Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coming Back to try again...

I had lap band surgery 7 years ago, lost weight, but then started cheating on what and how I would eat and have put it back on, plus more. It is time to get back to utiliIng this great tool I have but have forgotten what to eat and not to eat, etc in this lifestyle. Any tips of sites I can visit to get me back to the beginning of the lifestyle and how to succeed with this journey ?

Best of luck! I was told to eat lots of Protein and drink lots of Water. I'm trying what I can though, there are some foods I just can't handle since having the band

First, is your band adjusted so you feel restriction or satiety if you eat solid food?

Are you eating small again? Small bites, small portions, big chews?

For me, Atkins is the best way to re-start this all over again. I too fell of the band wagon and I'm restarting all over again. Just remember to eat Protein first. Stay away from slider foods like Soups, chips or anything that has empty calories.

If you want some meal plans respond and I'll try to suggest some good ones. Eating high protein is easy. It's ignoring the breads, rice, potatoes and junk food that's hard for most of us. Good luck and get back to me if you need more advice.

tmf

I got mine 10 yrs ago and never got below 200. Guess I got discouraged and quit. So I am on here again trying to find help to get back on the lapband wagon

I was banded about 8 years ago. Had gained about 30 if 50 Pounds back. Recently had a completely unrelated surgery that has caused to to be on liquid diet for 3 weeks so far. I had band completely emptied prior to the surgery and plan to use this “opportunity” to get back on track with the band when I am able to start eating again. Down ~ 15 Pounds in the 3 weeks since surgery.

We all have the issue of regaining once we let our guard down. bread, pizza and high carbs is what put me back on this roller coaster. I had to get on this website to remind myself of smaller portions and low carbs. Once we get down a few pounds then we will get renewed strength to keep going and get this done. I started back a month ago and am down 10 pounts which is a real moral booster to get this going. Good luck and keep smiling.