Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anybody have IEHP?

SoCal.

Sent from my iPhone

That’s awesome! May I ask how long was your recovery time? I’m leaning more towards the gastric bypass.

Sent from my iPhone

The bypass is a bit more complex than the sleeve, I went home the next day after surgery but I'm still recovering, I'm dealing with soreness and crazy gas pains out if this world. I would say it takes about 2-3 1/2 weeks to feel like yourself again, first couple weeks is hard to get down liquids because it hurts and at the same time you don't wanna get dehydrated so thats what I'm struggling with right now, but its getting better and better. Iehp makes u do a 6 month weight watchers program and a psych eval have u done that?

The gas thing my main worry, I hate the feeling now and I can’t imagine feeling it even more after surgery 🤔

iv done the 6mo WW and just finished the seminar, was scheduled for the consultation on the 31st of this month, what I’m confused about it the Physch evaluation, will the surgeon set all that up or will I need to go back to my primary for that referral? I was sent to Western bariatrics, appt is with DR Chin.

Yeah the pain wasn't as bad until now, its in my rib cage and when I breath in its feels like I'm being stabbed. But that's just me lol. Usually your surgeon's office will submit a referral to iehp for a psych eval and then iehp will send u the paper in the mail and either therapist will call you or either you will call them. after your eval if they approve for surgery they will send a letter to Ur Dr and then afterwards u prolly need to meet with a Nutritionist and when that's done the dr they will set up a date for you.

Can you use like gas x? Iv read a lot of people talking about using that for the gas.

Ahh [emoji108], I was feeling almost there but still a bit lost. Its Been a journey so far, almost 9 months since I started WW, just want to get there already. Appreciate the info Kat. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

Girl its a process! But you will get there, it takes time.

Don't take gas x!!! That's why I'm in the situation I'm in now, Ur Dr wants you to fart gas x stops it from coming out and then the gas builds up and u end up with painful trapped gas like mines! So don't do it lol.

Ur welcome for the info, if u have anymore questions my Instagram is Kat__me0w (spelled with a zero) or email me katb760@gmail.com

Good luck!