Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February bypass buddies?

Had rny 2/9
The night before I was 367
Tonight I am 334

Dang all of you little knuckleheads have done super!! Congrats on the weight loss and feeling so goood post surgery!!!

Planned on revision from lap band to bypass but got revised to a VSG sleeve instead, doctor insisted. 2/27/18.

HW 315

After dieting, and preop diet presurgery- 302

today- 288

goal- as healthy as I can get with God’s will

Hello all!!!! Hope everyone is well. Tonight, I am craving so I figure I would ask what is everyone looking forward to eating within the current phase or next phase? I want some shrimp lol more specifically spicy Cajun shrimp. I am on the soft food phase but won’t dare touch it just yet. I am giving it some more time. I just want something spicy haha :)

So, I had my bypass feb 13/18. Just wanted to check in with feb bypass people and see if you are experiencing the same things I am:

I apparently no longer like chocolate chip cookies- they used to be my kryptonite but now they just taste blah —anyone else’s taste buds randomly changed?

I can’t seem to vomit (although I can regurgitate if I eat something that doesn’t agree with me- so far it has just been pork tenderloin and rice). I got the flu about 3 days ago and had to spend a night in the hospital getting rehydrated. I would dry heave and **** myself. Nothing would come up with the vomiting though so I never got any relief. Anyone else not able to vomit?

losing about a 1 lbs a day but having a lot of trouble meeting my Protein goals- anyone going through something similar?

So, I had my bypass feb 13/18. Just wanted to check in with feb bypass people and see if you are experiencing the same things I am:
I apparently no longer like chocolate chip cookies- they used to be my kryptonite but now they just taste blah —anyone else’s taste buds randomly changed?
I can’t seem to vomit (although I can regurgitate if I eat something that doesn’t agree with me- so far it has just been pork tenderloin and rice). I got the flu about 3 days ago and had to spend a night in the hospital getting rehydrated. I would dry heave and **** myself. Nothing would come up with the vomiting though so I never got any relief. Anyone else not able to vomit?
losing about a 1 lbs a day but having a lot of trouble meeting my Protein goals- anyone going through something similar?

Hey sorry to hear that. I have issues vomiting and it hurts very badly. Why are you vomiting is it because food doesn’t agree with you or maybe you drank to fast or ate to fast? Just mark it off your list to not be able to eat it if it is food wise. We really shouldn’t be having chocolate chip Cookies or anything sugary. If sugar is your weakness, mainly because it is mine, the alternatives. I ordered some items from Bariatric pal as treats (not that I’m a pet) to give myself every once in a while. Check it out or try your local nutrition store like Vitamin Shoppe or GNC. I am post RNY 2/7/18 and had my one month visit today officially 18.7lbs down. Just be very careful and mindful of the things you try. You don’t want to give yourself a bowel obstruction or hurt your new stomach. No one likes hospital stays. As for the vomiting, we don’t vomit like we use to because we lack stomach juices so the acid that helps dissolve our food is not really in our new stomach so vomiting at least for me is very painful because it comes back up the way I chewed it down. Hope it gets better. Food is secondary, make sure you always start your day with a bottle of Water then hit your Protein source. Vitamins, H2O, Protein is what you need. All I can say is go with what you like weather it is eggs, yogurt, milk, cheese, Beans, eat what you like the most and try to meet your goals. As long as you try everyday your hardest, you can accomplish it.

Three weeks post-op as of today, and down 31.4 pounds since surgery day (though I came home roughly 7 pounds heavier due to fluids/gas, so technically I've lost about 38).

Amazingly, no nausea/vomiting so far, though I occasionally get air bubbles.

Started soft foods today, finally. Puree stage was a week of hell (even liquid stage was better) because I'm big on texture and can only tolerate certain things in the puree texture. Two weeks until I can start with regular foods again.

Updated my profile/status with post-op highlights that I intend to keep updating periodically, if anyone's interested.

Congrats!!! Keep up the great work!!!

3 weeks post op today. Bathroom has been my biggest challenge. Really pushing those fluids.

Starting weight nov 2016 256lbs

Today 215lbs

Preop weight was 243lb

Wish things were moving faster but im still very pleased

Are we gonna do our Wednesday Weigh-ins tomorrow? Or just do freestyle? Inquiring minds and all. :D