Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers?

Hi All,

Feb sleever here!

I was sleeved on 2/7/18 and so far Im feeling pretty great and down 35 pounds which seems impossible. Going to buy another scale tomorrow. Haven't had any appetite for the last couple of days but I imagine that will begin to change soon.

Hi All,

Feb sleever here!
I was sleeved on 2/7/18 and so far Im feeling pretty great and down 35 pounds which seems impossible. Going to buy another scale tomorrow. Haven't had any appetite for the last couple of days but I imagine that will begin to change soon.

I got sleeved on 2/7/18- sleeved twins!

Oh ok an thats normal i have one too i was told to keep drinking fluids it will dry up. Protein is going good so far except i only get 30g a day because i cannot stand Protein Shake anymore. My surgeon told me i need to have atleast 60g 🤢. Hows your Proteins going?

Im having a hard time with both Water n protien intake. Not many brands of protien are sitting well with my stomach. My nut told me to drink them really slowly...that it may take 4 hrs to finish one. Im sipping fluids all day but really small sips so i manage abt 35-40 oz a day. A lil frustrating. Do u feel restriction when drinking?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Im having a hard time with both Water n protien intake. Not many brands of protien are sitting well with my stomach. My nut told me to drink them really slowly...that it may take 4 hrs to finish one. Im sipping fluids all day but really small sips so i manage abt 35-40 oz a day. A lil frustrating. Do u feel restriction when drinking?

Sorry that many of the Protein brands are not working! What brands have you tried, have u tried any plant based products- Unjury has a plant based unflavored option! Have u experimented with adding some flavoring to your Water, I can’t do anything with aspartame so I am tolerating the True Lemon True Lemon Products! Found Lemon Ginger Teabags super soothing too- hope you find some products that work. Hydration is key in this process. Best of Luck.

Sorry that many of the Protein brands are not working! What brands have you tried, have u tried any plant based products- Unjury has a plant based unflavored option! Have u experimented with adding some flavoring to your Water, I can’t do anything with aspartame so I am tolerating the True Lemon True Lemon Products! Found Lemon Ginger Teabags super soothing too- hope you find some products that work. Hydration is key in this process. Best of Luck.

Ive been flavoring my Water with herbal tea. Its just the sipping slowly thats frustrating. I tried unflavored Isopure, nectar, premier and atkins

Ty for the unjury suggestion i will try it

When I’m up I set the timer on my phone at 15 min intervals and I keep the 1 oz medicine cups with my liquids. My challenge is keep the teas and broth hot so I’m constantly reheating. I going to try the warmer plate for coffee cups and candles( just got to order one)

Thanks for the Welcome! I’m still working through the extra gas ( my body is taking a bit longer to expel all that CO2). I’m walking, using the incentive spirometer and trying to get my required liquids in. Day 1 post op was tedious, I would suggest that upcoming sleepers discuss gas management with the surgeon pre-op just in case it becomes a problem. I start my Full Liquids Stage on Monday. Clears have been very tolerable I had IBS and diverticulitis in the past so I keep homemade Bone Broth on hand. Really haven’t used any store bought broths so far ( I’ll see if I want to change flavors over the next 2 days).

Hi everyone! I'm new to bariatric pal... can't believe this is my first time here... and just scheduled my vsg for 2/6/18 looking forward to sharing my experience with you and hearing about yours. Almost there!

How did it go?!

Good luck to all my 02/12/18 buddies. Tomorrow is our big day. So scared... :-/

Dont be scared. Everything will be okay. Its just nerves. Think positive..this is the first step of an amazing journey. Best of luck!