Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have a date for my Brachioplasty

I finally have a date for my Brachioplasty for Feb 12. Most of the surgery post op pictures I see are the upper arm not below the elbow and the side under armpit skin. My excess skin goes to my wrist and even though I have had breast reduction I still have a lot of side skin under the armpit. Has anyone had excess skin removed on their arms beyond the elbow and under the armpit skin when they had the Brachioplasty surgery? I see the surgeon on Jan 29th for the preop visit and want to be sure he really understands what I want done and can indeed do what I want. Are there special names to what I am wanting beyond a Brachioplasty? Does anyone have before and after pictures of the type of Excess skin removal I am needing? If so, would you please show them to me either privately or on in the thread. Thanks so much.

I think it's just called an extended brachioplasty. Here's a post from real self with before and after pictures.

https://www.realself.com/review/el-paso-tx-30-yr-extended-arm-lift-breast-lift-amp-augmentation-separate-review?tags=9580&offset=0&sle=0#

Let me know how it goes. I am considering the exact same procedure myself.

Interesting!! Let us know what happens a consult. Incorporating sides is my hope. My PS is pushing a bra line instead.

Surgeon will not do an extended brachioplasty to my wrist as it is too dangerous. He said the swelling moves downward and it would go to my hands and there is possible nerve damage with doing it down to my wrist in the same surgery. WIll have to have lower forearm surgery after Brachioplasty.

However may not even being having this surgery on the 12th as planned. Went on the 26th to PCP for pre op testing. Over 20 poeple in the waiting room 4 of whom were coughing, sneezes and spewling germs everywhere. I had to wait over an hour to be seen for testing. I told Dr I now probably will become sick and less than 4 days later I was. I told her she better give me meds as I am not coming back there to get even sicker. She did but as of Feb 4th no better, so I doubt this surgery will happen. This is so unfair. Why don't they put those truly sick people in another room instead of making the others waiting become sick as well. Am so angry and upset.

17 minutes ago, ssflbelle said:

doubt this surgery will happen. . angry and upset.

can only imagine the hoops you have jumped through

in your whole PS voyage

you have gone through so much dealing with PS

but you WILL have extended brachioplasty to wrist

eventually, right??

hope things will turn around and you will have good news

about PS, sooner than later!!!

Fingers and toes crossed

good luck:rolleyes:

kathy

3 minutes ago, proudgrammy said:

can only imagine the hoops you have jumped through

in your whole PS voyage

you have gone through so much dealing with PS

but you WILL have extended brachioplasty to wrist

eventually, right??

hope things will turn around and you will have good news

about PS, sooner than later!!!

Fingers and toes crossed

good luck:rolleyes:

kathy

Even if I do manage to get well before the cut off date to cancel surgery the Surgeon will not do an extended brachioplasty to my wrist as it is too dangerous.

;

14 minutes ago, proudgrammy said:

@ssflbelle

Even if I do manage to get well before the cut off date to cancel surgery the Surgeon will not do an extended brachioplasty to my wrist as it is too dangerous.

oh no - can't imagine your angry thoughts you are dealing with

you don't deserve this!!!

I'm so sorry

no helpful platitudes i will/ can say

kathy:wacko:

Kathy This is my own fault as being 497 pounds I stretched my skin to its limit. The surgeon did say he would not go below the elbow but will try to pull what ever skin up from the forearm that he can. If I am not happy he will have to do an additional forearm surgery at a later date. My breast reduction was not exactly as I had hoped either thus I didn't post pictures anywhere. I have to keep in mind I am 62, have many other physical problems and probably will not see another romantic relationship in my life time, so I will not need to worry how I look naked. I will just deal with whatever PS results I have when all is said and done come 2020.

this is my own fault as being 497 pounds I stretched my skin to its limit.

the word FAULT is irrelevant

like you, peep on this board have

all become heavy. move forward

and go on. (easier said then done)

you are so so successful.

you have lost 286 lbs.

amazing!!

sorry you are dealing with more problems

kathy:wacko:

oooooops

double posted twice and deleted

Ssflbelle I am so proud of you. If I could,i would give you a great big hug and I give world class hugs if I do say so myself. You have come so far without giving up and your journey still continues. Remember your Bari pals have your back in whatever life deals out. Best wishes,my friend.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m having shoulder to elbow brachioplasty now. If surgeon feels I have excessive side boob he will extends the incision down past the armpit and along the side in what he calls an S cut. I too have flabby forearms. He said doing the entire arms at once is extremely risky due to massive arm swelling and high risk for nerve damage, and said he can do the lower arms at a later date. Hope this helps!

Well it is official the surgery is posponed, I am too sick and the Dr will not do the surgery. :57_cry:

How disappointing for you! Hang in there and feel better soon. Sending hugs your way.

15 hours ago, ssflbelle said:

surgery is posponed, Dr will not do the surgery. :57_cry:

:(

kathy