Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problem with too much weight loss?!

I started at 402 lbs had my surgery on April 04 2016. I am 5'8". I now weigh in at 122 lbs. I was in a size 26 I'm now in a 00. I have no loose skin, no Hair loss, (my doctor said I was a freak) lol but now he tells me I have gone into anorexic mode? Tells me I will continue to lose for at least another 6 months and could possibly continue..I am even on weight gainer and have been for 3 months with continued weight loss! Anyone else heard of this?! I'm worried!!!!

Wow, pics or it didn't happen! That's incredible! So your doctor wasn't concerned about that? I would certainly ask for some other kind of testing to make sure you're okay.

8 minutes ago, Brayrae said:

I started at 402 lbs had my surgery on April 04 2016. I am 5'8". I now weigh in at 122 lbs. I was in a size 26 I'm now in a 00. I have no loose skin, no hair loss, (my doctor said I was a freak) lol but now he tells me I have gone into anorexic mode? Tells me I will continue to lose for at least another 6 months and could possibly continue..I am even on weight gainer and have been for 3 months with continued weight loss! Anyone else heard of this?! I'm worried!!!!

BMI of 18. He is telling you you are going to continue to lose weight for the next 6 months. Does he have you on a supervised weight gain? Over the shelf weight gainer or medical grade? What are his instructions?

57 minutes ago, fruitandveggies said:

Wow, pics or it didn't happen!

That's what I am thinking as well. 400lbs to 200lbs would leave anyone with excessive skin. 400lbs to 122lbs would be enough excess skin to cover another person. Hell, you could make a leather vest and chaps out of that much excess skin!

1 hour ago, Brayrae said:

I started at 402 lbs had my surgery on April 04 2016. I am 5'8". I now weigh in at 122 lbs. I was in a size 26 I'm now in a 00. I have no loose skin, no hair loss, (my doctor said I was a freak) lol but now he tells me I have gone into anorexic mode? Tells me I will continue to lose for at least another 6 months and could possibly continue..I am even on weight gainer and have been for 3 months with continued weight loss! Anyone else heard of this?! I'm worried!!!!

Yeah let’s see it to believe it.

Edited by Heisenberg

I read research where some RNY patients had to have it reversed due to too much weight loss. But as far as the no loose skin after losing nearly 300 lbs.... well....a picture is worth a thousand words! :)

Too much weight loss happened to my dad after the rny. He went from 350 to 150. He also had to put some weight back on. LOTS of extra skin though, finding it hard to believe you don't have any. I've had the sleeve and down 100 pounds and joke now that i have wings where my arms used to be... "i believe i can fly"

This question was posted by someone who just joined and this has been their only post. I suggest we wait for pictures or more info. Just doesn't add up.

11 hours ago, Brayrae said:

This post reeks of b.s.

There's no way you lose 280 pounds and have no loose skin.

Troll alert folks.

I'm sorry you feel I am a troll but this is the truth. I came here for help information and support

20171219_145012-COLLAGE.jpg

2 minutes ago, Brayrae said:

20171219_145012-COLLAGE.jpg

Here are my pics...now you see why I am worried.....

My bariatric doctor says I could be in the 1percentil that goes into anorexic mode....wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this? I wasn't informed this Could even happen!