Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so lost right now!

Hi y'all.

I would like to know if anyone else has, or have had, the same thoughts as I. I'm so confused, and I've been overthinking this hole surgery thing. I just want to talk it off and hear if there's anyone else.

I'm soon to be sleeved, only waiting for a date now. And now suddenly I'm in doubt ('cause I'm scared). I've been thinking things like "will it really help me?", "can I really pull this off?", and "what if I just tried low-carb diet one last time..?". I'm so worried that I will fail to loose weight, and that I will missbehave when I'm sleeved. I have never been in doubt before, but now when it's so close... damn! I hate this.

Is it normal to have doubt before undergoing life changing surgery? When will it go away?

Totally normal to have doubts before surgery... Also totally normal to have buyer's regret every once in a while for the first few weeks after surgery...

This too shall pass and 6 months after surgery you'll wonder why you waited so long to do it.

Sure we can all lose weight on our own but most of us gain it back plus more every time. This is a whole complete change that forces us to eat less and make better choices.

Can we cheat? Yes. Can we gain it back? Yes. There is no 100% fail proof magic fix. But this is an opportunity to get yourself healthy and stay there because you can only eat small portions and then your full.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, TheNewMrsR said:

Totally normal to have doubts before surgery... Also totally normal to have buyer's regret every once in a while for the first few weeks after surgery...

This too shall pass and 6 months after surgery you'll wonder why you waited so long to do it.

Sure we can all lose weight on our own but most of us gain it back plus more every time. This is a whole complete change that forces us to eat less and make better choices.

Can we cheat? Yes. Can we gain it back? Yes. There is no 100% fail proof magic fix. But this is an opportunity to get yourself healthy and stay there because you can only eat small portions and then your full.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

All of this.

Think the majority of us start to second guess ourselves at the last minute (myself included). As crazy as it seemed prior to surgery I can see how easy it would be start cheating and doing things that would easily cause me to gain weight again. The biggest eye opener for me was realizing how much of this is a mental fight. Head hunger can be a real s.o.b. and you have to come to terms with it. No matter how tiny a stomach we have head hunger will make you think that you need to eat when you really don't.

Personally I think it's better for people to have this bit of freak out and second guess things. It's a good time to reflect on what you expect out of this surgery and the changes that come with it. I won't lie and say the first few weeks are easy (for some it is, others it's tough) but it was totally worth it.

Hi y'all.
I would like to know if anyone else has, or have had, the same thoughts as I. I'm so confused, and I've been overthinking this hole surgery thing. I just want to talk it off and hear if there's anyone else.
I'm soon to be sleeved, only waiting for a date now. And now suddenly I'm in doubt ('cause I'm scared). I've been thinking things like "will it really help me?", "can I really pull this off?", and "what if I just tried low-carb diet one last time..?". I'm so worried that I will fail to loose weight, and that I will missbehave when I'm sleeved. I have never been in doubt before, but now when it's so close... damn! I hate this.
Is it normal to have doubt before undergoing life changing surgery? When will it go away?

Dont over think it just do it... This will be the best thing u do for your self!!! Its not super painful only thing thats bad is the gas pains for a few days ... But worth it!! YOU ARE EXTENDING YOUR LIFE !! And after a month u get to eat ok after 2 months u can basically eat almost anything!!!!
Best thing u could ever do for your self

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

Agree with everyone else, don't overthink it. Go for it!

Tomorrow I'm 3 months out from surgery and I'm down 119 lb overall since I started the process. I had doubts as well and the psychologist asked me what made me think if I kept doing the same thing I've been doing all these years it would work this time? That was the proverbial smack in the face I needed to get me over my doubts. You can do this!

VSG 10/11/17 HW = 360 SW = 292 CW = 240.4 GW = 220 (6'5")

Reading all of these helped me out immensely (even if this wasn't my thread)! My Pre-op class was scheduled today and now I'm just waiting for Pre-determination until getting my surgery date (sometime in Feb). As of today it hit me like a ton of bricks. I've lost 12lbs since January the 1st. My thoughts "why do the surgery, you can just keep on this track of weight loss and do it yourself without life changing surgery". I've never second guessed myself until today.

Thanks guys!!

It’s normal to have doubts. It’s normal to think ~ can I really do this?

Best thing I have ever done... it’s not easy but SO worth it.

Be kind to yourself and don’t over think things xxx

I too am second guessing myself. I started this journey back in august. I have a surgery date of Jan 18. I feel like I'm in a little bit of a pickle. I saved money for my procedure, but I was layed off Dec 15. I am currently living on my severance pay. Do I postpone it and be an adult and save the money I have of better my health? You guys are my only support system. Decisions decisions

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

January 17th here! I was in the same boat as you. If I'm completely honest what helped my anxiety was setting up an Instagram account especially for the surgery. Seeing all the other people go through what you will go through and come out better on the other side really helped my anxiety! Part of me does think why can't I just give it one last really good go?! But I know why there's no point, because if I don't see any progress my motivation just completely slacks and I end up getting upset. I have been on my pre op liquid diet for 7 days now and I've already lost 7.6lb. Now I'm seeing progress I don't want to stop! Xx

Surgery due January 17th 2018

CW 238
GW 133

Instagram: jeez_sleevedlouise

I too am second guessing myself. I started this journey back in august. I have a surgery date of Jan 18. I feel like I'm in a little bit of a pickle. I saved money for my procedure, but I was layed off Dec 15. I am currently living on my severance pay. Do I postpone it and be an adult and save the money I have of better my health? You guys are my only support system. Decisions decisions

Just to let you all know, I chose the surgery! I need to better my health. Need to look forward and not in the past!!