Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Weeks post op - I don’t want to do this anymore [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

How are you doing, @Brandi.? I would love to read an update from you if you're able. I hope you were able to get some help over the last couple of days and figure out what's wrong and get some relief. We're rooting for you.

11 hours ago, Little Green said:

How are you doing, @Brandi.? I would love to read an update from you if you're able. I hope you were able to get some help over the last couple of days and figure out what's wrong and get some relief. We're rooting for you.

Agreed Little Green, I'm curious how she is doing as well. I hope she's on the mend now!

Dang. Me too on the update. Saying prayers for relief Brandi!!!!

On 1/12/2018 at 1:37 PM, Brandi. said:

Thanks for all of the advice. I take my PPI twice a day as well. I’m going to switch to nexium to see if that will help. I’m also ordering the Unjury today in the chicken flavor and unflavored. I have tried so many different clear Proteins and my body just won’t accept them. They won’t stay down.

I’m trying to stay positive, but you know how it is when you’re just tired of being tired, weak from vomiting, and trying to maintain a normal self while working. It drains all of your positive vibes.

believe it or not but the generic for ranitidine works the best i have a hitana hernia that will get repaired when i get sleeved and i get buy it at costco even the wallmart one works great and believe me i get the burning wanting to throwup feeling and the generic brand works great

believe it or not but the generic for ranitidine works the best i have a hitana hernia that will get repaired when i get sleeved and i get buy it at costco even the wallmart one works great and believe me i get the burning wanting to throwup feeling and the generic brand works great

Just looking for an update. It sounds like your issues might be compounded by your Gallbladder. The inability to get thing down makes me think stricture as well but then knowing how bad Gallbladder pain can make you feel (having mine out 2/16/18) many of your symptoms could be attributed to that.

Also I found Protonix to work best for me. I took it for about 6 months and am now free from any PPI without any issues.

Hello everyone,
Monday I had another upper GI which did show I had a stricture. I was admitted into the hospital on Wednesday. Thursday they did an endoscopy with balloon to open the stricture. I was released yesterday (Saturday) since my vomiting and heartburn was under control.
So I’m out and I feel SO much better. I actually slept through the night last night and woke up early today.
The doctor did send me home on raglan and lorazepam to help everything move through my stomach.
My only issue now is figuring out what my stomach can handle so that I can meal prep for work this week.

Thank you all for checking in on me and getting me all of the great advice and support !!

Awesome! Glad they were able to do something

I'm so pleased some action was finally taken. I can't wait to see how you feel in a couple weeks of having a more normal experience. Wishing you a fast recovery and better days ahead:)

Yes! So glad you got an answer and corrective fix!!!

Brandi, I am so glad to see they did something! Glad it was found and taken care of! Congrats on the sleeping through the night! On to the road to recovery

SW 350 (11/15)
BSW 260 (10/17/17)
CW 223 (1/14/18)
RGW 199
GW 175

Yay!!! I'm so happy to read this update. Great job making it through everything, Brandi! :1300_clap_tone1:

I have been debating on posting all of this because I’m tired of living it day to day [emoji25]
I am 4 weeks post op and feel like this is the most horrible decision I’ve made. Here is a list of what has been going on :
- I am unable to drink anything other than Water and sometimes apple juice or popsicles. Anything thicker comes right back up. broth, flavored drinks, etc will not stay down.
- I have acid that brings me to tears and wakes me up at night (all night), it makes me feel like I’m going to vomit fire. I am currently taking Prilosec, Zantac, Carafate, and Magic Mouthwash.
- I’m exhausted because I’m not consuming any Protein or other nutrients. I’m exhausted because I try to sleep sitting straight up. Any incline makes the acid worse.
- I feel like there is a lump rising up right before I vomit and/or get the acid burn.
My doctor is aware of everything that is going on. He said I’m in a small percent that gets this really bad GERD or reflux and later down the road we might have to do a sleeve to bypass revision. I’m really not okay with that option because I had complications after the sleeve surgery. He isn’t really worried about my lack of nutrients at this point because I’m “only” 4 weeks out. I know guys, only four weeks, but in all honesty I’m miserable 24 hours a day. I have kids, I have a full time job, and I seriously can’t continue like this.
I was also told I now have sludge in my gallbladder so it may need to be removed later.
If anyone can relate to this or tell me it will all be okay I would really appreciate it. I’m at my breaking point and am very disappointed in myself for electing to have this surgery.

I had the same thing happen to me, plus I had a stricture. I had four EGD over 3 months to stretch out my esophagus. I am doing better now. Felt like I wanted to just end my life for a while there. I hated my decision to have the surgery. Now I eat small amounts and am doing better. Prilosec, carafate and reglan are my regulars.
It will get better. Hang in there. My surgery was in Sept 2017.

oh fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Great news, so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!