Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dog Lovers

My corgi rescues! Izzy and Sophie!

image-0.00905990600585938.jpg

image-0.00596046447753906.jpg

What sweeties they are and I bet you are the dog mommy of 5heir pack÷

Murphy snoozing on my lap as it pours outside. Going to a concert tonight: Little Feat (LOL, we are old...)

murphy sleep.jpg

Edited by Apple203

Ahhhh! Seeing all these sweet, beautiful babies makes me so jealous! I haven't had a dog in two years, and have been just itching to get one. Not sure if my kitty would like not being an only child though. :lol:

Here is Ruby, we rescued her from a very bad situation. She was severely malnourished, she's between 3 and 4 years old, supposed to be a full blood AKC registered French Mastiff (aka Dogue de Bordeaux). She's got some skin issues we are working on and she was almost half the weight she should have been, breed standard for both male and female French Mastiffs are 120-140 lbs... she was 68 lbs when we took her to the vet, 2 days after she moved in with us and started eating better. She's still skin and bones, and VERY skittish and nervous, but she's coming along nicely. Lots of constant positive reinforcement and care. She's in heat too, which sucks because good lord she bleeds a lot!Ruby.jpg.b7ef358e8ad39a2298054aa900859954.jpg

Edited by Matt Z

7 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Here is Ruby, we rescued her from a very bad situation. She was severely malnourished, she's between 3 and 4 years old, supposed to be a full blood AKC registered French Mastiff (aka Dogue de Bordeaux). She's got some skin issues we are working on and she was almost half the weight she should have been, breed standard for both male and female French Mastiffs are 120-140 lbs... she was 68 lbs when we took her to the vet, 2 days after she moved in with us and started eating better. She's still skin and bones, and VERY skittish and nervous, but she's coming along nicely. Lots of constant positive reinforcement and care. She's in heat too, which sucks because good lord she bleeds a lot!Ruby.jpg.b7ef358e8ad39a2298054aa900859954.jpg

I love mastiffs! She's beautiful. It's so sad when these sweet, innocent beings are mistreated.

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I love mastiffs! She's beautiful. It's so sad when these sweet, innocent beings are mistreated.

She's my first Mastiff... and she's a slug with a small side of ham. I'm sure she'll get more hammy as she starts feeling better and getting used to how we do things in my pack. It's funny, she's started to try to play with my Rough Collies, but the collies are more into the herding games and playing tag, or keep away (they play this themselves and I've even watched our older collie teach her younger sister how to play games) but they don't really do the tug of war stuff that Ruby is into... all games of tug of war go the same way, 5 seconds of tugging, then the collies release and expect you to run with the toy or to throw it so they can get it. Always LOL.

And what. a Sweet💔, wish I was in position to adopt. Folks, there are friends and cuties like her foster doggie at your local no-kill shelter. All they want is a forever family, a chance to love and be loved again!🐶
And the 😸kitties say🐺🐯🐱it's our time me-ow also! Love has 4🐾 paws.👣💌

Ruby is doing great, not sure of her weight at the moment, but she's certainly filling out nicely! Can't really see her ribs anymore which is great! She's also gotten very comfortable with us all, although she still startles easily when someone raises their voice, even to yell upstairs to the kids... she gets worried that she's in trouble. But she gets constant love and attention so she's getting over her little quirks. Sadly French Mastiffs typically only live 5-8 years and Ruby is 4. I'm just glad her troubles are over, just need to get her fixed and we'll be done with the expensive stuff for now, 6 weeks of her being in heat/in season was horrible to deal with, so, much, blood!44566141_10155930512362194_472375982276214784_n.thumb.jpg.3d2821eba74954cafaf1261856e16067.jpg

I love my puppers. My German Shepherd is Kato. He’s my baby boy. The Siberian Husky is Sasha. She’s a brat but I love her!

2225D9D1-E802-4885-9FE2-E59F48EAEFDD.jpeg

A087820A-3F5E-46D0-BC28-B884E2E17FC3.jpeg

Here’s my beautiful Bernie! He’s going to miss me when I go back to work!!

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

Lilly our Boston Terrier. She is a rescue we got lucky finding. She was with two other families before we got her. First was an older couple where the guy was supposedly abusive. The 2nd was a single dad and was never home. She was 2 when we got her, now 6 and spoiled rotten.

Rocky our Akita is sort of a rescue. I got him when he was just over 1 year old from a family that could not handle such a big rambunctious dog. They posted him on CraigsList and were about to turn him into the pound if they coudln't find someone to take him. He was left alone a lot and is very loud. I think they got tired of cleaning up after him and his loud barking and playfullness. He's very sweet but has no idea he is not a small dog. He's now 2.5 years old.

20180526_182302.jpg

20181024_134943.jpg

This is Abby Rose our 3 year old English bulldog. She has been my nurse this week since I had my surgery on 10/18. She won’t leave my side.

image-0.0209808349609375.jpg