Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 years out - what is your daily menu like?

hey guys!

I'm a little shy of 2 years from my gastric sleeve surgery. I've pretty much maintained the wait I've lost for the most part (maybe i'm up 4 or 5 lbs)

Recently to be honest I haven't been great at tracking my macros or my water.... probably the reason I'm up a few pounds. I had reintroduced more processed foods into my diet, and although I haven't gained thaaat much back, I decided enough was enough and I'm gonna start tracking again, decreasing carb intake, and focusing on Protein, just like we were supposed to do! lol!

I'm already down a couple of pounds.

I was just wondering what other sleevers experience a few years after their surgery, how well they stick to the prescribed diet, and what your (honest) daily food intake looks. How many of each of the macros do you average? How many calories per day? Any other experiences you want to add?

@crazyplantlady

How I eat at 2.5 years is basically the same as how I was eating at year one. Just slightly larger portions. My dense Protein portion size is unchanged at 4 ounces but I can easily eat 8 ounces of fish or a 6 ounce burger. Which is fine for me. 8 ounces of fish doesn't even hit 200 calories.

My calories vary wildly depending on my day or mood, anywhere from 1200 to 2200. The average 1400/1500 if I am home all day (which I am most of the time I work from home).

I keep my carbs below 25 most days. My protein is always a minimum 100 grams, goal is 130 grams.

At 6 months post-op I picked a way of eating that I felt natural to me that I could stick to, so there is no real reason to change it.

My physical hunger still has not returned at all unless I go about 16 hours without eating. I do WANT to eat more, but that is due to RL circumstances. I'm a stress eater and 2017 was high stress for me. In the summer I can work off steam being outside, in the winter, when I am trapped in doors it is harder.

The mental game is harder, but my sleeve is still function as always.

20 months out from VSG. I eat pretty much low carb meat and veggies. But I do include some fruit and dairy. No refined sugar. Very little Stevia here and there. No processed food. Omelets with lots of veggies and some cheese, salad w/chicken or fish. salmon, mussels or shrimp. Spinach, onions, green peppers, brussels sprouts, green Beans, asparagus and sometimes some sweet potato. Cheese sticks, almond milk or Fairlife whole milk. Greek organic yogurt, cheese sticks. Still do shakes maybe a couple of times a week because Iike them. Sometimes berry and vanilla and sometimes chocolate coffee. Or even Fuzzy Navel (Syntrax). Grass fed beef burgers too. Some bean or lentil dishes. Nuts and roasted edamame and Peanut Butter. Fruit, frozen banana ice cream with dark chocolate. I really don't feel limited, there are so many good options.

I am happy to find this post! I am also 2 yrs out and have gained weight trying to get back to basics. My biggest issue is I am not exercising like before.. my job has become very sedentary.

what are some of you other fav easy recipes!

On 1/8/2018 at 10:24 PM, crazyplantlady said:

hey guys!

I'm a little shy of 2 years from my gastric sleeve surgery. I've pretty much maintained the wait I've lost for the most part (maybe i'm up 4 or 5 lbs)

Recently to be honest I haven't been great at tracking my macros or my water.... probably the reason I'm up a few pounds. I had reintroduced more processed foods into my diet, and although I haven't gained thaaat much back, I decided enough was enough and I'm gonna start tracking again, decreasing carb intake, and focusing on Protein, just like we were supposed to do! lol!

I'm already down a couple of pounds.

I was just wondering what other sleevers experience a few years after their surgery, how well they stick to the prescribed diet, and what your (honest) daily food intake looks. How many of each of the macros do you average? How many calories per day? Any other experiences you want to add?

Seems a bit of a weight gain is normal. June I will be four years out.

It took a bit of finagling for me to find where I start losing weight again. The weight loss is slower. But this is maintenance I gain a bit. I now know I can get it back down. This years resolution was not freaking out over small weight gains..lol

My menu:

Morning:(broke up into two meals) Scrambled eggs with leftover sauteed mushroom,onion and garlic. Jimmy dean turkey sausage

Lunch: Smoked salmon salad

Pre workout: fresh bartlett pear. Lee labrada homemade sweet potato muffin.

Post workout: Run fast eat slow - homemade trail mix

dinner: lentil stew - Ground turkey, beef broth, lentils,carrot, green Beans, diced Tomato, celery, onion and garlic

snack: Quest cookie..It is processed but I had a sweet tooth.

Mine depends.

Today

1 slice quiche

1 cpcoffee

1 banana

Breakfast

1/4 cup peanut

snack

1 container plain yogurt

Mixed berries

lunch

1 cup pork chop suey

Supper

Either

1 piece quiche or crackers with pepperoni and Gouda cheese for a snack

breakfast: Weekends I eat 2 scrambled eggs and occasionally 1-2 Hilary's sausage patties (veggie sausage). On weekdays I eat an Rx bar or a siggi's yogurt occasionally with fruit. I also have coffee daily, with half and half or milk. (Half and half accounts for my sat. fat)

morning snack: If I have 1, it is fruit, a Siggi's nonfat yogurt, or a 100 calorie pack of almonds

lunch: salad with red wine vinegar and a dash of oil or veggie soup(with lentils, chick peas, sunflower seeds, chicken etc. in salad or soup)

afternoon snack: usually an apple

Dinner: I have a health food store 5 minutes from my house that makes a variety of Soups daily, gluten free and delicious! In my fridge currently, I have curry chicken with veggies, sweet potato 3-bean chile, and white bean and escarole. So I eat a cup or 2 of these most days. On non-soup days I eat a veggie burger or tofu salad,

I am avoiding starches at all costs, with the exception of the occasional potato in Soup. bread is the enemy! I have also found if I eat a corn chip or piece of chocolate, I can't stop there, so I don't tempt it. It opens a flood gate! LOL!

I should add that if I go much beyond 1300 calories a day, I gain. I am a WLS slug.