Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers?

Hi all! Glad everyone is doing great. I’m doing great as well! I’m down 54.4lbs down in all and 37lbs down from surgery day. My clothes don’t fit me! Love this problem. I’m now digging into my closet and looking for old clothes. I workout everyday and recently started weight lifting. My stats are below

HW 234
SW 217
CW 179
GW 135

My stall lasted about a week (started mid week 3). Sometimes my weight went up, as well. I am now mid week 4.

Hi [emoji112] just thought [emoji189] I'd ask. Im in my 5th week after surgery and I have Dropped 24 lbs but now I feel stuck. Nothing else us coming off. It's still hard for me to really eat. I drink 2 shakes a day, exercise and I'm just stuck compared to some of stories I read. Idk I guess I just feel like I should be or should have already loss more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

10 hours ago, nerua43 said:

Hi just thought I'd ask. Im in my 5th week after surgery and I have Dropped 24 lbs but now I feel stuck. Nothing else us coming off. It's still hard for me to really eat. I drink 2 shakes a day, exercise and I'm just stuck compared to some of stories I read. Idk I guess I just feel like I should be or should have already loss more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Some people lose weight steadily, but for more than half (I think) it comes in fits and starts. Unfortunately, we don't get to choose which one our bodies will follow. The steady losers hardly ever see big drops, where the "irregular" losers might drop 5 in one week. So long as you follow your program, just have faith that the numbers will follow.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, SleevedSoulSistah said:

Me too I’m 2/28/18

The Road 2 A Better Me

I had my sleeve done on 28 Feb, too! Two whole days after my 50th birthday.

Well I forgot to update for my three month mark I am at 154 so I guess that’s 26 lbs down. So darn slow it feels like nothing is happening . Yet I have lost 34 since presurgery diet and that means I have lost 66 percent of my excess weight. I know the last will take a very long time to come off.

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 154 Dr. scale says says one pound less
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second goal and doctors GW 150
Goal weight 138

1 hour ago, Changing4me1 said:

Well I forgot to update for my three month mark I am at 154 so I guess that’s 26 lbs down. So darn slow it feels like nothing is happening . Yet I have lost 34 since presurgery diet and that means I have lost 66 percent of my excess weight. I know the last will take a very long time to come off.

That's great, congrats! Yes, it is much harder and slower when you're closer to goal to begin with. But we're here cheering you on!

That's great, congrats! Yes, it is much harder and slower when you're closer to goal to begin with. But we're here cheering you on!

Thank you I have been going through some really stressful stuff in my life lately. I am starting to wonder in that stress hormone cortisol is slowing everything down too. All the anxiety has my fit bit measuring four hours cardio just from raised heart rate from stress and anxiety alone . I logged 3300 calories burned yesterday. Lol as horrible as it’s been I should at least get the benefit of some extra weight loss lol.

Vsg 2/13/18

Pre op diet 188

Sd. 180

First goal 169 2/26/18

Goal weight 138

7 minutes ago, Changing4me1 said:

Thank you [emoji4] I have been going through some really stressful stuff in my life lately. I am starting to wonder in that stress hormone cortisol is slowing everything down too. All the anxiety has my fit bit measuring four hours cardio just from raised heart rate from stress and anxiety alone . I logged 3300 calories burned yesterday. Lol as horrible as it’s been I should at least get the benefit of some extra weight loss lol.

Vsg 2/13/18

Pre op diet 188

Sd. 180

First goal 169 2/26/18

Goal weight 138

Yikes, stress can do that to you. Hope your life settles down soon.

I have had a fantastic week!

My weight loss is finally becoming noticeable. Three colleagues I had not seen in over a year this week commented that I’ve lost a lot of weight. It was all separate meetings, so it’s not like they could discuss amongst themselves.

I’m finally getting too small for my clothes. First I had to get work slacks the next size down. This week I was on a trip and packed a couple of dresses and jeans that fit just a week or two ago. The jeans were way baggy and the shirt was too long. The dresses looked ok, but it were quite loose on me. I ordered some jeans in 1 and 2 sizes down. There were here when I got home, and the ones 2 sizes down are what fit! The only downside is the thought of the expense of replacing or altering my wardrobe.

