Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories a day do you consume @ almost 4 weeks post op

I am worried you guys.

I've hit a stall from Dec 26 until now Jan 4, and I've stay about the same. I was 307 On Dec 26. and now on the scale at the gym Im 305. The other day though I was 304 on gym scale. I am worried. How do you get the gastric sleeve and gain weight at 4 weeks post op. (Laughing) and it appears that I am able to eat more ( already) Teeth chattering

I am consuming about 1,300 calories with my Protein Drinks and I don't know how. I drink a ton of Water and other things

I worry that somethings wrong

What do you guys think. I"d like to hear your calorie intake @ 4 weeks post op and.. did you hit a stall and gain between week 3- and 4

I am worried you guys.
I've hit a stall from Dec 26 until now Jan 4, and I've stay about the same. I was 307 On Dec 26. and now on the scale at the gym Im 305. The other day though I was 304 on gym scale. I am worried. How do you get the gastric sleeve and gain weight at 4 weeks post op. (Laughing) and it appears that I am able to eat more ( already) Teeth chattering
I am consuming about 1,300 calories with my Protein Drinks and I don't know how. I drink a ton of Water and other things
I worry that somethings wrong
What do you guys think. I"d like to hear your calorie intake @ 4 weeks post op and.. did you hit a stall and gain between week 3- and 4

I too am stalling. Since about the 26th to still now, I had the same with the scale going down and back up about a pound, I figure it's Water weight with it just being 1 lb.. But I'll be 4 weeks on monday, and I'm only able to take in about 500-600 calories Max including my shakes.

What's your daily food schedule like? I've been hitting my liquid and Protein goals as well as my exercise goals so the only thing I can think of for the stall is that my calories are too low. 🤔. But my nutritionist said they don't focus on calories just to focus on getting in protein.

How are you getting 1300 cals at 4 weeks? It still isn't all about calories at this point (it is about Protein and water) but that seems high. Even with food and protien shakes I could barely hit 600 cals a day a month out.

Seriously people need to stop freaking out over stalls. They happen. Just accept it. Stay the course and the scale will start moving again. This forum has hundreds of threads on this topic. It isn't the end of the world. Your body is still healing and it will do amazing things to hold onto any weight it can if it feels like it is starving. Track your food. Do some exercises. And quit obsessing over the scale. The people that seem to fret the most are the ones that weigh themselves 3-4x a day. Weigh yourself once a week. Do it at the same time of day (first thing in the morning) and on the same day each week.

If you have two Protein drinks Orion a day, that along will run you about 500 or so calories, then add in some chicken and other protein, its easy..

And I'm "seriously" not freaking out about the stall. I am concerned though

I don't wan to do anything wrong. Keep in mind you've had some months to learn the normal and not normal scenerios and I'm only (not even ) one month post op surgery, so pls, as frustrating as it is to read concerns from people who have had had it long after you did, try to show a tad more restraint on snubbing your nose, please

Edited by Toomanytacos

Hi Road

Well yous ound as if you're in the same boat as I

What date was your surgery date? Dec 11? IF so, we share he same surgery date :)

How much were you on day of surgery and how much ar eyou now?

It's frustrating but i am going to keep believing htat it will resume bk to what it was doing before

Hugs

Hi Road
Well yous ound as if you're in the same boat as I
What date was your surgery date? Dec 11? IF so, we share he same surgery date [emoji4]
How much were you on day of surgery and how much ar eyou now?
It's frustrating but i am going to keep believing htat it will resume bk to what it was doing before
Hugs

Yep! December 11th here as well. I was 321 on the day of surgery and am currently sitting at 299.6. I'm also not freaking out about the stalls, if I get concerned I just remind myself that I've had the surgery and there's no way with eating right that I won't lose the weight. I weigh myself every Wednesday.
I had a little bit of a rough start with dehydration a few days out but am feeling pretty good now [emoji4]

Road, I HATE you. Waa

I am stuck at like 305..

I feel at this point, I will be that elite group of surgery peeps who will lose in total 50 pounds and that the surgery will fail on me. ugh

Congrats. I'm happy for you. Really

Lol

What is your name. My nameis Joanna, nice to meet you

I am going to the gym NOW(post reading your weight now) so thanks Lol haha

7 minutes ago, Toomanytacos said:

If you have two Protein Drinks Orion a day, that along will run you about 500 or so calories, then add in some chicken and other Protein, its easy..

And I'm "seriously" not freaking out about the stall. I am concerned though

I don't wan to do anything wrong. Keep in mind you've had some months to learn the normal and not normal scenerios and I'm only (not even ) one month post op surgery, so pls, as frustrating as it is to read concerns from people who have had had it long after you did, try to show a tad more restraint on snubbing your nose, please

I'm not snubbing my nose at you. It's just the truth of the matter. I saw it with folks long before I had my surgery and time and time again. It isn't worth stressing about, honestly. Your other thread showed signs of classic worrying about the scale - weighing on different scales, multiple times a day, etc. It's just sad seeing people get really freaked out over it. Not saying you, just people in general. Only trying to get you to take a deep breath and relax. I'm seen some people really wig about about the scale and it isn't fun to see people beat themselves up because they didn't lose 10 lbs this week. You have to remember - if you are losing any weight that is not a stall. A true stall is annoying as crap, believe me.

