Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some advice

I lost around 140 quick around 6.5 months . Then in November I had gallbladder removed due to weight loss. Lost 10 more that week I’m sitting at 250 right now. The stomach issues I’m having which means I’m in the bathroom a hour or so after I eat. I’m constantly hungry now I’m still limiting to a cup per meal and I go over every now and then. I have not lost weight In 2 months I’m getting a little worried I’m falling off the wagon. I counted my calories today and they are around 1000 when I get done with today and imagine that will be the same or less. But this hunger of food going through me is killing me I want to start losing again.

It may be obvious, but have you spoken to your weight loss team? I know gallbladder removal is common with or after WLS but I do not know how that would effect hunger or losses. Your team would be able to answer your questions most effectively. And, only your team knows your full history. Good luck!

Great job on your progress so far!

Stalls happen, even after any weight loss surgery. You sure seem to have a good grasps on things. Good luck with your weight loss adventure!!! I'd say it becomes easier, but after 3 years, it is still the same battle each and every day. It is the choices you make...

The hunger may not be related to your gall bladder surgery. For the first couple of months post surgery I really didn't want to eat anything. Now my appetite is coming back. Im dealing with this by upping my activity level (which is easier given my weight loss).

Good luck.

You may be hungry because of a nutritional deficiency. If you can only eat 1000 calories a day you may not be getting enough of something. Surgery is traumatic to your body and that coupled with the very quick weight loss could account for the stall. Just keep keeping on and eventually you should start to loose again. These are all just guesses based on what I have seen in myself and may or not be helpful to you. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches