Awww. How sweet you are :lol::lol: I'm going to regret it again when I restart liquids, I know!

:lol: LOL! Oh yah you will! (Pardon me, it's just the calorie-deprived dementia talking!) :lol::lol:

On 2/9/2018 at 5:33 PM, JohnnyCakes said:

among other things, Vuong says to avoid chicken. why? because "eating chicken is part of what made you fat in the first place".

i rest my case.

avoid him. he's a bottom 10% "doctor" who probably got his "degree" from one of those med schools in the Caribbean.

@JohnnyCakes He got his degree from Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine in College Station. :) Gig 'em Aggies! LOL. (I'm in a family with 4 generations of Aggies, so I'm biased. :) )

I don't agree with some of his stuff, but I really like that he's appears pretty dedicated to working with his patients as a group to help them change their minds, as well as operates on their bodies. It's pretty refreshing.

My favorite diets are Mediterranean and mayo Clinic Diet...which sound a lot like you describe. I'm not a fan of all this animal Protein. I've started making vegetable Soup with pea powder and brown rice powder in it (a complete amino acid)...to get more veggie protein in.
I also eat a lot of nut butter, chia seed pudding, lentils, chickpeas, Beans, etc. I like fungus protein, and do some soy.
I also do chicken breast, fish, very lean red meat (super trimmed of all fat), eggs, yogurt, etc. But I try to balance it with at least equal plant protein.
There is a whole section of this website that caters to vegetarian and vegan recipes for weight loss surgery.
In the early weeks post surgery....you're going to have a problem with skins, and seeds...you won't digest them well and they can get caught in your suture line and cause problems. (even in smoothies the tiny seeds can be an issue) Forget about raw veggies and fruits...It all needs to be super soft at first.
In the early weeks post surgery...you won't like bread. Or it won't like you. Bread is difficult at first, particularly whole grains. (But you will have a love affair with oatmeal:) )
By two months post-surgery you'll be able to eat almost anything. You can start reintroducing the foods you love.
A word about protein.....you have special needs while you're in the weight loss phase as a bariatric patient. You will have a high demand for protein and if you are not consuming it, your body will consume YOUR muscles instead...and one muscle in particular is pretty important...your heart! Eating more protein protects us from muscle wasting. When your weight loss levels off...you can taper it down, but in the rapid weight loss months it's very important.
I, too, am a big fan of phytonutrients...so I hear ya.

This is so helpful!! Thank you!!

Has Dr Matthew Weinet have any new videos on You-Tube? I've seen the others repeatedly.😝

3 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Has Dr Matthew Weinet have any new videos on You-Tube? I've seen the others repeatedly.😝

No :57_cry::57_cry: He's still active in terms of occasionally answering comments and such but no new videos. I would love to hear what he's up to now and if his views on animal Protein have shifted as plant-based diets have become mainstream. He and Dr. Nowzaradan are like my WLS motivational gurus haha, I should build a shrine!