Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am new to the group. I had my sleeve done back in 2013 and am now going to get the DS-SIPS procedure. While i know this form of the procedure is fairly new, i know there has to be someone who can answer questions for me, or give me insight, that has had the surgery more than a year...at least two years i'm hoping! Everyone i talk to or have seen in this group just got the surgery, and the responses, rants, concerns, and results are all over the place, leaving me a bit cloudy minded to say the least, lol..

Just wondering:

*what are your feelings toward having the procedure done after a year or more? any regrets? why?

*Are you still having to take an insane amount of Vitamins as u did when u first got the surgery? does it seem like your nutritional values gets easier to maintain? or harder?

*are you able to drink liquor at all? have you traveled with your surgery? (i go to cancun every year, thats why i am asking about liquor, lol)

* wats the best pre-op diet? i hear many different responses to what diet they first give you right after surgery...

* have you had any health issues that you feel were a result of this surgery?

I ask that you please be VERY honest in answering any of these questions. While i know the surgery seems like a good option rite now,i just want to know if long term this will be a good option for me...thanks in advance for any help and advice anyone gives me at this point...

Hi, I haven't had my surgery yet but I wanted to welcome you!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

If you scroll down through this forum, you will see others who have had these same questions. You might get your questions answered through their posts.

On 1/12/2018 at 10:34 AM, Candace.johnson.smith said:

Hello, I am new to the group. I had my sleeve done back in 2013 and am now going to get the DS-SIPS procedure. While i know this form of the procedure is fairly new, i know there has to be someone who can answer questions for me, or give me insight, that has had the surgery more than a year...at least two years i'm hoping! Everyone i talk to or have seen in this group just got the surgery, and the responses, rants, concerns, and results are all over the place, leaving me a bit cloudy minded to say the least, lol..

Just wondering:

*what are your feelings toward having the procedure done after a year or more? any regrets? why?

*Are you still having to take an insane amount of Vitamins as u did when u first got the surgery? does it seem like your nutritional values gets easier to maintain? or harder?

*are you able to drink liquor at all? have you traveled with your surgery? (i go to cancun every year, thats why i am asking about liquor, lol)

* wats the best pre-op diet? i hear many different responses to what diet they first give you right after surgery...

* have you had any health issues that you feel were a result of this surgery?

I ask that you please be VERY honest in answering any of these questions. While i know the surgery seems like a good option rite now,i just want to know if long term this will be a good option for me...thanks in advance for any help and advice anyone gives me at this point...

I had my DS February 2017. Best decision I ever made. I think the procedure is about 10 years old but that’s new in healthcare 🤣.

The weight loss isn’t rapid but it’s steady and the long term success is better that’s why every gets revised to the DS.

I pop 4-5 times a day because 60% of you small intestines is bypassed so the route is shorter and it smells horrible. Like nothing I’ve smelled before and I’m a nurse. 🤣🤣🤣. Almost worst than gangrene. Almost.

With the DS the Vitamins and Protein intake in more because we are more at risks for malabsorption and malnutrition. I get the chewables.

Of course they tell you to wait to drink. Ask your MD but Its a little different drinking afterwards. If you drink be around family or friends that will care for you.

Oh fatty food are not your friend. You will see it later literally. If you decide to eat it anyway. Just don’t sleep on your favorite sheets 🤣🤣🤣. No lie.

But im no longer a diabetic. No htn. No cholesterol issues. Just crazy and you can’t fix that.

I did have my gallbladder removed and that was outpatient. Just meant I poop more. Invest in Imodium. Buy stock in it.

But like with anything you have to do your part and your body will do the rest. Good luck. Keep me posted.

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 4:49 PM, B_Lush77 said:

I had my DS February 2017. Best decision I ever made. I think the procedure is about 10 years old but that’s new in healthcare 🤣.

The weight loss isn’t rapid but it’s steady and the long term success is better that’s why every gets revised to the DS.

I pop 4-5 times a day because 60% of you small intestines is bypassed so the route is shorter and it smells horrible. Like nothing I’ve smelled before and I’m a nurse. 🤣🤣🤣. Almost worst than gangrene. Almost.

With the DS the Vitamins and Protein intake in more because we are more at risks for malabsorption and malnutrition. I get the chewables.

Of course they tell you to wait to drink. Ask your MD but Its a little different drinking afterwards. If you drink be around family or friends that will care for you.

Oh fatty food are not your friend. You will see it later literally. If you decide to eat it anyway. Just don’t sleep on your favorite sheets 🤣🤣🤣. No lie.

But im no longer a diabetic. No htn. No cholesterol issues. Just crazy and you can’t fix that.

I did have my gallbladder removed and that was outpatient. Just meant I poop more. Invest in Imodium. Buy stock in it.

But like with anything you have to do your part and your body will do the rest. Good luck. Keep me posted.

Thanks for sharing!

On 1/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, B_Lush77 said:

Hello there, did you have the traditional ds or sids/loop?