Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 12/19. When I got out of the hospital I was doing really good with my Water and Protein intake. I was really close to 64 oz a day and 60mg of protein. I feel like this past week I took two steps back. Every time I drink water I get a knot in my chest and I can’t drink anymore until that feeling goes away . Protein is even worse. What is happening? I feel like I’m getting dehydrated and I’m starting to worry. I’m pushing as much water down as possible but I can barely get 16-32 oz (32 oz on a really good day ) Protein hardly any. I feel like it wants to come back up ! Help.

hw: 246 sw: 235 cw: 215 gw: ?

Sleeved :Dec 19, 2017

If sipping doesn't work tell your surgeon. You may be developing a stricture or similar issue. If that's the case it can often be resolved with an endoscopy. Assuming you're not drinking within 30 minutes or more of eating?

I had the same problem with losing desire to drink, then I realized I was only drinking Water and switched to a few more palatable options: tea (herbal, decaf), flavored drinks (sugar free) and even coffee (decaf) I was under the impression that only water counted, I was wrong. I am however still struggling with Protein Shakes, they won't stay down anymore...

12 hours ago, Losebig said:

If sipping doesn't work tell your surgeon. You may be developing a stricture or similar issue. If that's the case it can often be resolved with an endoscopy. Assuming you're not drinking within 30 minutes or more of eating?

This. Never hurts to call the doc and tell him/her what's going on. I feel for you cause I had a horrible time getting fluids in for the first few weeks. Didn't have a stricture but would get that feeling that the Water was "stuck" above my stomach and would hurt from time to time.

You can also try popsicles. Those helped me out for the first few weeks. You can also suck on ice slivers, but make sure they're super small. Last thing you'd want is to accidentally swallow a whole ice cube.