Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved May 25, 2014. In a year’s time, I lost 100 lbs. I was so proud and I was feeling better than I remember feeling in a very long time. Fast forward to February, 2016 and my husband and I took a trip to New Mexico, and I don’t know why it is, but any time we are on vacation or on a road trip, we feel like we have to eat every meal....all of us.

That trip was the start of gaining weight. Early two year later, I’ve gained 30 lbs of the 100 I had lost. I’m terribly depressed about it, but I can’t seem to get myself under control. Eating is definitely a very emotional thing for me....meaning I stress eat, and this last year has been very stressful.

I’m scared, beyond everything, that I’m going to gain all my weight back. HELP! Has anyone else experienced significant weight gain?

I’ve started time and time again, from the very beginning, but it’s not the same. After surgery, we have no choice but to drink our meals or eat soft foods for several weeks post op, because we just cannot get it in us and swallow, but now that I have a choice, it makes it harder to stay on track. I still get full pretty quick, but I put in a little more than I should, and I had developed the bad habit of allowing myself to have a REAL Dr Pepper once a day, instead my usual Coke Zero and Water. I was also eating more sweets.

I’ve halted drinking the REAL Dr Peppers and stopped eating the sweets. I’ve been drinking my Protein and eating meat/chicken....Eating as few carbs and sugar as possible and nothing!

Has anyone been here? What have you done to get back on track? Please help!!! I’m so scared I’m going to gain the rest of my weight back....did I mention I was scared I was going to gain all my weight back?

I’m even considering sleeve revision!

I have not yet had surgery but, I have read a lot of information in the last 5 months. I have seen many, many WLS patients with regain get great results from this. You may want to give it a try before going through another surgery.

https://smile.amazon.com/Day-Pouch-Test-Owners-Manual/dp/1530933595/ref=pd_sim_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1530933595&pd_rd_r=0QZXZEX7W8NG28Q72HKP&pd_rd_w=TGZ1Z&pd_rd_wg=e47XB&psc=1&refRID=0QZXZEX7W8NG28Q72HKP

Good luck!

I have not yet had surgery but, I have read a lot of information in the last 5 months. I have seen many, many WLS patients with regain get great results from this. You may want to give it a try before going through another surgery.
https://smile.amazon.com/Day-Pouch-Test-Owners-Manual/dp/1530933595/ref=pd_sim_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1530933595&pd_rd_r=0QZXZEX7W8NG28Q72HKP&pd_rd_w=TGZ1Z&pd_rd_wg=e47XB&psc=1&refRID=0QZXZEX7W8NG28Q72HKP
Good luck!

Thank you! I’ve actually done the pouch test, but can’t seem to get past about three days. Thank you again....I guess I will keep plugging away.

I was sleeved 8/1/16 lost 82 pounds wish it was more. I need to lose 30 more pounds. I joined weight watchers. Give it a shot

I’ve thought about that! Thank you for your input! Good luck with your 30 lbs.

3 hours ago, TXGALINAR said:

I was sleeved May 25, 2014. In a year’s time, I lost 100 lbs. I was so proud and I was feeling better than I remember feeling in a very long time. Fast forward to February, 2016 and my husband and I took a trip to New Mexico, and I don’t know why it is, but any time we are on vacation or on a road trip, we feel like we have to eat every meal....all of us.

That trip was the start of gaining weight. Early two year later, I’ve gained 30 lbs of the 100 I had lost. I’m terribly depressed about it, but I can’t seem to get myself under control. Eating is definitely a very emotional thing for me....meaning I stress eat, and this last year has been very stressful.

I’m scared, beyond everything, that I’m going to gain all my weight back. HELP! Has anyone else experienced significant weight gain?

I’ve started time and time again, from the very beginning, but it’s not the same. After surgery, we have no choice but to drink our meals or eat soft foods for several weeks post op, because we just cannot get it in us and swallow, but now that I have a choice, it makes it harder to stay on track. I still get full pretty quick, but I put in a little more than I should, and I had developed the bad habit of allowing myself to have a REAL Dr Pepper once a day, instead my usual Coke Zero and Water. I was also eating more sweets.

I’ve halted drinking the REAL Dr Peppers and stopped eating the sweets. I’ve been drinking my Protein and eating meat/chicken....Eating as few carbs and sugar as possible and nothing!

Has anyone been here? What have you done to get back on track? Please help!!! I’m so scared I’m going to gain the rest of my weight back....did I mention I was scared I was going to gain all my weight back?

I’m even considering sleeve revision!

Nothing but Water for a while & no liquids 30 minutes before or after each meal. Nothing but lean meat grilled or baked not fried. Whole fruits & veggies. No sauces oils or breaded fried foods whole grains on occasion. No bread potatoes corn squash or starchy foods. Avoid broth gravy or liquified foods. Only eat hearty solid foods. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Try it for a month or two & see if you get the results your looking for. Good luck! Also first meal within two hours of waking up then again every three hours through the day and nothing to eat two hours before bed.

Edited by SEAHAWKS FAN!

Nothing but Water for a while & no liquids 30 minutes before or after each meal. Nothing but lean meat grilled or baked not fried. Whole fruits & veggies. No sauces oils or breaded fried foods whole grains on occasion. No bread potatoes corn squash or starchy foods. Avoid broth gravy or liquified foods. Only eat hearty solid foods. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Try it for a month or two & see if you get the results your looking for. Good luck! Also first meal within two hours of waking up then again every three hours through the day and nothing to eat two hours before bed.

Thank you! Sounds like a good plan, and I know all this....thank you for reinforcements!

Anytime! I may need you to repay the favor soon. By the way your before and after pics look great! Oh yeah I forgot you’re also supposed to take around 20 minutes to eat your meals .

Edited by SEAHAWKS FAN!

Anytime! I may need you to repay the favor soon. By the way your before and after pics look great!

Thanks! The after picture was a year ago this past August. My husband had surgery too, so the before and after is the both of us.

This is more recent. Of course, I guess it’s kinda hard to actually tell, with my big coat on. Trust me....it’s still way better than before surgery.

IMG_0135.JPG