Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8years with my lap-band

Hello everyone! I'm Christina I've had my lapband 8years. Haven't had any problems till after a year ago maybe two I've had two kids while having my band I never gained out of control while pregnant both times but recently I've been having alot of vomiting can't keep anything down not even fluids I've been to the emergency room, I've been having pain where my band is located and I'm looking to get it removed and possibly getting a gastric sleeve. Feeling a little discourage like I let myself down. Starting weight was over 300 got down to 189 before my kids now I'm at 220 after having two kids.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have had mine 8 yrs as well and started having abdominal pain at band site and intestinal inflammation. The upper GI found there is no restriction, but fortunately no internal damage. I find out this week what happens next. I also gained after my last child and weigh more than my pre-op weight. I am right there with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

I had issues with my band slipping which ended up with hospital stays, which means that all Fluid had to be taken out, wait a few months then start slowing filling again, after the last slippage Dr suggested sleeve. Had to fight insurance for it because of my BMI at the time but between my Dr and myself it was approved and had sleeve done in Sept 2016, best decision I ever made. Have lost 55 lbs, feel so much better, way more active. Older than you ladies, but took early retirement in Sept 2017 to take care of my new grandson. Don’t think I would have been able to do it without having the sleeve done. If you are able to get it done I would check with your Dr and your insurance.

I had issues with my band slipping which ended up with hospital stays, which means that all Fluid had to be taken out, wait a few months then start slowing filling again, after the last slippage Dr suggested sleeve. Had to fight insurance for it because of my BMI at the time but between my Dr and myself it was approved and had sleeve done in Sept 2016, best decision I ever made. Have lost 55 lbs, feel so much better, way more active. Older than you ladies, but took early retirement in Sept 2017 to take care of my new grandson. Don’t think I would have been able to do it without having the sleeve done. If you are able to get it done I would check with your Dr and your insurance.

Wow well congratulations! I was debating between sleeve and band . I’ve heard so many great things about the sleeve. I’m currently in the early stages getting evaluations and attending nutrition classes.

You can still gain weight back with the sleeve but it is probably the best option for eating "normally"