Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers?

Mine was too! How are you feeling!

I was the 7th as well! I still have a drain in so once i get rid of that i will be super happy! No other issues other than some slight head hunger (not hungry at all for real thou) and sick of liquid diet! My doc requires liquids for 3 weeks post op so I’m screwed. Lol how are u?

Ugh feel so bloated today .. today makes 1 week post sleeve for me! My back hurts so much... Not even sure why though bc I walk a lot throughout the day.

1 minute ago, Rosie15 said:

Did anyone have to take nail polish off fingers and toes before surgery?

Yup and piercings/jewelry

Finally home, feels great, my husband has been a great support and thank god for that. Been relying on him for a lot of things. I’m still in a lot of pain. Can anyone tell me if this will be gone by next week at least.

One week today. Virtually no pain at all. Very little pain from the beginning. I’m hungry the last few days. Still on liquids. I feel very weak though . Probably
Lack of calories ? I haven’t done much this week. My post op is 2/26! Dr is on holiday. I have a group dietician appt Friday. I pray I’ll be able to advance my diet after that and not have to wait for Dr!

My surgery instruction packet said no make up including nail polish but I checked with my surgeon and she said toenail polish is fine but only light colored polish on your fingers. So I’d say ask your surgeon to be sure.

The Road 2 A Better Me

One week today. Virtually no pain at all. Very little pain from the beginning. I’m hungry the last few days. Still on liquids. I feel very weak though . Probably
Lack of calories ? I haven’t done much this week. My post op is 2/26! Dr is on holiday. I have a group dietician appt Friday. I pray I’ll be able to advance my diet after that and not have to wait for Dr!

I’m 1 week post op today as well! Feeling good, very little pain. However I agree, feeling weak at times and constipated. Have you had that? Solutions? [emoji30]
I’m on full liquid for 3 weeks, but starting to feel hunger. Maybe not physical hunger, but mental hunger? Prepping dinner for my husband and children, wishing I could partake? The mental part has been the hardest for me. Have you tried any foods? Are you getting al our Protein in? I was thinking maybe scrambled egg? I have my post op appointment on Friday.

I’m 1 week post op today as well! Feeling good, very little pain. However I agree, feeling weak at times and constipated. Have you had that? Solutions?
I’m on full liquid for 3 weeks, but starting to feel hunger. Maybe not physical hunger, but mental hunger? Prepping dinner for my husband and children, wishing I could partake? The mental part has been the hardest for me. Have you tried any foods? Are you getting al our Protein in? I was thinking maybe scrambled egg? I have my post op appointment on Friday.

One week for me today too! I was able to poop on Sunday, but I give full credit for that to the twice-daily stool softener my doctor prescribed. I am off all the pain meds now, even Tylenol, and started back on the full liquid diet today. So far I’ve had a few tablespoons each of applesauce, Tomato Soup, cream of wheat, and cottage cheese. It’s been like Heaven! I can manage one Protein Shake a day and haven’t had any issue with any of the foods I’ve tried. I feel VERY fortunate to have had a relatively easy recovery.

I had my surgery on 2/9. Not in to much pain. I'm off the pain killers and just doing Tylenol. I am so happy I made the choice to have this surgery. I am still on clears until Friday. I can't wait to progress in my diet!!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Had mine this morning.. well yesterday morning. Surgery was quick wasn’t expecting the gas pain to be this bad, I’m so thankful I have had incredible nurses. I’m swallowing Water fine but once it gets down to the stomach I have a little discomfort! Good luck everyone!

Congrats! How is your gas pain? I found walking very helpful. The doctor ended up ordering gas tablets too.

I was the 7th as well! I still have a drain in so once i get rid of that i will be super happy! No other issues other than some slight head hunger (not hungry at all for real thou) and sick of liquid diet! My doc requires liquids for 3 weeks post op so I’m screwed. Lol how are u?

I had surgery on the 7th too! Can you have Jello or yogurt during the liquid phase. I can’t take aspartame so I was introduced to the True Lime packets. I got unflavored Gelatin and made lime jello ( I was able to chew the jello) so that helped my brain! The 3 weeks will fly by we approaching the 1 week mark!

4 hours ago, Rosie15 said:

Neither for me