Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow morning

Camopink27- congratulations! You’re going to do great! I was scared too before my Sleeve Gastrectomy but it was so easy!!! I had laparoscopic so I recovered fast! I was only in the hospital 1 day although I encourage 2 days due to a lot happening at home and rest alittle tough. You probably won’t want to eat anything but in case you do, I made homemade chicken broth at home and brought that with me. It’s about all I felt like eating. On the 3rd day I started Protein Shakes but could only finish 3 ozs. of it. I also drank Decaf green tea, chicken broth and even Miso Soup. Drink as much Water as you can in between shakes. I also found a cold compress you keep in the fridge helps your abdomen. The only bummer was that I’m a stomach sleeper and had to use a pillow between my legs when sleeping on my sides. I started sleeping on my tummy at week 3 but still used my soft pillow for alittle support.

Best of luck on your exciting weight loss adventure!!!

NewSparky

Good luck!!! I’m 5 days post op now.

My consultant advised me to be prepared that when I wake up ill feel nauseous, he wasn’t wrong! Be prepared for that and get some anti sickness meds asap as that will help!

You won’t need much in hospital, as you will be very tired and sleep a lot. I had my phone and book and didn’t use use either that much!

Another big tip, as soon as your able to the day after surgery, get walking! Just up and down the corridor, keeping mobile has really helped me the last few days.

Relax, it’s easier said that done but remember why your doing this and what you will you will achieve.

Good luck [emoji4] xx

It is finally here!!! Tomorrow is my day as well, Camopink27! I'm on my 3rd day of Clear Liquids and having a hard time imagining that I won't be hungry and that just a little bit of food is going to fill me up.
Good Luck and God Bless!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations!! Hang tight you are getting ready to start a wonderful JOURNEY!! Take care of YOU!!

I’m excited and nervous!!!! Tomorrow is the big day! Any last minute advice, tips, things to bring to the hospital that I may not of thought of would be appreciated!!!!

Yaiiiiii tomorrow is my big day too!!!!!
I will have my surgery in the afternoon (5pm)....
And to be honest am starving, nervous and anxious!!!!
What time will be your surgery?

Instagram: itsgretchen

Yay!!! I'm tomorrow too, 12:09pm (so exact lol). Pre-op nurses said staying on top of pain is the best thing I can do to help myself heal. They said aim to not get above a 4. We spoke about nausea too and they said they would get me some meds before I even went to recovery and I said good. Lol.

And I agree with being your own advocate with pain. They got behind on my meds with my c-section and it was the most horrible pain of my life. I'll never let that happen again.

Yaiiiiii tomorrow is my big day too!!!!!
I will have my surgery in the afternoon (5pm)....
And to be honest am starving, nervous and anxious!!!!
What time will be your surgery?

Instagram: itsgretchen

10:30am! Good luck!!!!

Yay!!! I'm tomorrow too, 12:09pm (so exact lol). Pre-op nurses said staying on top of pain is the best thing I can do to help myself heal. They said aim to not get above a 4. We spoke about nausea too and they said they would get me some meds before I even went to recovery and I said good. Lol.
And I agree with being your own advocate with pain. They got behind on my meds with my c-section and it was the most horrible pain of my life. I'll never let that happen again.

Good luck tomorrow! We’ve got this!!!

Good luck everyone! I'd recommend earplugs (couple pairs in case you lose them) and an eye mask. You never know who your roommate is and you'll appreciate the ability to sleep... My nurses were even to do regular meds without waking me, which was awesome!

Sure you will all do great.

Good luck everyone! I'd recommend earplugs (couple pairs in case you lose them) and an eye mask. You never know who your roommate is and you'll appreciate the ability to sleep... My nurses were even to do regular meds without waking me, which was awesome!
Sure you will all do great.

Luckily I get a private room! But good idea for those who share!

I'm here and waiting to be taken in to pre-op. NOW I'm nervous! Lol