Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery nov 6th and I've lost 75lbs so far.. the family all wants to get pizza for supper tonight but ive been really good and haven't been eating carbs since the surgery. What does everyone think about me having one slice of pizza tonight?? would that ruin everything for me???

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Was pizza a trigger food for you pre-op? I had a huge issue with carbs, and pizza was the biggest issue of my hoggish consumption, so I stay away from it, even at 16 months post-op. (That being said, I avoid most all carbs and only have about 20-25 grams per day.)

You'll probably be fine, but remember that pizza dough will expand in your stomach. If you must, you might consider just having the toppings or having some sort of thin crust pie.

When I go to pizza places with family and friends, I just get a salad. I've worked really hard to make those kind of gatherings more about spending time with people and not about the food consumed.

Have fun!

I'd probably get a salad and have a bite or two of hubby's pizza:)

Will the world end? Nope.

Is it the best thing for you? Nope.

it's a judgement call. You're allowed to be human, but be really careful about the slippery slope!

Also...if you do this? GO SLOW. Three or four bites, then wait fifteen minutes. It might be all you want.

1 hour ago, Patrick powers said:

I had my surgery nov 6th and I've lost 75lbs so far.. the family all wants to get pizza for supper tonight but ive been really good and haven't been eating carbs since the surgery. What does everyone think about me having one slice of pizza tonight?? would that ruin everything for me???

I think not if it doesn’t become a habit. Maybe even half of a slice. Nice job on the weight loss!

When I crave pizza I make this, but I substitute ricotta cheese for cream cheese. I also throw it under the broiler for the last few minutes of bake time to get it crispy on the edges. http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/03/wheres-crust-pizza.html?m=1
It totally satisfies my craving for pizza or Pasta and is unbelievably delicious. The options for toppings are endless. I threw roasted asparagus and turkey meatballs on top last week and it was heavenly.

Oh thank you so much that looks incredible im going to try making that as son as I can

I think you'll probably be fine, as long as it doesn't trigger you to keep eating it or eat a bunch of other stuff you shouldn't. If you do have it enjoy it!

Oh thank you so much that looks incredible im going to try making that as son as I can

You won’t regret it! I make a pan of it and it lasts me at least 4 meals. The best part is that no one else in the family has figured out how good it is yet so I have it all to myself!

Pizza...yum. I have one every now and then. It didn’t kill me nor did I let it make me feel guilty for eating it. Nor will I allow anyone else to tell me I’m “losing it” for having one. Enjoy a slice, or half, but that’s it.

Thanks everyone for the advice..i did eat two bites of a slice withk ham on it.. it was good but you know what I didn't have a problem stopping. Instead I'm fixing me about 3oz of shrimp

I’ve tolerated a square of plain cheese thin crust (think cracker crust) pizza from Domino’s, so it’s probably the case that the thinner the crust, the better.

Which sucks for me, living in Chicago.

When I tried a Keto diet last year, my wife made pizza using scrambled eggs for a crust, THAT was tasty.

There's a deep dish pizza place in the Chicago area (where I live) called Lou Malnati's that does a crustless deep dish. Basically, it's a Chicago style deep dish, but instead of a crust, the bottom is sausage. It's very good and has almost no carbs. If I plan for it by being VERY low calories in everything all day leading up to it, I can order a personal crustless while my family orders regular pizza. I eat half of that for dinner and the other half the next day. It gets me through.

I realize not everywhere has this as an option, but there are DIY crustless pizzas. I even saw a crustless pizza recipe for the crockpot the other day.

I eat the pizza Topping, I can’t eat salads or lettuce. Jealous of this that can eat salads!!

I just eat the toppings off a slice or two -- and have one bite of crust if it looks real good.