Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers?

Day 10 post op, and my incision FINALLY stopped hurting! I couldn't be happier.

Yesterday I went to a family gathering and I brought my broth and yogurt with me and surprisingly it went okay. I thought I had mad cravings big time because I kept looking at recipes and my insane cookbook collection and dying for a bite... but when the food was there in front of me I didn't really want it (not that I could have it). I sat with them for tea and talked and didn't miss out at all.

One interesting thing though, I was definitely a dessert person pre-op.. I mean, I was a recipe developer and baker (I baked 3 layer gourmet cakes every weekend lol), but now I don't even have the slightest craving for something sweet :/ The only thing junky I craved was... chips LOL mom is a tiny person who loves chips to this day, and that's the only thing I really craved. I don't know if it'll last or not but I can't tolerate anything sweet anymore. I used to use a tiny bit of stevia in my tea and now even that tiny bit is too sweet.

Oh, I'm down 18 pounds since surgery! :)

11 days post op. Still on liquid diet and walking 4+ miles per day. Lost 8 pounds and have been at the same weight for the last 3 days. I didn’t expect to stall this quickly.

Also, everything smells so good but other than smell I have no craving to eat any of it.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, lcarriere said:

Surgery had a few complications. While in recovery started to bleed internally. They had to rush me back in to surgery and fix the problem. Finally recuperating. It’s been a rough two weeks. I feel very lucky to be alive. While in hospital they pumped me up with 25lbs of Fluid. So since my release I’ve lost 35 lbs. mostly all that Fluid they pumped in me. Have lost10 lbs in 2 weeks of my regular weight.

I am so sorry to hear about that. I'm glad you're on the mend. Will they have you on a liquid diet for longer than usual?

I CAN FINALLY HAVE pureed FOODS! My NUT emphasized that all foods must be put through a blender or a food processor for two weeks. So when I google search for "pureed" foods I get "mashed with a fork till soft", oh well.

I just made a pot of autumn carrot and sweet potato Soup following this recipe and replacing the butter with coconut oil: https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/autumn-carrot-and-sweet-potato-soup.html

I also squeezed a lemon after it was done and added some smoked spanish paprika.

AND IT IS TO DIE FOR. I had 4 tablespoons though and got completely full. Did NOT experience this with yogurt or other liquids. Wow.

Surgery had a few complications. While in recovery started to bleed internally. They had to rush me back in to surgery and fix the problem. Finally recuperating. It’s been a rough two weeks. I feel very lucky to be alive. While in hospital they pumped me up with 25lbs of Fluid. So since my release I’ve lost 35 lbs. mostly all that fluid they pumped in me. Have lost10 lbs in 2 weeks of my regular weight.

I’m so glad you are ok and recovering now

I had the exact same experience. Started bleeding internally and my blood pressure yanked. It was VERY serious. Yes, first two weeks have been rough. Now I have s huge hematoma inside that’s going to take 3-4 weeks to dissolve.

Believe I’ve asked this before. But how many calories is everyone eating at this point? I’m afraid I’m eating too much too soon. Doc said eventually she wants me eating 1100 calories a day.

I'm 2.5 weeks post- sleeve and today ate a record high 600 calories.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Believe I’ve asked this before. But how many calories is everyone eating at this point? I’m afraid I’m eating too much too soon. Doc said eventually she wants me eating 1100 calories a day.

Sleeved 5 weeks ago. Getting anywhere from 450-600 for now

I'm officially 2 weeks post op today, a little over 20 pounds down, and I cannot get down more than 300 calories. Protein Shakes are also disgusting and too sweet to me now. I exclusively want savory things and I had a huge sweet tooth pre-op. Most things I "crave" are very low calorie: blended Soups and tea.

I am guessing it will go up significantly once I am on solids or at least soft foods (Scrambled eggs and avocados mmmmm I CANNOT WAIT), I've always hated liquids and purees and I have zero motivation to eat lol

11 days post op. Still on liquid diet and walking 4+ miles per day. Lost 8 pounds and have been at the same weight for the last 3 days. I didn’t expect to stall this quickly.

Also, everything smells so good but other than smell I have no craving to eat any of it.

I’m day 13 have lost 12 and have not moved for a week I’m a little frustrated

I got sleeved on the 13th of February and it’s been tough to get the required amount of Water and Protein. Does it get better where we can swallow normal or do we have to continue sipping liquids for ever?

I was sleeved 2/26/18. Everything went well but weightloss is slow. This too shall pass.

17 days post op, down 22 pounds.

I've been consistently losing some weight every day up until the last few days, one day it's up, the other day it's the same, and then finally it goes down. I am not panicking about this not even one bit because I know how little I am eating and there is no way that my weight trend is anything but down. I am also emotionally prepared for a stall. All in all, I feel like the hardest part of the surgery is over and I am already incredibly glad I did this. I feel NO hunger (compared to the first week where I was hungry most of the time). In a week I will be able to eat soft foods and that just opens up a whole range of foods.

I find it insanely difficult to get Protein in, because I hate Protein Shakes. But I've been having muscle milk vanilla with two shots of Decaf espresso and some ice and guys... it is the nicest thing ever. Definitely feels like I am splurging.