I misconnected on my flight home and instead of getting my upgraded seat, I got stuck in a middle seat, exit row. Not only are middles always awkward. Exit rows have solid arm rests, instead of the moveable arm rests that can be raised and lowered. And because the seats have the solid arm rests with the tray table in them, it makes the seats even narrower. I usually avoid these seats at all cost, but today I had no choice. I was so surprised and happy when I fit in the seat and was completely comfortable!

It’s getting much easier to lie to people about WLS. I don’t know if lying is a good thing, but at least I’m not stressing about people asking why I’m not eating.

Oh, and this happened!

IMG_8635.JPG

4 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

My weight loss is finally becoming noticeable. Three colleagues I had not seen in over a year this week commented that I’ve lost a lot of weight. It was all separate meetings, so it’s not like they could discuss amongst themselves.

I’m finally getting too small for my clothes. First I had to get work slacks the next size down. This week I was on a trip and packed a couple of dresses and jeans that fit just a week or two ago. The jeans were way baggy and the shirt was too long. The dresses looked ok, but it were quite loose on me. I ordered some jeans in 1 and 2 sizes down. There were here when I got home, and the ones 2 sizes down are what fit! The only downside is the thought of the expense of replacing or altering my wardrobe.

I misconnected on my flight home and instead of getting my upgraded seat, I got stuck in a middle seat, exit row. Not only are middles always awkward. Exit rows have solid arm rests, instead of the moveable arm rests that can be raised and lowered. And because the seats have the solid arm rests with the tray table in them, it makes the seats even narrower. I usually avoid these seats at all cost, but today I had no choice. I was so surprised and happy when I fit in the seat and was completely comfortable!

It’s getting much easier to lie to people about WLS. I don’t know if lying is a good thing, but at least I’m not stressing about people asking why I’m not eating.

Oh, and this happened!

IMG_8635.JPG

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on both scale and non-scale victories!

On 5/11/2018 at 10:21 AM, sillykitty said:

Oh, and this happened!

IMG_8635.JPG

Congratulations!

FYI - I've had a lot of people ask me how I lost weight. I tell them - high Protein, low carbs, almost no sugar. It's the absolute truth. They need not know about the surgery part.

Thanks!

It seems like I am pretty much alone with this, but I have never spoken to anyone, including my closest friends or family that I was unhappy with my weight. I really projected confidence about who I was.

So I am not at all comfortable sharing with colleagues that I am on any type of diet or voluntarily changed my eating habits in order to become healthier or thinner. Most of these questions arise, not from noticing my weight loss, but from sharing a meal together. The amount I’m able to eat is so small, most people would assume it is some kind of eating disorder or at the very least an unhealthy and unsustainable weight loss strategy.

I stick with the story that my stomach has been bothering me. if someone knows me well they might ask some questions about it. That is the part that is getting easier. I used to feel guilty for lying to people. Especially to colleagues I also consider friends. But now I am committed to the story I have created, and share the same with anyone who asks.

Stats
Surgery date: 2/21/2018
HW: 334lb
SW: 272lb
CW: 228.9lb
GW:210lb

23 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Thanks!

It seems like I am pretty much alone with this, but I have never spoken to anyone, including my closest friends or family that I was unhappy with my weight. I really projected confidence about who I was.

So I am not at all comfortable sharing with colleagues that I am on any type of diet or voluntarily changed my eating habits in order to become healthier or thinner. Most of these questions arise, not from noticing my weight loss, but from sharing a meal together. The amount I’m able to eat is so small, most people would assume it is some kind of eating disorder or at the very least an unhealthy and unsustainable weight loss strategy.

I stick with the story that my stomach has been bothering me. if someone knows me well they might ask some questions about it. That is the part that is getting easier. I used to feel guilty for lying to people. Especially to colleagues I also consider friends. But now I am committed to the story I have created, and share the same with anyone who asks.

Oh my gosh! I feel EXACTLY the same way! It's nice to know I'm not alone. And also, when you think about it, it's your own personal medical information. Everyone doesn't have to know all about it. Thanks for your posting!

7 minutes ago, ~Primrose~ said:

Oh my gosh! I feel EXACTLY the same way! It's nice to know I'm not alone. And also, when you think about it, it's your own personal medical information. Everyone doesn't have to know all about it. Thanks for your posting!

Good to know I'm apparently not alone!