Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed.....I think

I will be 3 years out from Gastric Sleeve surgery on 10 February. I got down to 222 from 198 (pre op...hw about 315). I am now back up tp 266. I haven't lost weight in probably 2 years. I am miserable and unhappy with my results. I feel like I can eat too much and have felt that way for a long time. I asked my surgeon for Phentermine to help kickstart me again (it's worked before) but he won't give it to me. I'm now looking into going to a local weight loss center for it.

In early December I got a stomach virus and I have been feeling sick every time I eat ever since. I also have been having diarreah off and on since then. I'm pretty sure that by the time I get to the doctor tomorrow and have labs done, they aren't going to find anything becaus that's always how it happens. I have been back on the Protein Drinks for the last couple of days and I have been preparing my meals instead of buying them at the places near my job. Although there are some pretty healthy options like SweetGreen and Panera nearby, they are typically not my preference. That is mostly bcause I don't really like panera other than their bagles and their Pasta (carbs on carbs smh) and SweetGreen tends to be a waste of money because I can never eat it all.

I looked at myself in the mirror today and my nose has spread like I'm pregnant. If I were actually having sex I would probably think that I was. I have always carried majority of my weight in my stomach and booty and my stomach is growing again. I am at an empass. I don't know what to do. I am miserable all over again like I was pre surgery.

One shining moment this week is that I tried on some clothes that I got for Christmas and although they were all an 18, they weren't a 22/24 and they all fit!! Thank God for small miracles!

I would love to lose these 66 pounds in the next 4 months...probably not possible.....

WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe consult your surgeon about sleeve to RNY?

Phentermine worries me. The side effects, including the occasional death, heart attack, stroke, heart failure and psychosis....are pretty offputting to me. It does nothing to change your habits, so when you stop it...the weight comes back. (sorry, wish this weren't true)

I think the thing to do is to talk to the docs again, work on diet, work on exercise....same old dance.

I wish it could be easier. Believe me. I REALLY wish it were easier.

Best wishes to you. Your post is brave and appreciated.

PS...glad your Christmas outfits worked out:)

Edited by Creekimp13

You are really doing well going back to making your own meals and getting the right amount of Protein. Be kind to yourself.... take it day by day... it’s hard getting back on track but you can do it!

Hang a favourite outfit you wore when you were smaller, where you can see it every day. Sometimes a visual can help and especially when it’s something you want to get back into.

I really wish you all the best. You can smash this !

1 hour ago, laurenella82 said:

I will be 3 years out from Gastric Sleeve surgery on 10 February. I got down to 222 from 198 (pre op...hw about 315). I am now back up tp 266. I haven't lost weight in probably 2 years. I am miserable and unhappy with my results. I feel like I can eat too much and have felt that way for a long time. I asked my surgeon for Phentermine to help kickstart me again (it's worked before) but he won't give it to me. I'm now looking into going to a local weight loss center for it.

In early December I got a stomach virus and I have been feeling sick every time I eat ever since. I also have been having diarreah off and on since then. I'm pretty sure that by the time I get to the doctor tomorrow and have labs done, they aren't going to find anything becaus that's always how it happens. I have been back on the Protein Drinks for the last couple of days and I have been preparing my meals instead of buying them at the places near my job. Although there are some pretty healthy options like SweetGreen and Panera nearby, they are typically not my preference. That is mostly bcause I don't really like panera other than their bagles and their Pasta (carbs on carbs smh) and SweetGreen tends to be a waste of money because I can never eat it all.

I looked at myself in the mirror today and my nose has spread like I'm pregnant. If I were actually having sex I would probably think that I was. I have always carried majority of my weight in my stomach and booty and my stomach is growing again. I am at an empass. I don't know what to do. I am miserable all over again like I was pre surgery.

One shining moment this week is that I tried on some clothes that I got for Christmas and although they were all an 18, they weren't a 22/24 and they all fit!! Thank God for small miracles!

I would love to lose these 66 pounds in the next 4 months...probably not possible.....

WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get how you feel about weight gain after surgery. It messes with your head and negative thoughts and feelings about your weight/yourself creep back into your life.

What do you do now? Take care of yourself and start again. Choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.

I hate the term fail. This is an opportunity to start over in the new year.Don't beat yourself down. Talk to yourself more positively. We are all a work in progress. None of us are perfect.

Focus on each 24 hours. What are going to do today to eat healthy and boost your activity. The sum of small efforts repeated day in day out will get you to your goal.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. A consult with your dietician. Might be getting your mind set with weight loss or other issues straightened out. Counseling may help.

We are here for the struggle. Be strong and press on!

That really sucks but love yourself regardless you are beautiful. Whenever I go through a stall or the pounds start creeping up I revert back to my post op diet where I do Protein Shakes and only eat things that have nutritional value (chicken and veggies). Are there any foods in particular that might be holding you back? For me it was popcorn and granola. I thought granola was healthy until I started noticing I was gaining weight despite working out like crazy but once I cut these two things in particular out of my diet I finally dropped a stubborn 30 pounds.

12 hours ago, crazygoose said:

That really sucks but love yourself regardless you are beautiful. Whenever I go through a stall or the pounds start creeping up I revert back to my post op diet where I do Protein Shakes and only eat things that have nutritional value (chicken and veggies). Are there any foods in particular that might be holding you back? For me it was popcorn and granola. I thought granola was healthy until I started noticing I was gaining weight despite working out like crazy but once I cut these two things in particular out of my diet I finally dropped a stubborn 30 pounds.

So apparently I have been dumping for the last month on just about everything I eat. What I thought was okay wasn't and when I saw my surgeon today he basically told me to see a nutritionist but to go back to the basic bland stuff I ate in the beginning. I had some labs done and I see him again in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will be down by then. I am also trying intermittent fasting again but this time doing the 16:8 everyday instead of a couple times a week. If I do it right maybe I can get under 200 before summer. That's a 67 pound loss.

1 hour ago, laurenella82 said:

So apparently I have been dumping for the last month on just about everything I eat. What I thought was okay wasn't and when I saw my surgeon today he basically told me to see a nutritionist but to go back to the basic bland stuff I ate in the beginning. I had some labs done and I see him again in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will be down by then. I am also trying intermittent fasting again but this time doing the 16:8 everyday instead of a couple times a week. If I do it right maybe I can get under 200 before summer. That's a 67 pound loss.

You got this! I learned from my surgeon that your stomach doesn't stretch, so just go back to the basics for a little while and it'll all fall back into place! You got this! Oh...and you're beautiful!