Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Veteran's 2+ years out and chasing 10 to 20lb gain.

WHEN THE BASICS DON'T WORK ANY MORE WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO GET THE WEIGHT BACK DOWN? (Please don't post Going back to basics, TDEE method or the pouch reset . I have tried them all)

NO...I'm not eating off plan and YES I exercise 2 hours five days a week like a beast. i have battle the same 15 pounds up and down for a year. Weight loss is painfully slow.

I started carb cycling and its working well.

I'm down 12 pounds as of this morning. My weight loss speed has picked up. So far what I am doing is finally working. But, I'm still waiting to see if I have the dreaded weight gain bounce back.

What have you tried and what is actually working?

I'm in the same boat, what carb cycling program are you following?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Over time, our bodies seem to change in terms of response to what always worked.

I joined a gym where I do a different kind of exercise - it's high intensity interval training and it is intense. I am also following their food plan, but in reality it's lean Protein and veggie based so not that different. I am just adhering closer. The weight is coming off painfully slow, but, its going the right direction and I am feeling alot better about my situation.

I am also still doing my low intensity daily brisk walks, but I don't even count those as exercise now.

So, maybe try changing it up - try intermittant fasting or some other technique that you have not been doing, change something about your workouts. Celebrate the very small wins because at this phase it seems to take forever to lose anything and so easy to gain!

My disclaimer lol I'm not a dietician...I'm just another struggling patient.

High Carbohydrate Day: Protein, healthy carbs, no/low fats Veggies

moderate carbohydrate Day: Slight increase in healthy carbs, protein veggies

no carbohydrates Days this just means all carbs come from vegetables. protein add healthy fats

My week based on my tdee - Female 133 pounds 5'5" high activity level

Monday high carb day - Hit my maintenance calories 1400 to 1900 -carbs 230g - protein 143g

Tuesday no carb day - Hit my cutting calories 1100 to 1300 -130g protein 55 carbs add avocado, and fats etc

Wednesday no carb day- Hit my cutting calories 1100 to 1300 -130g protein 55g carbs add avocado and fats etc

Thursday high carb day: Hit my maintenance calories 1400 to 1900 -carbs 230g - protein 143g

Friday - no carb day- Hit my cutting calories 1100 to 1300 -130g protein 55g carbs add avocado and fats etc

Saturday no carb day- Hit my cutting calories 1100 to 1300 -130g protein 55g carbs add avocado and fats etc

Sunday - Moderate carb day 1100 to 1300 calories 75g to 100g carbs 130g protien

Here are some links for the basics of how this works...Ignore the trainers muscles ..Yes, he's ripped.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=336012

To calculate your calories and macros specifically by sex, height, weight exercise level

https://tdeecalculator.net/

21 minutes ago, CowgirlJane said:

Over time, our bodies seem to change in terms of response to what always worked.

I joined a gym where I do a different kind of exercise - it's high intensity interval training and it is intense. I am also following their food plan, but in reality it's lean Protein and veggie based so not that different. I am just adhering closer. The weight is coming off painfully slow, but, its going the right direction and I am feeling alot better about my situation.

I am also still doing my low intensity daily brisk walks, but I don't even count those as exercise now.

So, maybe try changing it up - try intermittant fasting or some other technique that you have not been doing, change something about your workouts. Celebrate the very small wins because at this phase it seems to take forever to lose anything and so easy to gain!

I had seen that you were doing the above on another post. I was wondering how things were working out.

High Carbohydrate Day: Protein, healthy carbs, no/low fats
moderate carbohydrate Day: Slight increase in healthy carbs, protein
no carbohydrates Days this just means all carbs come from vegetables. add healthy fats
Here are some links for the basics of how this works...Ignore the trainers muscles ..Yes, he's ripped.
[/url] https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm
To calculate your calories and macros specifically by sex, height, weight exercise level

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using  BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, chubbsey1 said:

just updated what my carb cycle looks like...

Weight loss is slower than I had imagined it would be, but wow, I am getting stronger.... and while I stalled in December, I am back to losing again. AT least I didn't gain!

I am starting to see the return of that toned look, I just need to lose more fat! The workouts are incredible, I premake my meals and have gotten so into cooking, enjoying creative dishes, and then freeze for "tv dinners"that are made from great ingredients. IT is really quite a switch - no more relying on sandwich meat, cheese and a pickle for lunch - I am actually enjoying food. I challenge myself to take delish recipes and make them a bit lower calorie. Example, some dishes that the recipe has you dump in like a cup of heavy cream - instead I use zero fat greek yogurt. Sure, it isn't exactly the same, but I have been feeding other people according to my plan and everyone says "this doesn't taste like diet food - it tastes good!"

The other thing I am doing is to be sure to actually eat the full amount. I sometimes slide into that whole "if I starve myself...blah blah". With this program, it is all about firing up the metabolism with the intense (and do I mean INTENSE!) workouts and then fueling it with adequate, high quality food.

Anyway, if I buckled down a bit harder and totally gave up wine and going out to restaurants with friends, the progress would be faster. I have decided that mentally/emotionally - I am not in a space to really hit it that hard, so I am settling for slow, but measurable progress. It's awesome to not be hungry, to be truly satiated with food and to be excited about working out. I have decided those things are more important for me than losing quickly.

High Carbohydrate Day: Protein, healthy carbs, no/low fats Veggies
moderate carbohydrate Day: Slight increase in healthy carbs, protein veggies
no carbohydrates Days this just means all carbs come from vegetables. protein add healthy fats
Wednesday no carb day- Hit my cutting calories 1100 to 1300 -130g protein 55g carbs add avocado and fats etc
Thursday high carb day: Hit my maintenance calories 1400 to 1900 -carbs 230g - protein 143g
Friday - no carb day- Hit my cutting calories 1100 to 1300 -130g protein 55g carbs add avocado and fats etc
Saturday no carb day- Hit my cutting calories 1100 to 1300 -130g protein 55g carbs add avocado and fats etc
Sunday - Moderate carb day 1100 to 1300 calories 75g to 100g carbs 130g protien
[/url] https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm

That’s a fantastic calorie and macro counter thank you