Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not a fan of the slow thing but I have to trust that my body is doing what is needed. I'm following directions and I get to the gym 6-7 times a week. I ask myself, am I building muscle? Is that why the scale's not doing anything or much of anything? But, I can see and feel the changes. My gym buddy who's been away told me she could see the difference. I get that we plateau but it is frustrating when you can see the numbers. There's definitely more calories being burned than being consumed. Sigh. I'm not giving up. I feel good and I can reach things more easily...even silly things like tying my shoelaces or my toes! I feel like I'm being liberated!

On 1/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, Msmexy said:

Its so slow it makes me want to cry at times! i started at 297 and was 284 pre-op and I'm now 252 and tomorrow is 4 months!! Getting frustrated!

I am right with you! My scale hasn't budged since surgery almost a month ago! Males me want to cry!

I don’t seem to be a particularly fast loser either , 231 on surgery date of 12/20 and 202 yesterday . But I Feel great and my BMI is about 31 so I figure it will get harder as I get closer to goal , I am about 35lbs from goal . My nut suggested drinking cucumber war to try to flush the fat

I am a slow loser. I had vsg in 7/17 and I have only lost 55lbs. I have also had 3 additional surgeries, hernia, 12/17, appendix ruptured 8/18 and another hernia repair11/18. Lots of inches lost and I am getting stronger. I barely eat 900 -1000 calories a day. Drink lots of Water, do not eat bread, Pasta, or sugar. I just think my body has been thru a lot and just going to take time. Luckily my surgeon is very supportive. I have went back to 2 Protein Shakes and salad with tuna, chicken or shrimp. I am hoping my body really kicks in. I am not going to fight the process, cuz I am very thankful for how far I have come. I was never a big eater, didnt drink soda and didnt eat fast food. I just keep working it. Clothes fit better and I do remember being told, we don't buy clothes by the pound but by the inch. 🤣🤣🤣🤗

I am a slow loser as well. I have hypothyroidism so slow losing is pretty common with me. While I have been disappointed, I have to remember to keep on track. Have I gotten off track? Yes but as long as I correct and gain focus. I know that I (like everyone else) can do this. 😁

Yes, me too, but I keep telling myself that slow and steady wins the race. I'm at 21 pounds lost at 8 weeks post-op and I had a stall for 2 weeks during Weeks 4 and 5 when transitioning from liquids to soft foods

Yes, I'm with you both GradyCat and GreenTealael. I haven't updated my weight yet but 21 lbs at 8 weeks is true for me as well. And slow and steady works for me too because that's better than no change at all. I'm hoping it helps with the skin thing down the road as well - we'll see. Otherwise, I think I might become a flying squirrel or something. But this is about the rest of my life and getting off the extra person that I've been carrying around is my goal. Also, my hope is with the slow and steady is that the good habits will be even more firmly entrenched for the future.

I am five months post op and only down 43lbs. The scale has not moved in over two months no matter what I have done. Exercise, Protein, sleep the scale won't move but I have lost a lot of inches because I was in a 26/28 pants and now in a 16/18. I still think I should be past 50lbs. My surgeon wanted me to have the bypass and I refused. At my three month check up he said I was right where I should be but I don't think so. I really am just glad that I am not out of breath anymore. I am doing more things and not coming home from work and getting in my bed to veg out and watch tv. I haven't changed my ticker because I barely come on here. Just being nosey I guess. lol I lost my mom in October all of sudden for no reason so I really have not cared about much of anything else.

Edited by iluvbears42@yahoo.com

I’ve found it best not to compare myself to other people in this and most areas of life.

JessLess I agree with you. This is my journey and it won’t be like anyone else ‘s journey. Comparing will only put more pressure on me and I don’t need it.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, iluvbears42@yahoo.com said:

I am five months post op and only down 43lbs. The scale has not moved in over two months no matter what I have done. Exercise, Protein, sleep the scale won't move but I have lost a lot of inches because I was in a 26/28 pants and now in a 16/18. I still think I should be past 50lbs. My surgeon wanted me to have the bypass and I refused. At my three month check up he said I was right where I should be but I don't think so. I really am just glad that I am not out of breath anymore. I am doing more things and not coming home from work and getting in my bed to veg out and watch tv. I haven't changed my ticker because I barely come on here. Just being nosey I guess. lol I lost my mom in October all of sudden for no reason so I really have not cared about much of anything else.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. Take time to heal .... It is good to hear I am not alone with the slow losing. I feel like you, it has changed my life in that I am so much more active then I had been in years. I also feel like to go slow gives me time to stay on track and make these changes permanent as well as hoping it's better on the extra skin. I do know I am losing inches. Today I went and bought a new pair of pants cuz I thought mine felt loose. Turns out I was wearing a 16/18 and bought a pair of 12/14 !!! They fit!!! Inches are coming off and that is a good thing. No ones journey is the same but it does help to hear from other slow losers. Its going to take time but I will get there!!

I’m not seeing the numbers drop like I had hoped either. My surgeon is fantastic and when I saw him one week post op (surgery was 1/21) I asked if I was on track. He said he didn’t care what my weight was that day. He cares what it is in 10 years. (I really love my surgeon and team). Now I’ve hit I guess what everyone calls the 3 week stall. BUT as a was tracking my food this morning I checked my graph for weight. From my highest a few years ago I’m down over 30 lbs. That encouraged me. Slow and steady wins the race. But in my heart of hearts I SO WANT to see that scale move dag nabbit!!

I’m not seeing the numbers drop like I had hoped either. My surgeon is fantastic and when I saw him one week post op (surgery was 1/21) I asked if I was on track. He said he didn’t care what my weight was that day. He cares what it is in 10 years. (I really love my surgeon and team). Now I’ve hit I guess what everyone calls the 3 week stall. BUT as a was tracking my food this morning I checked my graph for weight. From my highest a few years ago I’m down over 30 lbs. That encouraged me. Slow and steady wins the race. But in my heart of hearts I SO WANT to see that scale move dag nabbit!!
Oh I think I love your team too!