Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 7 months past my surgery date, and I've lost 80 pounds. I am a solid size 10, but I would honestly be a size 8 if I didn't have a ton of skin on my belly. I have some around my thighs, arms too, but not as bad as my belly. I know I will have to lose about 20 more pounds in order to get skin surgery and my boobs lifted and I'm okay with that. I know it will be a process.

But my arms, inner thighs and my booty! I have no booty any longer. None. I'm in the gym daily doing squats with weights and walking on that damn stair mill. Ugh! And I'm lifting weights, working on my inner thighs with all kinds of torture machines. It's hell.

My tummy will shrink more, after 20 or 30 more lbs and I know surgery is inevitable there, but does anyone have any booty, arms or thighs/legs success stories? I'd love some encouragement.

Thanks!!

Ok, so I am the same way. I have at least 20 lbs of excess skin on my thighs, tummy and arms. I thought I would hate it, I thought i would be repulsed by my own body. But something crazy happened...I LOVED my sagging skin!!!!! Every time I see it I see all my hours, days, weeks months, years of hard work, dedication and commitment. I think back to me weight 375 lbs and how I hated every inch of my body, how horrible I looked. Now, when I bend over I have this waterfall of skin that cascades down...that used to be filled with Fat and Self-Loathing. Now? I LOVE me, I LOVE how hard I've worked. Yes, I want to have the skin removed - but the cost is high, I'm in debt, it will take years to be able to afford it. I realized how much I loved that ugly sagging skin. Every inch of it is proof of my success. Every shake and waddle is confirmation that I've deflated myself, I can ride a rollercoaster, I can weave my way in and out of seats and tables at a restaurant, I can walk past a mirror or window and really like what I see!!

My extra skin, which I was so scared of, which I was sure I hate, it's now a badge of pride for me. I wear sleeveless shirts now, I wear skirts with tights. I am LOVING my body. It's not perfect, some might think the extra skin is gross...well, if they do they aren't for me. I am so proud of what I've accomplished and I think everyone who loves me or cares about me should be as well. It's proof of what I've done.

Sure, I'd love to look like a model or not have that extra 20lbs on my belly and thighs hanging down - but I love who I've become way more. I apply cocoa butter to my body - toes to nose basically - everyday. That has helped heal the stretch marks and keep the skin supple. I try to love my skin, to run my hands all over it every day, because it's my evidence of how much I kick ass.

@DianeJarrettand

@LittleLizzieLilliput, ladies, I get where you both are coming from. Like both of you, I have lots of saggy, loose skin in different areas. Tons of it on my tummy. Very thin waistline, but the lower abdomen...oh boy, does it ever hang and droop there. I could probably wear a 10 or 12 if not for the lower abdomen area, but a 14 is fine. At least I don't wear a size 28 or 5x anymore! Yay!

But, I honestly do not even care about the skin! Like LLL, I am proud to wear this skin, even though it is swinging to and fro. Stuff it in some nice stretchy jeans with a touch of spandex, or really anything else, and I look pretty darn good! I am just thrilled with the way I look, loose skin and all...happy that I've been able to make it this far. I do look back and think, geez, I used to be 334 lbs! I've lost a whole (small) person! I can do so many things I couldn't do before...loose skin...pffft!

No, will never get any plastics. Nothing wrong with wanting plastics, just not my cup 'o tea.

We're doing awesome ladies! Congratulations to you both.

Ladies, I mightily admire you for embracing your extra skin. I think that is fantastic. But I am not in your head space at all. I just had a big breakup with my guy and I will, someday, be showing this body (hopefully) to someone else. I don't want them to see my boobs down to my knees and my stomach too. My arms and legs, I'm hoping I can fix, and my booty too. I will eventually get boobs lifted and the tummy tucked, I know that. I have to do that for me. I am not as confident as you both are without it.

Has anyone else gotten their arms, legs and booty back?

Hi! Well... before surgery I had a very flat butt- have had one all my life really--- I have been doing pure barre for about a year now and I have a butt now that I love ! ( it's all muscle ) my arms look pretty good too from that class ( los of push-ups ) ... one my inner thigh when I am standing looking has a little extra skin and there not a thing outside of surgery to fix that ( I don't think) .... so I will just live with that part.

20 hours ago, DianeJarrett said:

Ladies, I mightily admire you for embracing your extra skin. I think that is fantastic. But I am not in your head space at all. I just had a big breakup with my guy and I will, someday, be showing this body (hopefully) to someone else. I don't want them to see my boobs down to my knees and my stomach too. My arms and legs, I'm hoping I can fix, and my booty too. I will eventually get boobs lifted and the tummy tucked, I know that. I have to do that for me. I am not as confident as you both are without it.

Has anyone else gotten their arms, legs and booty back?

I'm with you! I have a small amount of extra skin but in my research it takes the skin an additional year after being at a stable weight to recover. If it still bothers me then I will look at plastic surgery options.

Check out the plastic surgery board, theres a lot of women who have posted their experiences with pictures. It has been very helpful for me to know what my expectations should be if I make that step. It's your journey, and your body so you need to do what makes you happy! Best of luck!

Anyone in their 40's or 50's who have lost over 100 pounds able to tighten their skin to a decent degree without surgery? I know nutrition is key, Water and strength training. I also know sometimes it takes a year or two after losing that much. Any positive stories out there or is surgery inevitable?

Well I once lost over 100 lbs when I was 45. Didn't keep it off which brought me to surgery. However, at that time I didn't have any loose skin. I am hoping for similar results now that I am 57. Not sure though because it was easier to maintain muscle then. Now it is much harder. I am 55 lbs down and have nothing to report. Maybe in a few months. Have quite wrapped my head around the excess skin possibility.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Fellas get loose skin, too!

The skin around my belly button is sort of crinkly-looking and weird. It feels like a plastic bag with bits of loose ground meat scattered in it. And the belly button itself sort of pinches it up in the middle, so it's like it's divided into two separate bags of loose skin. I also have loose skin under my arms. My thighs aren't there yet, but they feel just like my belly and arms did before they turned to loose skin. It's like right before I get to the loose skin stage, I have a sort of jiggle stage where the fat stops pushing everything taut and then everything jiggles much more. So I guess that's next.

I didn't even go through with surgery yet (my date is 28 Feb) but I already KNOW I will have to have a breast lift/augmentation and a Tummy Tuck, for sure. I just wish I could accept my body flaws and all. I envy people who are able to. It's already saggy when I'm fat, can't even imagine what it will look like once I have lost all the weight. Luckily, my legs and thighs are great. I have very fat upper arms but they're firm for now, who knows how they'll turn out. Scars from the surgeries wouldn't bother me in the least, as I would have dressed more modestly to cover up the flabbiness anyway.

I've lost 225 pounds. I have some loose skin on my upper arms, belly, and inner thighs. That being said, for a man that has lost as much weight as me, it isn't that bad at all. My ex and I broke up after 8+ years in July, so I have been dating/hooking up/hanging out since, and I have never had a complaint. The only conversation it brings about (usually at humorous times) is about the fact that I had obviously lost a lot of weight. (And this is in the gay world, so that says something...)

I have a big block of stock from my work that matures in the summer. I'm considering using the proceeds to fund plastics, but I am not sure that I really need it. It would be great and all, but I have absolutely no issues with my body as it is.

Each person is unique and this is a very personal issue and decision...