What Protein brand are you using? I know my "cheaper" brand runs about 200 calories a serving for 30g of protein. My more expensive Unjury is only 100 cals but only gets you 21g protein. With skim mik then it's pushing 200 cals and 30g of protein. It does seem like your calories are a bit high this early on so there might be some diet tweaks that can be made, but also don't spend so much time trying to get it down too low if you're exercising on top of it. I had complications after my surgery so I couldn't fathom exercising at 4 weeks out.

Okay, I'm sorry Orion.

You're not a snob

pls forgive me

It may be about 900 onhe calories bu tI agree with you. It's high and I don't know how I can eat that much this early on.

I am eating Greek yogurt, chicken, a little bit of hummus, a tinybit of reduced fat creamcheese, low fat cottage cheese .. I jus don't know

I am working out, 1 hour of straight swimming. And like yesterday, I did 1 hour of swimming, half and hour on he sitting ellipitcal and then I went bk and swam another 20 minutes

Im sick of this crap lol

Thanks for listening. Btw, Good job on losing the near 100

Sorry again for getting snarky with u

10 minutes ago, Toomanytacos said:

Okay, I'm sorry Orion.

You're not a snob

pls forgive me

It may be about 900 onhe calories bu tI agree with you. It's high and I don't know how I can eat that much this early on.

I am eating Greek yogurt, chicken, a little bit of hummus, a tinybit of reduced fat creamcheese, low fat cottage cheese .. I jus don't know

I am working out, 1 hour of straight swimming. And like yesterday, I did 1 hour of swimming, half and hour on he sitting ellipitcal and then I went bk and swam another 20 minutes

Im sick of this crap lol

Thanks for listening. Btw, Good job on losing the near 100

Sorry again for getting snarky with u

Eh, no worries. It's the internet. It's easy for things to get taken the wrong way so no harm. :)

You say you're drinking lots of Water. Are you keeping your fluids seperate from your meals? I know that I've noticed a difference of not feeling as satisfied with a meal if I ate too soon after drinking or started drinking too soon after eating. That is one thing that can hamper things. If you're waiting about 30 minutes before/after a meal to drink they you're doing it right.

To be honest if you're exercising that much you could very well be not getting enough calories to keep up. When I hit my first stall I actually found out that by increasing my calories by about 200/day it helped the weight come off. I know it seems odd but the body is a strange thing at times. If it goes into starvation mode it wants to hold onto every ounce that it can. You may want to actually tone down your routine a bit. I know doing journals can be a pain but keeping an accurate log for a few weeks will help.

There's always little tweaks that can be made. I was using a little bit of strawberry preserves in my cottage cheese up until I realized just how many empty cals/carbs where in a serving. I at least switched to sugar free, but even then I stopped using it as often and considered it a treat when I did have it. I really don't want to say cut this/that out because God knows any morsel of food was a Godsend at 4 weeks...lol. You might try looking closer at carbs. Those do more harm to me than calories ever do.

Road, I HATE you. Waa
I am stuck at like 305..
I feel at this point, I will be that elite group of surgery peeps who will lose in total 50 pounds and that the surgery will fail on me. ugh
Congrats. I'm happy for you. Really
Lol
What is your name. My nameis Joanna, nice to meet you
I am going to the gym NOW(post reading your weight now) so thanks Lol haha

Everyone loses at different rates! My name is Alea, nice to meet you too! It's nice to have a surgery buddy!

I'll be 4 weeks out on Monday as well. I've been on a stall the last 5 days after losing almost a pound per day after surgery.

I'm only getting to 600-700 calories per day, which is usually 2 Protein Shakes and 3 other meals of some kind of Protein per day.

I use nectar protein brand, which are 100 cals/24g protein each. I make them with fairlife skim milk (80 cals/13g protein)which makes each shake 180 calls and 37g protein.

My 3 "food" meals per day don't seem to give me much calories as they're lean protein and I can only eat 2-2.5oz at each meal. I'm in the soft foods stage and have been eating a lot of fish/seafood for these meals.

Starting weight: 406

Surgery weight: 318

Current weight: 297

Goal weight: 225 (6'3")

Edited by BlueCrush

I was four weeks out on Monday. I'm getting between 600 and 700 calories per day, with one or two weird days when I was ravenous and hit mourn 900 calories of Protein Shakes, yogurt, and refried Beans. I expect that when I am allowed to start exercise that is more vigorous than walking, my calorie count will increase. That's at six weeks, so not long now!

3 hours ago, over_and_over_again said:

Have you hit any stalls in your weight loss, "Over and Over"? My doctor cleared me to do all kinds of working out the very next day after surgeyr, treadmill, ellipitcal, all kinds of cardio.. But weights, I can't do weifhts yet

I was taught that a weight loss stall is three weeks without changes to scale weight or size. I am just at week 4, and have lost about 12 or 13 pounds since surgery. So by the definition that I am using, no I haven't had any stalls. I have had days I did not lose anything on the scale and days that the scale bounced upward instead of down. And then I have stretches where the scale shows a pound down every day. Pre-Surgery or post surgery, weight loss before and during the week of my period is impossible. It just does not happen.

I think something that helps me stay sane is that I believe weight loss is not linear. On a given day you can eat exactly the right amount of calories to lose, drink all your Water, and exercise, but the scale the next morning may not give you a loss. But if you stay the course over time, you absolutely will lose weight/fat/mass.

Lucky you for that exercise clearance! I am looking forward to working out, especially almost 40 lbs lighter than I was when I started the pre-op diet.